Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur 3065 turbo makes 473whp

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nez136
Proper saftey equipment? Jarrod your suppose to set an example!

At Great Lakes Dragway its the same rules (11.49) but they never really cared...but i guess they are going "NHRA" this year so i'll get booted even if im in the 11's
It is safer to drive on the track without the proper equipment then it is to drive on the street with it.

Bouncing my head off a roll cage in a 35mph fender bender doesnt really appeal to me if you know what I mean. I drive a street car.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Nez just so you know.... when I made those few changes back in the fall my car went from 462whp @ 29psi to 505whp @ 29psi on our dyno with the only real power mod added being our cams. Torque also jumped up 40ft lbs. I did put in larger injectors and our modified fuel pump for a little added safety as well. The pistons, rods and valve springs were only added for safety.

Im wanting to jump to even larger injectors and our twin pump setup to run on E85 this year. Not sure if this will be done by May 7 though.

There is no question that those cams are the sh*t and they are a good price. I deff need them in my car. I will be getting a hold of you about that in the next month and a half. r u still on stock retainers?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:17 AM
Former Sponsor

There is no question that those cams are the sh*t and they are a good price. I deff need them in my car. I will be getting a hold of you about that in the next month and a half. r u still on stock retainers?
No. Thats the only thing that has been touched in the head is the valve springs & retainers.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

yyeea...Jrod, you got pm'ed like a ****, lol
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
3065 is larger than a 3076.

the 3065 will dwarf a 50trim. DSM's have been nines on a 3065. 50trim wont run past 30psi.

Show me a 50trim that has hit more than 126mph on a evo. theres several stock block, stock head 3065's trapping 128+
I think some people are getting a little off track with this. The original poster never said anything about drag racing. On that note, why does everyone automatically throw out 1/4 mile numbers when the Evo isn't a drag car?

Anywho, back on topic. My point was to the fact that the individual stated that he had issues with passing in 5th gear among other lag issues. I simply put that for similar power he could have installed a 50 trim and netted nearly the same power (on 93 and meth, if you don't believe me call AMS) and would have better spool.

So continue on...as usual people forget to look up before they jump to conclusions.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

also couldn't he just turn the boost up??? seeing as hes at like 22 psi
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cirrusly Evolvd
I simply put that for similar power he could have installed a 50 trim and netted nearly the same power (on 93 and meth, if you don't believe me call AMS) and would have better spool.
You're correct about the better spool....but the most anyone has gotten on a 50 trim is 500 whp, the 3065 would max out above that. The question becomes topend vs. spool, as so many turbo debates on evom can't agree on this issue.

I wish he'd turn up the boost a little bit to see the results!
Old Mar 28, 2007, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Everyone's got a different goal in mind for their car. My goals are along the lines of Jarrod's -- fast *** car around town, keeping it driveable and safe on the street. I'll be lucky if this car ever makes more than 10 passes down a track in its life. (Jarrod's going to make a lot more).

I'm not chasing a particular ET or whp #. I just want a fast, driveable, safely tuned, fun car.

I don't drive my car in the rain or snow, but I drive it every chance I get the rest of the year, so I guess it is a daily driver. I've been driving it all week long, and love it more and more. The lag doesn't bother me. I'm not saying "lag is over-rated," just that it doesn't bother me. That's life with a bigger turbo. I rev the engine a lot higher, and downshift more often, and I love doing that.

I feel more involved with driving now, because I'm watching the boost, watching the revs, feeling the clutch, watching for the alky to begin spraying. I'd rather be doing all that than doing almost anything else in the world. I like being involved and aware of my driving when I'm driving. That's what it's all about for me.

All in all, I'm thrilled with this turbo and the cosworth cams.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

That's all the counts in the end...your own satisfaction.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

damn i want that turbo!!!
Old Mar 29, 2007, 02:54 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Jrod you still on stock head bro.. becides springs retainers and cams? is your block oringed?

How much boost would you guys run this turbo on a fully built block and stock hg.. arp's ofcourse..
Old Mar 29, 2007, 03:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dafunk630
damn i want that turbo!!!
What impressed me most about your car was the smoothness (am I seeing a trend here) and all that freekin TQ. You pop this turbo on and you will probably loose 100 ft/lbs of TQ. But you'll probably gain 70-100+ whp because I feel you have more quite a bit more work done than B and you'll probably end up running quite a bit more boost. Your cars power band will be dramatically different. It'll feel more like a real race car and probably less like the high TQ rally machine. I dont know man. Seems like a win win situation to me.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 07:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
Hey Jrod you still on stock head bro.. becides springs retainers and cams? is your block oringed?

How much boost would you guys run this turbo on a fully built block and stock hg.. arp's ofcourse..
The head is still stock besides the springs & retainers and cams yes. No porting, valve job, etc....

The block has never been out of the car. It is not o-ringed. We only o-ring the head. I just did the drop in pistons and rods in the car. I just wanted the upgraded safety thats why I switched the internals. The stock stuff was still working but just in case I didnt want a stock rod breaking and going through the block. Blocks are to expensive to just buy a new one.

I have run 30psi on my current setup with no issues. Our drop in Crower rods / JE Pistons, ARP headstuds, OEM headgasket, no o-ring, etc..... Shifting at 8500. Im not telling any of you to do that but thats just how I drive.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
I have run 30psi on my current setup with no issues. Our drop in Crower rods / JE Pistons, ARP headstuds, OEM headgasket, no o-ring, etc..... Shifting at 8500. Im not telling any of you to do that but thats just how I drive.
Thats how i do it, 2.3l to 8500@30psi!
Old Mar 29, 2007, 08:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Thats how i do it, 2.3l to 8500@30psi!
I wouldnt rev a 2.3 that high. Highest I would rev that is 7800ish.

Thats why I stuck with a 2.0 because I like to rev it high.

Quick Reply: Buschur 3065 turbo makes 473whp