Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Dynoed - RnR BB 50 trim & Machines Gone Wild Tuning

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matyb
the owner of the car seemed pretty serious about not going meth/wi....

but he really should i think its his only hope to make that thing shine
Yeah if you want to make some power and you have 90-91 octane, alcohol/methanol injection is the way to go. I dont see any sense in spending thousands in turbo upgrades and such when $500-600 for an injection system will net you some pretty darn good results.

A stock turbo'd EVO with about $7000 less into it, with some meth injection would probably only make 30whp or so less than this ridiculously high priced setup. But thats my opinion.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Id kill myself if i had all that work done for 402hp and 364tq what a waste of money?
Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Yeah if you want to make some power and you have 90-91 octane, alcohol/methanol injection is the way to go. I dont see any sense in spending thousands in turbo upgrades and such when $500-600 for an injection system will net you some pretty darn good results.

A stock turbo'd EVO with about $7000 less into it, with some meth injection would probably only make 30whp or so less than this ridiculously high priced setup. But thats my opinion.
couldn't of said it better myself

except i was gonna say $7038.49
Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha

Good numbers bro

Don't mind warr. He drinks mad haterade
Old Mar 23, 2007, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbrown
Actually, YOU'RE not too bright and I don't think YOU'RE getting the picture.

Comparing two different dynos is stupid. I could drive to CFT right now and make 340hp on their mustang dyno, but if I drive to Japtrix, I'll only make 305hp on their dyno and that would be the same fuel and the same altitude. That's a 10% difference. Then if I go to Machines Gone Wild, I'll make 335 on their DynoJet, and if I go to Twilight Performance, I'll make 360.

You have no idea what, if any correction factor was used on his dyno sheets, and probably not on yours either. Plus there is a huge difference between 90 octane and 93 octane fuel, even at the same boost, there is no way you can run even close to the same timing. And there is no way you made 400hp on a stock turbo at 21psi (which is what EvO6-RS2 was running).

So yeah, who's not getting the picture?

owned
Old Mar 23, 2007, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
It does? Maybe if this was on a stock 2.0, then yeah, but this is a stroker motor, yet the turbo still doesn't spool quickly. 4800 for peak torque at such low boost is not good for a stroker, and the peak torque is also weak for a stroker. i would be quite disappointed in this if I had spent money on a stroker and 50-trim. Then again, it is an RNR kit. As for only having 90oct, wouldn't the obvious choice be to then get alky? $500 for alky to gain tons more torque and HP or $3k for a stroker motor to get much less? YMTC...

So, you could remove the turbo kit, go back to the stock 2.0, remove the AEM EMS, add alky, and you would get:
- More torque
- Similar max whp
- 1000rpm earlier spool
- 0 credit card balance
- Higher reliability
- Less hassle

Nice!

+1

My larger than 50trim gt3037s, even w/ an ATP "Evo" housing, hit's full boost 500 rpm's sooner... With the mods in my sig, and a stock block.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KOEvo
+1

My larger than 50trim gt3037s, even w/ an ATP "Evo" housing, hit's full boost 500 rpm's sooner... With the mods in my sig, and a stock block.
On what octane and what amount of advanced timing? I guarantee you try and run the **** that this guy is and your spool will be hurting like his. I agree that he should add some sort of injection or additive to boost octane and I guarantee his spool and power production will increase dramatically.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

You guy's need to remember, this is just 20psi and pump gas...no stock turbo Evo here can make anywhere near that power & torque @ comparable boost on straight pump gas.

And whenever the owner decides to step up his game and use meth or race gas he will see much more power & torque than any stock turbo, imagine the potential of 30psi and an aggresive tune...so alot of these post are about stock turbo with hi boost & meth are pointless, they can't compare.

Just FYI - most modded cars dynoed here read lower than in the US (usually 20-30 whp less) comparing to Dynojet #'s with cars using the same mods. Why I honestly don't know, some say it's atmospheric differences & low quality gas...honestly I dunno why???

Also, there are some stock turbo Evo's here with all the mods (built motors, but no major headwork & upgraded cams) and they can't push out anything over 350whp/330ft.lbs @ 30psi tampering to 26psi (with pump & 100% meth) To date no one has produced a stock turbo over 350 whp and the Evo's here with the FP Green are just touching 350-360 whp...none of them have run these FP Green higher than 24psi though.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
+1

Thanks for that info...so
Old Mar 24, 2007, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvO6-RS2
You guy's need to remember, this is just 20psi and pump gas...no stock turbo Evo here can make anywhere near that power & torque @ comparable boost on straight pump gas.

And whenever the owner decides to step up his game and use meth or race gas he will see much more power & torque than any stock turbo, imagine the potential of 30psi and an aggresive tune...so alot of these post are about stock turbo with hi boost & meth are pointless, they can't compare.

