Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

xs power/ebay parts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
263whp stock on Mustang Dyno = recalibrated dyno... Who cares what it says other than to measure the difference from before and after his mods.

stbrn19, thanks for your informative post - keep us updated after your tune. Hopefully, you'll see some good gains for little money spent.

Of course, if you fail to make good power for your level of mods, you will be subject to countless "you get what you pay for..." posts.

Good luck!
Old Mar 1, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on the power increase, I willing to bet he makes 320-330 whp with a tune.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mudduck
Who cares what it says other than to measure the difference .........
well..... reason why people are so picky when it comes to numbers is because we like to compare them to each other.... and a high reading dyno like the orignal poster clams is going to give him inflated numbers... then EVERYONE else that reads this post will think they are going to make that kind of power.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

good numbers I hope those parts performe well after a few miles on them
Old Mar 1, 2007, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

wait a min, isnt that a ECU + Dyno sheet?
Old Mar 1, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spooldyou
well..... reason why people are so picky when it comes to numbers is because we like to compare them to each other.... and a high reading dyno like the orignal poster clams is going to give him inflated numbers... then EVERYONE else that reads this post will think they are going to make that kind of power.
No, only those tools who like to compare dyno numbers are going to think that.

The only number anyone should be looking at is the delta.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Not Delta but Omega Mu....
Old Mar 1, 2007, 06:52 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

It is interesting that from some threads I have seen the IX doesn’t make much power from an exhaust as the ECU just adjusts to compensate for the increased airflow. Once tuned you realize the full potential.

Were there any other factors that might have been different from the 2 days you dynoed; such as temperature, load etc?

Regardless get a tune and report back. If you get a wild hair put the stock IC back on when you do so we can get some information as to whether it is indeed better.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

It's your car if you want to throw the cheapest possible product on your car go ahead. Remember any upgrade over stock will be an improvement, it just depends how big off an improvement you want to get. I myself would rather pay more for a part that has been used and proven by many tuners and other Evo owners. Quality and peace of mind in knowing I will not have to buy another part because I wanted to save a few bucks is worth it to me. To each his own
Old Mar 1, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmmm, this thread lasted almost 2 pages without someone saying that. Good work evom, you have almost accepted that no one on here listens to anyone else unless they have a broken car.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:02 PM

yup the way i looked at it is the exhaust is 3 in and there are no neck downs or sharp bends. the only point that i saw that could really be a restriction is the muffler in which case i could just hack it off and replace it with a high quality one( which it isnt the case). the intercooler. cant beat the price and have seen hondas make big power on xspower cores so why not an evo??? i did dyno the car with just the down pipe and exhaust but did not post it because it did not have the mbc yet so the results would be a bit inconclusive. and on all of the dynos the car was straped up and made three pulls with each setup which were all a few hp and torque for eachother if not the same. the car runs good. and if they break i can just buy somthing else, or fix them. for under 550 dollars shipped for all the xspower parts im not going to complain. in fact i expected the parts to need to be modified to get to fit, which to my suprise they did not need to be. if some people want cheap mods that do work (whether or not they are the best or not, which i am not claiming).
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by JTB
Were there any other factors that might have been different from the 2 days you dynoed; such as temperature, load etc?
i dont know wut the temps were but im in AZ and all three days it was nice and sunny.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:07 AM
Evolved Member

Cool, nice to see some good results! now go get tuned!
Old Mar 2, 2007, 06:03 AM
Former Sponsor

wait a min, isnt that a ECU + Dyno sheet?
No it is not.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

How long will it take for people to realize that it is pointless to compare dyno numbers unless you were on the same dyno at roughly the same temp/humidity?

Remember that there are low-reading Mustang Dynos like Buschur's, high-reading/recalibrated Mustang Dynos, DD dynos, Dynapacks, Dynojets, and finally high-reading Dynojets (cough -Pruven's- cough...)

Something tells me that the trap speed of a car that does 400/400 on Buschur's MD is not going to have much in common with the trap of a car putting down 400/400 on a high reading Dynojet...

Two things I look for:
1) As was said above, delta (change) between a before- and after- mods graph on the same dyno/same conditions.

2) Change in trap speed from before- and after- mods...