Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mail In Flash

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2007, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought Al, at dynoflash, knew his stuff. He answered all my questions and kept me up to date on my ecu shipping.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

I just sent two of my ECU's to Dyno Flash. I think their customer service is great. They were the ONLY place to return my phone call with out me having left a message and was willing to talk to me about the specifics of my flashes. I cant wait til it get them back from them.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

I was also thinking about getting a dynoflash mail in, but if your ecu cant be flashed by anyone else, that kinda puts the brakes on that idea! I was planning on buying a cobb accessport when they become available since I have a hookup on them. I also liked the flexibility of being able to switch maps anytime I want, and actually having a few different maps!! Now I a guess I need to rethink my plans!
Old Mar 16, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim_Patterson
Go with the Jestr tune. Stray from dynoflash unless you like supporting rude and ****ty customer service.
+1
Old Mar 16, 2007, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by VtecGSR952000
I was also thinking about getting a dynoflash mail in, but if your ecu cant be flashed by anyone else, that kinda puts the brakes on that idea! I was planning on buying a cobb accessport when they become available since I have a hookup on them. I also liked the flexibility of being able to switch maps anytime I want, and actually having a few different maps!! Now I a guess I need to rethink my plans!
Al does that to protect his tunes from people who love to steal other people's work. However, it doesn't mean he has to do it. You certainly can have the flexibility to switch maps, and you would be able to use the Cobb AP if it ever comes out.

I have 4 separate custom tunes from Al - one for each venue: street, drag, autox, and circuit. I switch between maps whenever I do one of these events - it works like a charm. If that's what you want, then you just discuss it with him to ensure it does not get locked.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMHO, it seems kind of outdated and PITA to remove your ECU, then sit with your thumb up your *** until it gets mailed back - when you could be driving your car and then upload your new ECUflash image that you received via your email in minutes.

Mail-in flashes will soon be a thing of the past...
Old Mar 16, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Locking ECU's is not right IMHO.

I would like to be able to use his map as a base and run some logs and adjust it from there.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 01:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jim_Patterson
Go with the Jestr tune. Stray from dynoflash unless you like supporting rude and ****ty customer service.
1+on that really bad service and not much help on what you ask him.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 06:00 PM
Account Disabled

jestr!, before i had my car custom tuned, i had a mail-in flash from jestr with a TBE, MBC, Fuel Pump, and Ams LICP and my car dynoed at 324 WHP, take in mind this is only the mail-in. After the custom tuned my car was at 338 WHP. So his mail-in's are pretty inpressive. The mail-in was very close to the custom tune. He knows his Shyt!
Old Mar 19, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Al is quite arrogant. Not to mention the mail in flash was less than great. Save your money and go with ECUFlash.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 09:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While you may not have many problems with a custom tune there's no better way to guarantee your tune/setup than to have a tuner actually sit down with your car and do some logging runs with it.

Sure most mail in flashes work just fine, I'd rather pay a professional and make sure that mine's running perfect.

As for who you have do it, watch for someone to visit Ron@Axis in the near future. . . but that's still quite a haul for you. Some of the people who fly in and do weekend roadtunes I believe only require four people for a trip to be made. Make a post in your regional section and see if you can get someone to fly in.

Otherwise, it's a hell of a haul but the Chi-Burbian area has a hand full of people who are competent tuners.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 09:26 PM

Does Jestr have a website? Where can I find out more information about him?
Old Mar 20, 2007, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bioman
Does Jestr have a website? Where can I find out more information about him?

Google is your friend

www.jestrtuning.com
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

I also found Al (Dynoflash) difficult to get a hold of and lack-luster customer service. Bought his tune and never installed it. Corresponded with Jestr with great communication and had is tune (M1) in my car a day later. Couldn't be happier. Will continue to tune through Jestr.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I used Dynoflash and I can't complain... Al could be a little more friendly on the phone, but I would do business with them again.