Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur 3065 turbo makes 473whp

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2007, 08:08 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I totally feel u on the being too **** part. I used to pray every time i walked out to my car that there were no scratches or dents in her, but i'm slowly starting to get over it. Seeing that u already have a beefy STI, and have a greater investment planned i can understand ur reasoning now. But me personally....i love my Evo too much to even think about letting it go. Even if a financial situation came up, i'd do whatever it took to keep it. I will have mine foreveeerr!! Good luck in the future man & thanks for ur insight!
Old Aug 10, 2007, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice numbers.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 09:58 AM

Nice car and #'s . Hope to see you at the EVO vs WRX shootout at the end of this month.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

I am in Michigan, where is the shootout?
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Come to the 15th annual DSM / EVO shootout next weekend down here Bret.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

I don't think I can get out to get the car until next Sunday otherwise I would.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

I drove this car abotu a week or two ago. It is in perfect shape and runs perfect also. You will love the car.
JK
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kay@kacework.com
I drove this car abotu a week or two ago. It is in perfect shape and runs perfect also. You will love the car.
JK
I have a RS now...tell me what its like to roll up the windows and lock the doors from the drivers seat
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4ringturncoat
I have a RS now...tell me what its like to roll up the windows and lock the doors from the drivers seat
better yet, tell him what it's like to drive the car as his has not moved for a year and a half.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by money pit
better yet, tell him what it's like to drive the car as his has not moved for a year and a half.
Oh yea...that to I sit in mine and make race car noises...
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:36 AM
Account Disabled

any chance of seeing some pump gas numbers with the stock ECU/MAF?
Old Sep 1, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bernardo
Hey, times change and I didn't want to keep the Evo around and keep up a car payment unnecessarily. I have only been driving the Evo 1 day a week since I did the 3065 turbo. I live in an area where I can't just jump in the Evo and go to the grocery store -- I get a little too much attention from the cops and uptight people. I daily drive my STi, I made a decision when I bought the STi 3 years ago that I'd just beat the crap out of that car and if it breaks, it breaks. In some weird way, I'm selling the Evo because I love it too much. I'm way too **** about it, and I don't actually enjoy owning as much as I should because I'm totally paranoid about it getting stolen/broken into/crashed into/etc. It's not even gone yet and I'm already missing it...

My STi makes 500whp and I beat the **** out of it every chance I get. That's a fast enough car.

Our financial situation has improved recently (new bike contract, wife got a good pay raise) so we're getting the RS4. We're getting ready to put some $$ down on a new home and had some extra money to manage the payment on the RS4.

I'll still drive my STi on dirt roads and in the snow and terrorize the occasional corvette. It's actually a little liberating to not care too much about the STi. It's hard to explain, but it's kind of like "if you love something, set it free." I'm not getting my money's worth out of the Evo because I just want to hammer on it and I can't get away with it. I already got the letter from DMV warning me that I go back to driver's school if I get one more ticket. If I got caught for 1/2 the runs I've done in the Evo.... well.

Bret's going to love the car, and I'm totally excited to see what he does with it at the track. I might talk a big game, but I can't bring myself to even mildly launch the Evo, let alone actually get it to the track. With AEM and turned up boost, this will run high 10's all day long.

That's my story.
It is unfortunate that you somewhat irresponsible on that pwr on your evo, next time take it to the track.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

what are you talking about? if anything it sounds like he IS a responsible driver.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63 T
It is unfortunate that you somewhat irresponsible on that pwr on your evo, next time take it to the track.
I sold him this car personally last year and he is a very responsible person, I wouldnt go around tarnishing his name like that.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63 T
Yeah, not sure where the "irresponsible" part comes in... Not everyone builds up cars to take them to the track, but maybe you didn't know that.

Quick Reply: Buschur 3065 turbo makes 473whp