Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

12.00 in the AMS EVO8

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2003, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shiv:

al: I'm one of those people too.. I want to know what my car will run whenever I hit the gas pump... so, would you like me to send your old BOV back? JFWY.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by shiv@vishnu

While you're wrong on all accounts, I think you're talking about us. And I'm not too dissappointed to hear that what we do doesn't make any sense to you

shiv
I wasnt talking about you. It was some other place I had in mind. I know you tune with race fuel - (I read your posts - I learned a LOT from what you had to write so far).

Obviously - what makes sence to a lunatic like me who only wants to go as fast as humanly possible at any cost - - will NOT make sense to the ordinary evo owner who has concerns about the possibility of blowing up his engine or retaining a warranty - - or who dosn't feel inclined to spent thousands of wasted hours trying to figure something out which does not yeild and financial renumeration - - - - there are not many who would understand just how far gone I have become in my pursuit of speed - but running a little race fuel is the LEAST of my worries !

Last edited by Alfriedesq; Jun 11, 2003 at 02:10 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[i] so, would you like me to send your old BOV back? JFWY. [/B]
No - thats not necessary. Thanks for offering - I am trying to keep my engine bay more stealth looking with lots of stock style peices - this way i can try and re-coop some of my insane parts bills by winning a few street races in the bronx. Although the ole' bov was a masterpiece yto look at - many fellow street racers were scared of it - thinking I had some internal engine mods to go along with the bov. The el cheapo plastic stock unit is a great ruse. It does leak a bit of boost but who cares?
Old Jun 11, 2003, 05:59 PM
dan

stronger clutch, lighter flywheel and slip differentials ??

nice runs
Old Jun 11, 2003, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

AMS, how much is your kit going to cost? I haven't seen a pricing yet on your site. Also what exactly comes with the kit?
Old Jun 13, 2003, 09:51 AM

I can't wait for the AMS report after the boost leak is fixed and the clutch replaced.

Good Stuff!

Aren't you guys planning to replace the stock turbo for the HKS GT3037S? If so...when. You guys have me waiting for every update now. LOL
Old Jun 13, 2003, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

It seems to me that the HKS turbo you speak of is kind of overpriced for the HP you CAN'T get out of it. We are currently working on our own turbo kit for the car, and although the project is young it looks very promising and will be far cheaper than the HK$ kit.

-kris