Just FYI - most modded cars dynoed here read lower than in the US (usually 20-30 whp less) comparing to Dynojet #'s with cars using the same mods. Why I honestly don't know, some say it's atmospheric differences & low quality gas...honestly I dunno why???

Also, there are some stock turbo Evo's here with all the mods (built motors, but no major headwork & upgraded cams) and they can't push out anything over 350whp/330ft.lbs @ 30psi tampering to 26psi (with pump & 100% meth) To date no one has produced a stock turbo over 350 whp and the Evo's here with the FP Green are just touching 350-360 whp...none of them have run these FP Green higher than 24psi though.
Bro you're going off on a rant in the wrong direction. When we referred to a stock turbo car doing such and such it was in reference to the amount of money spent on the build of this car.

We know a stock turbo'd car with 90octane will not make that power. We were saying a stock turbo'd car with a meth setup or an equivalent would make 350-360whp there, whereas this car with a 7000+ setup is only making around 30-40whp more and has slower spool/response. Thats all.

Once he does throw some meth at it or race gas, it will be much better!
Old Mar 24, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Bro you're going off on a rant in the wrong direction. When we referred to a stock turbo car doing such and such it was in reference to the amount of money spent on the build of this car.

We know a stock turbo'd car with 90octane will not make that power. We were saying a stock turbo'd car with a meth setup or an equivalent would make 350-360whp there, whereas this car with a 7000+ setup is only making around 30-40whp more and has slower spool/response. Thats all.

Once he does throw some meth at it or race gas, it will be much better!
This car was built for easy upgradability for the owner future endeavours, it won't take much more money...for a GT35r, GT37r or a GT40r and make the BIG power 600+ whp we all crave and head for 10 sec time slips...so the '$' money spent thing is also questionable depending on how u look at it, i hear you ...but we see the money spent in another way as suggested above.

A stock turbo evo upgrading to a GT35r and higher will eventually have the same spend (turbo kit, AEM, motor build) to hit 650+ mark right??
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbrown
Actually, YOU'RE not too bright and I don't think YOU'RE getting the picture.

Comparing two different dynos is stupid. I could drive to CFT right now and make 340hp on their mustang dyno, but if I drive to Japtrix, I'll only make 305hp on their dyno and that would be the same fuel and the same altitude. That's a 10% difference. Then if I go to Machines Gone Wild, I'll make 335 on their DynoJet, and if I go to Twilight Performance, I'll make 360.

You have no idea what, if any correction factor was used on his dyno sheets, and probably not on yours either. Plus there is a huge difference between 90 octane and 93 octane fuel, even at the same boost, there is no way you can run even close to the same timing. And there is no way you made 400hp on a stock turbo at 21psi (which is what EvO6-RS2 was running).

So yeah, who's not getting the picture?

Hey Genius, once agian your not getting the picture....Obviously your not the bright one to read my sig. before you speak. Stock Turbo?

And genius, his dyno was done on a 50trim.....

Last edited by Ev0cRaZy; Mar 24, 2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvO6-RS2
This car was built for easy upgradability for the owner future endeavours, it won't take much more money...for a GT35r, GT37r or a GT40r and make the BIG power 600+ whp we all crave and head for 10 sec time slips...so the '$' money spent thing is also questionable depending on how u look at it, i hear you ...but we see the money spent in another way as suggested above.

A stock turbo evo upgrading to a GT35r and higher will eventually have the same spend (turbo kit, AEM, motor build) to hit 650+ mark right??
Great, what will it spool at then? Can you imagine this car with a gt40r, it wouldn't hit full boost by redline...

Originally Posted by Creamo3
On what octane and what amount of advanced timing? I guarantee you try and run the **** that this guy is and your spool will be hurting like his. I agree that he should add some sort of injection or additive to boost octane and I guarantee his spool and power production will increase dramatically.
On pump 92 octane and normal pump gas timing, actually probably less than stock timing considering my bigger turbo... I don't know that much about ignition timing though.

As far as i knew octane/boost didn't have much to do with increased/decreased spool up. 91 octane Cali guys seem to spool their turbo's at the same (or very close to the same) RPM as guys running 93 octane everywhese else... That is only a 2 octane difference... So what makes you think it is acceptable that this guy running only 2 octane less gas than myself, and 1 octane less than the Cali guys; takes as much time to spool a 50 trim as it should take to spool a 35r?

Now i know that timing does effect spool up, and you need octane to add timing; but common, from the Cali. 91 to regular 93 example we can clearly see here what 1-2 octane does to timing in terms of effect of spool up... It's barely noticable.

Last edited by KOEvo; Mar 26, 2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=KOEvo;4132272]Great, what will it spool at then? Can you imagine this car with a gt40r, it wouldn't hit full boost by redline...

HUH not sure what you're trying to say here I wasn't talking about spooling of any turbo. But I guess a GT40r would see full boost 500 or so rpm later than present.