Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Twin scroll/divided housing manifold.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True that, that is weird.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Lets say for example I have the atp gt35r kit with the twin scroll housing, and hook up a shearer twin scroll manifold what else can I do with this setup to help spool up even further ?

Last edited by blackonblackevo; Mar 21, 2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Contact Drifto here on the boards.. He owns a Fabrication shop in Birmingham and has done a twin scroll setup on his car, as well as on another.. He did the turbo kit on my car, and let me tell you Walker does EXCELLENT work!! Here is his car and some other work he has done:

http://www.mpfab.com/galleries.htm

EDIT: Wasn't really thinking about location when I posted, it's late lol. Don't know if that would work for you but oh well, his work is great anyhow!

Last edited by mac_05evo; Mar 21, 2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
I've said this before, but be advised that you will not be able to replace the ATP manifold and turbine housing with another manifold and turbine housing and expect things to fit, because they won't. You will end up refabricating quite a lot to make this work, so be prepared.

Just FYI.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm ordering this manifold in the next couple of days. anybody have any experience with it? i was told by "dnp" that a 3.00" down pipe could clear the a/c easily when using this manifold.

Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Lets say i trade my atp .63 ar hotside, for the atp t3 .78 ar hotside for my atp gt35r turbo. Is their a manifold on the market the will work with the atp .78 ar hotside, or will i have to have somebody fabricate a custom divided housing manifold to work with it.

Question for shearer, if and when you do come out with a twin scroll housed manifold will it be compatiable with the atp gt35 t3 .78 ar hotside.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Also lets say i do end up getting a custom twin scroll manifold made, to work with the atp gt35r t3 .78 ar turbo what other things can be done to further improve spool up ?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:59 PM
EvoM Guru

If you swap an ATP .78 A/R hotside onto your turbo, you can find a manifold to bolt onto the turbo, but your other hardware (downpipe, LICP, WG, intake, etc.) will not fit.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

N2O would help spool

Your best bet would be to sell the kit and buy a new kit. Otherwise your going to end up with a bunch of parts you have no use for.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

What do you suggest i do to have a twin scroll gt35r? By the way why will none of those parts fit anymore if i change my hotside to a t3?

Last edited by blackonblackevo; Mar 21, 2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Realistically speaking, you have two options:

(1) Remove and sell the ATP kit, getting whatever you can for it, and purchasing a twin-scroll GT35r kit (if you can find one).

(2) Keep the turbo, discard just about everything else, and have a kit fabricated by a competent, experienced, knowledgeable fabricator. This is what I did.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Ted, don't you hate this crap, haven't you told this guy in two threads now exactly what to and what not to do?

Twin scroll housings are sold by ATP , nobody read:NOBODY makes a divided t3 manifold for the evo, in order to make your twin scroll setup a reality and to do it right you would need 2 wastegates, a manifold, a divided exhaust housing, a new downpipe, a new intake and a bunch of other stuff.

Basically you shouldnt of bought an ATP kit like evom warns all people, but you did and now your stuck with it.

Scorke
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Hey it's Scorke with the suspension.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Ted, don't you hate this crap, haven't you told this guy in two threads now exactly what to and what not to do?

Twin scroll housings are sold by ATP , nobody read:NOBODY makes a divided t3 manifold for the evo, in order to make your twin scroll setup a reality and to do it right you would need 2 wastegates, a manifold, a divided exhaust housing, a new downpipe, a new intake and a bunch of other stuff.

Basically you shouldnt of bought an ATP kit like evom warns all people, but you did and now your stuck with it.

Scorke
This guy makes a twin scroll t3 manifold... you don't need 2 wastegates if you do a 35r...

http://www.mpfab.com/galleries.htm
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

I can guarantee you that manifold will cost in excess of 1200 dollars. That guy does great work but does it all himself, and to get a skilled fabricator to build something for you it is not cheap.

You don't NEEED two wastegates for any turbo, however in order to do a twin scroll manifold right you need to separate the pulses between the divided runners, which can only be done with two wastegates. Look at how AMS does there 42R kits and you will see what I am talking about, running a setup like Drifto, which is who runs MPfab's (Walker's) divded t3 manifold is better than running a straight t3 manifold in terms of spool but will not be as good as a twin wastegated setup.

I suppose another way to do it would be to run the wastegate after the turbo like AMS does on there 35R 5 bolt kits but that would make for a tight fit.

Scorke