Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Tranny Wont Come Off!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever you end up doing, make sure that this guy knows that what happened was due to the previous shop's eff up!!!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
try some WD-40
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4whlpl
Whatever you end up doing, make sure that this guy knows that what happened was due to the previous shop's eff up!!!

Yeah i have called him everytime i ran into a problem that i noticed. He already knew the messed up some cause not one of the inspection plugs was anywhere on the tranny, just empty holes.

Few opinions on what i should do? We had a minimum amount $$$ for doing this job. I have more hours into this car than what it should have took to complete! Hes goina come get his car incomplete and i feel i deserve money for my time but then again i didnt complete. What should i do bout this?
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:55 PM
Account Disabled

i don't get why you didn't just do what i suggested, you could be almost done by now...
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo@24psi
Ok is it possible that the bolts to the flywheel from the pressure plate are reversed on aftermarket c&f? Cause they are inside the tranny on here and no way to get to them. I have had the tranny as far off as it would go and still couldnt come close to those pressure plate bolts.

Must have missed this one.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 01:03 PM

Yeah i have called him everytime i ran into a problem that i noticed. He already knew the messed up some cause not one of the inspection plugs was anywhere on the tranny, just empty holes.

Few opinions on what i should do? We had a minimum amount $$$ for doing this job. I have more hours into this car than what it should have took to complete! Hes goina come get his car incomplete and i feel i deserve money for my time but then again i didnt complete. What should i do bout this?

Well, I don't own or run a buisness as a mechanic, so don't take my word as scripture. I would do whatever was in my power to try and get that tranny off. If you absolutely can't, then I would at least charge a diagnostic fee.

I would also try what Ultimate CC suggested again. If it doesn't work, you may be SOL.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
Account Disabled

give me a call if you need, ill be around for atleast another hour...
Old Mar 27, 2007, 01:05 PM

I wouldn't doubt that the last guys used locktite on those bolts!!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Well something good did just happen! (unfortunately nothing bout the car) My bran new X-Box just came from Microsoft! My other one burned up 2 weeks ago. Yeah im 25 and i love gaming! lol

Thankx Ultimate CC. My girl is at walmart with the long distance phone. Ill call when she gets back. Thankx again everyone.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 01:28 PM
Account Disabled

yea just leave a message if you don't get me and ill call back as soon as possible...
Old Mar 27, 2007, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

If I remember when I did mine, we ended up wedging something against the fork because the TOB was just pushing it out of the way and not releasing when I pried against it. It took alot of pressure against both the TOB and the fork, but it finally came out. Just keep at it.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

TRANNY IS OUT!!!
I twisted as hard as i could then rotated the crank and twisted again! Now for the Transfer case! lol Thankx for everyones support!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice! Why did Mitsu have to design that collar to be such a *#@$%!?
Old Mar 27, 2007, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

TRANNY IS OUT!!!
I twisted as hard as i could then rotated the crank and twisted again! Now for the Transfer case! lol Thankx for everyones support!
o.k. this one confuses me......Do you mean you took off the tranny before you removed the xfer case???? When i do these, i pry the collar and have someone topside push back the fork and hit it with a rubber mallet. 20 in a row, no issues.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rraulston
o.k. this one confuses me......Do you mean you took off the tranny before you removed the xfer case???? [B]When i do these, i pry the collar and have someone topside push back the fork and hit it with a rubber mallet. 20 in a row, no issues.
pretty much what I had to do. My buddy was holding the fork hard while I was twisting it off. The only bad part was the black dust in my eyes....I had to put on my safety glasses to look up in the tranny.

Quick Reply: Tranny Wont Come Off!!