Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Stk ECU, Power FC some moonshine and some power...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007 | 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Jap.Spec Power FC comes with 2.0 bar map sensor which reads up to 1.8 bar.
And that is why i had to order AEM 3.5 bar Map sensor...
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Dave, thanks for the great info throughout this thread and especially the last post!!!
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

agreed thanx great information!!

Just wondering.. how does the PFC run on bigger injectors? like some 1000cc or 1200cc ?
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

It runs good...
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

The US spec Power FC comes with a 3 bar. You can also use the AEM 3.5 bar is you have the correct settings to enter into the program. Apexi has a 4 bar they are working on and an AEM 5 bar sensor I sent them to get settings for.

The Power FC works GREAT with large injectors, GREAT.
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Interesting, I may have to reconsider what standalone I go with down the road.
Old Mar 17, 2007 | 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm so the Power FC is a nice option for those who want a Stand Alone but dont want to spend $2K on one.

I will read more about it, this one is probably what Im looking for.
Old Mar 18, 2007 | 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Yes Randy, correct.

Daniel asked me last night if I'd put his car back on the dyno this week and try to make some more power out of it. I think there's more to be had so does he.

He is just impressed to death at how well the car runs, starts etc. The weather here is so whacked, 0 one day, 70 degrees the next.
Old Mar 18, 2007 | 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

We have a couple cars here using the Power FC and they rule the Road Racing series here, so I guess this would be a nice choice. If there are some screen shots you can post it would make life more easy for those (like me) who are thinking about this route.

Thanks for your time
Old Mar 18, 2007 | 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

What kind of screen shot are you looking for?
Old Mar 18, 2007 | 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Of the ECU programming using the laptop, to see the user interface, I've seen the AEM and the Hydra, both look good, but like I said, Im not going to spend $2k in a computer, honestly I prefer not to. You dont have to post a map, but I'd like to see the options it has.

Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2007 | 09:02 AM
Former Sponsor

A not so well known "tuner" here uses the Apexi and many people have been dissatisfied with the results. I am happy to see that someone is capable with the unit and good results can be had. It makes me regret the fact I did not pick one up a a while back when it was too cheap. I have been toying with thoughts of something different and this could be it. I have the ECU+/stock ECU right now and it would be interesting to see what I could do with some sort of standalone.

Although considering the E85 in the mix I would like to see a bit more power. Make sure you post those gains after you do some more tweaking! Most people don't understand how important the weather is and it affects cars here in the midwest..nice to see a system that works well. What is the IDC with those injectors and E85?
Old Mar 18, 2007 | 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_ele...=197&pageNum=1

There is a link to Apexi's website and an over view of the Power FC.

I personally feel building an entire map for the car and tuning it to it's best is a very hard task to accomplish with the Commander. The new software for the laptop is the way to go. I do not see that on their site.

I too have seen a few Power FC's come in here at the shop that ran like CRAP. One in particular was tuned by a shop in PA. Car ran like absolute garbage. I tuned it, the car was awesome. Guy came back in 15 minutes and said his car ran like crap again. I went out, connected to the computer and the program had "magically" changed back to the old tune. When I asked what happened he admitted to accidently loading the old program back in when he hooked up his Commander. We had one car in particular come to us that I tuned. It went the fastest with the least HP ever off our dyno with the Power FC. Car made 286 whp and ran 11.8's.

Also, the power level this car is making is very good on a STOCK EVO8 turbo actually on our dyno.

The power is going to go up with a re-tune. I don't remember looking at the IDC's when I tuned the car. I will take a look next time and post the new power results.
Old Mar 19, 2007 | 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Yup it is much easier tunning it through the laptop rather than the Commander...
Old Mar 22, 2007 | 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Dave,

How about running with your cat instead of a straight pipe. I would like to see your numbers with it.

Quick Reply: Stk ECU, Power FC some moonshine and some power...