Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Just got my JunB.L exhaust system!!! 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just got my JunB.L exhaust system!!! 56k beware

Hey guys I just wanted to share some initial pics of the exhaust system that I got from Joe at PPI. Let me start off by saying Joe is awesome. He kept me informed of what was going on with my order. He gave me an awesome deal which could not be finalized. The Deal was by buying the exhaust with Test pipe he would include the flash that was done on their EVO 9 test car. Which netted about 40ish whp and about 27wtq. Heres the link: http://www.paradigmperformance.net/p...evo/junbl.html

well since the flash could not be provided for now, Joe decided to go half on my mail in flash which it looks like I'll get from Jestr. Which also works out great since I'll be adding stuff like the MBC, FP, and I already have the K&N drop in. Joe had gave me a discount on the system and now is offering to help out with the tune. I think thats awesome in it's own right!! My decision to buy this system was made easy by Joe and the fact the the system has a 10 year warranty!! You cant beat that!

well here are the pics

muffler with the signature

test pipe

catback pipe

I tried the soda can test and let me say it passed with flying colors!!!! I'll update as soon as I can get it installed. It might be a bit but I cant do to much due to a small procedure that i had done but I'm hoping for maybe next week or maybe even the weekend. I'll have the install pics and videos when I'm done! Stay Tune!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow nice but i bet u just broke the bank with that alone.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

not really the system came out to 675 shipped and all in all i'm going to spend under $1K to pretty much have a "stage 1". i dont consider it to be to bad.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

i don't consider bad at all too nice set up!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's really too bad they dont have a full tbe.. that's a nice looking piece.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

it looks really clean...any pics of it installed?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
well i had asked Joe about that and he informed me that they really didnt see that much of an increase in power, so i'm guessing that the cost with a downpipe probably wouldnt be to attractive to buyers. apparently they really didnt need a downpipe until they saw 400+ whp.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rjdevo9_mr
it looks really clean...any pics of it installed?
well it's not installed yet i'm hoping for this weekend, if not during the week.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 09:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the review. It was great talking to you about your additional parts you plan to add to the car. It sounds like after your stage 1 you will have a solid 12 second car with minimal work. Just let me know when you want the credit for the flash and I I will get that to you.

I purchased a WORKS DP and it is one of the best out there. The ceramic coating too is sweet because it goes with the Swaintech coating that we use in many of our parts.

The JunB.L exhaust and their flash was a one-off deal to show what the exhaust is worth and then what good tuning is worth. Switzer decided that including the flash with the exhaust was more of a liability than it was worth. Furthermore their flash was for an EVO9 only so we could only offer a flash to less than half of those interested in the EVO exhaust.

Now get that exhaust on your car and be sure to provide a few pictures. If you were here in Michigan I would do it for free...maybe the only benefit of Michigan right now...hehe.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Thank Joe I'm currently sourcing a tactrix cable and hopefully ordering the MBC and FP soon. then all that will be left will be a boost gauge/gauge cup (which i'm waiting for them to restock it) and the reflash. But once i get the cable I'll contact Jestr and send him the OEM flash file and then keep it on file for whenever everything is installed. after everything is said and don my stage 1 upgrade will have come out to $1030 to include the cable. and hopefully hitting around 320-330ish whp with around 23psi if possible.

Once i get it installed i'm definitely will be posting pics and video

Last edited by vmrevo9; Mar 8, 2007 at 10:45 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:44 AM
Account Disabled

love the junbl...
Old Mar 11, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Updated Video & Pics

well i was able to get my system installed. it took longer than expected but over all installation went well. one thing you'll have to have other than the 1/2" drill bit for the cel mechanical fix is new hardware that will attach the factory dowpipe to the the adapter provided by JunB.L. the hardware i ended up getting was 1/2" bolts and nuts with lock washers. the factory bolts are to small and will not go through enough.

Initial impression - then soon after

it is a real big difference compared to stock but it sounds great. Also keep in mind my car is a RS so sound deading material is kinda skinpy
here are some pics

VIDEO

idle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDHw-vBvpZU

in car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSA2ztWEVNo

Last edited by vmrevo9; Mar 11, 2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

very nice....does the exhaust neck down at the v-band to flange piece that connects to the downpipe?

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
yeah I wish they sold a full 3" TBE too. Im pretty sure I would buy it...the fit and finish is just so nice
Old Mar 11, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Pretty sure its full 3 inches ries
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ries
very nice....does the exhaust neck down at the v-band to flange piece that connects to the downpipe?

yeah I wish they sold a full 3" TBE too. Im pretty sure I would buy it...the fit and finish is just so nice
no they dont neck down. it's a full 3" well i had a soda can in it and i could still see some light around the can.

Quick Reply: Just got my JunB.L exhaust system!!! 56k beware