Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur 3065 turbo makes 473whp

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tha Shocker!
Are u still on stock ignition & how is it holding up? Any breaking up up top? I have a similar setup going on my 8, just wondering b/c i see many ppl using a twin-fire ignition when pushing close to 500hp range...
Stock ignition, holding up fine. We checked it out closely when tuning the car, it's doing great. I was willing to upgrade it, but the shop said not to waste the money.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 06:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was running the stock ignition when my car dyno'd 462 to the wheels and went 11.04 @ 128. It was actually 100% stock block, head (except hks 272 cams), ignition, intake manifold, throttle body, etc.... Just our stages 1-4, AEM EMS, our 3065 turbo kit, 29psi and some C-16.

I put Ralliart plug wires on my just because they were given to me from a friend. My car made 502 TO THE WHEELS on those and went 10.83 @ 133 on 29psi.

Some have not had the same luck. It all relies on the cars "personality" for the most part.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Al, I am picking this car up in the next week or so and was wondering how much more there is to get out of her by retuning and bumping the boost a bit more?

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Tonight we re-dynoed the car to 7800 rpms - it made 468

I lowered the boost slight and made it a tad richer to smooth out the tune it made 460 final

Here is a short video of the car and the dyno tuning

Old Aug 8, 2007, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

i really love how people build such a beautiful cars, spend gobs of money and just sell it. wtf? and the car was on the inflated AL/shop dyno. hit a dynojet and see what it makes.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
i really love how people build such a beautiful cars, spend gobs of money and just sell it. wtf? and the car was on the inflated AL/shop dyno. hit a dynojet and see what it makes.
Bah on DJ, I want to get it over to BR and have Al tune it there and see what she does.

Last edited by 4ringturncoat; Aug 8, 2007 at 06:09 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4ringturncoat
Bah on DJ, I want to get it over to BR and have Al tune it there and see what she does.
reason i say dynojet is because they should all be pretty consistant because u cant change the perameters on them. but if u want to hit the BR dyno, thats a good idea too. then we will know what kind of power she makes. im going to say about 390-410 with alky.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

reason i say dynojet is because they should all be pretty consistant because u cant change the perameters on them. but if u want to hit the BR dyno, thats a good idea too. then we will know what kind of power she makes. im going to say about 390-410 with alky.

With the lower boost and small alky jet Bernardo is running I would be real happy with anything over 400 on BR's dyno. Do you any other cars that have dynoed on the Shop dyno then gone to BR?

As soon as I get the car she will be going down the strip to see waht sort of time it will put down. To MPH is much better at telling power then a dyno.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 08:40 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why is Bernardo selling? I read his posts & he says he loves the car, crazy power, very happy with the results...now he's letting it go
Old Aug 9, 2007, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

He is getting a Audi RS4. I just saw one last night and they are hotness
Old Aug 9, 2007, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Geez, people have lives that we don't know about you know. Maybe he had a financial problem, job relocation, having a child. There are endless reasons why someone would sell their car. I dont get why it has to be some weird occurence when someone decides to do so.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Hey, times change and I didn't want to keep the Evo around and keep up a car payment unnecessarily. I have only been driving the Evo 1 day a week since I did the 3065 turbo. I live in an area where I can't just jump in the Evo and go to the grocery store -- I get a little too much attention from the cops and uptight people. I daily drive my STi, I made a decision when I bought the STi 3 years ago that I'd just beat the crap out of that car and if it breaks, it breaks. In some weird way, I'm selling the Evo because I love it too much. I'm way too **** about it, and I don't actually enjoy owning as much as I should because I'm totally paranoid about it getting stolen/broken into/crashed into/etc. It's not even gone yet and I'm already missing it...

I'm not getting my money's worth out of the Evo because I just want to hammer on it and I can't get away with it. I already got the letter from DMV warning me that I go back to driver's school if I get one more ticket. If I got caught for 1/2 the runs I've done in the Evo.... well.

Bret's going to love the car, and I'm totally excited to see what he does with it at the track. I might talk a big game, but I can't bring myself to even mildly launch the Evo, let alone actually get it to the track. With AEM and turned up boost, this will run high 10's all day long.

That's my story.

Last edited by bernardo; Sep 6, 2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 04:27 PM

great numbers man... keep it up...
Old Aug 9, 2007, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bernardo
Hey, times change and I didn't want to keep the Evo around and keep up a car payment unnecessarily. I have only been driving the Evo 1 day a week since I did the 3065 turbo. I live in an area where I can't just jump in the Evo and go to the grocery store -- I get a little too much attention from the cops and uptight people. I daily drive my STi, I made a decision when I bought the STi 3 years ago that I'd just beat the crap out of that car and if it breaks, it breaks. In some weird way, I'm selling the Evo because I love it too much. I'm way too **** about it, and I don't actually enjoy owning as much as I should because I'm totally paranoid about it getting stolen/broken into/crashed into/etc. It's not even gone yet and I'm already missing it...

My STi makes 500whp and I beat the **** out of it every chance I get. That's a fast enough car.

Our financial situation has improved recently (new bike contract, wife got a good pay raise) so we're getting the RS4. We're getting ready to put some $$ down on a new home and had some extra money to manage the payment on the RS4.

I'll still drive my STi on dirt roads and in the snow and terrorize the occasional corvette. It's actually a little liberating to not care too much about the STi. It's hard to explain, but it's kind of like "if you love something, set it free." I'm not getting my money's worth out of the Evo because I just want to hammer on it and I can't get away with it. I already got the letter from DMV warning me that I go back to driver's school if I get one more ticket. If I got caught for 1/2 the runs I've done in the Evo.... well.

Bret's going to love the car, and I'm totally excited to see what he does with it at the track. I might talk a big game, but I can't bring myself to even mildly launch the Evo, let alone actually get it to the track. With AEM and turned up boost, this will run high 10's all day long.

That's my story.

I will take good care of her, hell my 04 has less then 6k on her. The packet is on the way you should have it on Friday
Old Aug 10, 2007, 04:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bernardo

My STi makes 500whp and I beat the **** out of it every chance I get. That's a fast enough car.

Our financial situation has improved recently (new bike contract, wife got a good pay raise) so we're getting the RS4. We're getting ready to put some $$ down on a new home and had some extra money to manage the payment on the RS4.

I'll still drive my STi on dirt roads and in the snow and terrorize the occasional corvette. It's actually a little liberating to not care too much about the STi. It's hard to explain, but it's kind of like "if you love something, set it free." I'm not getting my money's worth out of the Evo because I just want to hammer on it and I can't get away with it. I already got the letter from DMV warning me that I go back to driver's school if I get one more ticket. If I got caught for 1/2 the runs I've done in the Evo.... well.

That's my story.
well i do love the RS4's but think i would still rather have the evo.

but u confuse me what u say u cant jump in the evo and go to the store but u can jump in the 500whp STI?

and hey when it comes down to it, it is just a car, and cars are ment to be driven. if u cant do it, then hey, send it on its way to someone who can
Old Aug 10, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Well WH will miss the Evo. Good luck on the RS4! I've been in a few and they are great cars...very different from the Evo, but good.
-Alex

Quick Reply: Buschur 3065 turbo makes 473whp