Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

downforce games

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good thread. awaiting updates!
Old Apr 18, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Badass, Im liking this.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been looking for a front and rear diffuser for some time now...
Old Apr 18, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the voltex front bumper undertray (small), and the apr rear diffuser combo...any opinions?
Old Apr 18, 2007, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The new APR diffuser is cool!

BUT....Ive been trying to find the old APR diffuser they used for the widebody kit...

They dont make these anymore...

So I am trying to fabricate something similiar... for the CWEST bumper
Old Apr 18, 2007, 02:32 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
here are voltex canards for cwest w/ custom garage hrs carbon kevlar/ carbon fiber undertray/splitter

rear spoiler is a must w/ the front end/ undertrays and diffusers

and here is what i am working on now...still lots of work needs done but an idea

Last edited by evodave; Apr 18, 2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Hopefully my carbon fiber front splitter will be on for HIN Dulles... Im going to be running two sets of canards vice triple canards like the Cyber Evo

1 set of wing canards on the cabon fiber splitter and one set of oversized canards on the actual bumper
Old Apr 18, 2007, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

This is the car that Im actually building... its the 2004? original runduce evo

I was trying to keep it a secret until my photoshoot... but Im letting the cat out the bag

Im going to be running the one oversize canard on the bumper... vice two

here's the only pic i can show until completion

Old Apr 18, 2007, 02:53 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Originally Posted by talentsearch301

This is the car that Im actually building... its the 2004? original runduce evo

I was trying to keep it a secret until my photoshoot... but Im letting the cat out the bag

Im going to be running the one oversize canard on the bumper... vice two

here's the only pic i can show until completion

cool deal hope you don't like driving your car around my car lowered w/ my setup is less then 2 inches off the ground in the front (aka when you push your toes under it w/ normal shoes on it rubs)...additionally having a big spoiler is a must as the car is way weird w/ just the front and even a stock rear. one last note is i dropped 3 mph trap speeds changing out my bumper and taking off my rear spoiler so it helps to have lots of power to push that kinda downforce cause no matter what people say it will slow ya down some. Not that i planned on drag racing w. it but i wanted to see.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

So it will look something like this... without the girl

Old Apr 18, 2007, 03:06 PM
Account Disabled

Good thread.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodave
cool deal hope you don't like driving your car around my car lowered w/ my setup is less then 2 inches off the ground in the front (aka when you push your toes under it w/ normal shoes on it rubs)...additionally having a big spoiler is a must as the car is way weird w/ just the front and even a stock rear. one last note is i dropped 3 mph trap speeds changing out my bumper and taking off my rear spoiler so it helps to have lots of power to push that kinda downforce cause no matter what people say it will slow ya down some. Not that i planned on drag racing w. it but i wanted to see.
I barely drive this car... only to shows and a few meets...

and in the process of getting an enclosed trailer.

Im definitelty getting a wing, Im looking at the SARD GT wing or the VOLTEX.

I have more than enough power to push this baby...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ight=peakboost

wont be drag racing this... the ultimate goal is GT live 2007

Last edited by talentsearch301; Apr 18, 2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

can i get in this game too??
Old Apr 18, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue By You Evo
can i get in this game too??

Of course Brendan

I KNOW your car is going to be hot... cant wait to see those build pics
Old Apr 18, 2007, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by trinydex
none of this is mine... it's all for the benefit and information of everyone in the world.

i am making my own front undertray. i just don't know if i want to make a lip or not. i'm running the cwest and my ride height is pretty high. i still scrape on some things, some shopping driveways etc.

a lip will generate a lot of downfoce but the problem is clearence and also that i'd like to make my undertray out of the thinnest possible material. that will induce both more labor and some basic materials problems to reinforce only the lip by say adding/doubling the thickness of the lip's sheet metal.

the only other alternative is to make the entire thing out of thick gauge sheet and i dont find that to be a good option at all

the main goal of my project is to hold the bumper up so i can add serious canards and not peel the bumper off... adding a lip would be secure too but hte lip is proving to be an engineering headache.
First off, you keep talking about sheet metal. Have you thought about using fiberglass or carbon fiber. Alternatively, you could run a base layer of thin aluminum sheet and bond a couple layers of fiberglass on top of it. That is how our first splitter/undertray was built (except with carbon and a foam core also). Problem is weight. Actually, weight:strength . . . any time you start adding metal to increase your stiffness, your weight is going to go up dramatically. How about a layer of nomex honeycomb sandwiched between a 2 layers of glass or carbon? Maximum thichness of any of these options will be about 1/2"-3/4". While you're down there you may as well make it protrude a couple inches to make a splitter/lip. If you only extend it about 2-3" you will still make downforce but it won't hurt your ground clearance too much.

Are you planning on adding venturis (ducts)? I have the small Voltex undertray for my Voltex front bumper. It is a very nice unit. Their engineering behind their pieces is absolutely amazing. It gave me tons of ideas for mounting of my custom splitter/undertray that I'm having made. I will probably use alot of the mounting points/methods that Voltex does.

So what are your thought on having an undertray/splitter that mounts primarily to the frame so the bumper can be removed quickly and easily vs. one that mounts primarily to the front bumper with a couple hard mounts to the frame. That way with about 4 extra bolts to take off the front bumper and splitter can be removed as a single unit. To put it back on you just bolt up the stock bumper screws and fasteners and the 4 splitter bolts (to the frame) and you're done. . . Which do you think is more functional for racing purposes??

EVOlutionary

p.s. I found a way to add side spoilers (wheel well air extractors) to the Voltex front bumper like the ones you've posted pictures of. Rather than being built into the bumper cover it willl be a very simple addition that should be completely functional. . .

Quick Reply: downforce games