Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Oil Filter

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2003 | 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Zeus, as far as I can tell, unfortunately not. I've been trying to find one that's bigger than stock but no luck so far. The joke is that this size filter is actually an oversize for some 2.0L sentras compared to their OEM size. K&N is supposed to have the best flow (gpm), whereas the Bosch and M1 are more restrictive due to their tighter filtering ratings. The others I don't know of as yet. I'm buying 1 or 2 of each and cutting them open to check out the construction.

I would have thought that Mitsubishi would have spec'd something bigger for the Evo crowd, especially since a larger filter would add a bit to the sump capacity and give extra filtering area, but hey, what do customers know right?
Old Jun 10, 2003 | 10:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The nissan camp had a pureolator that was the same outside diameter but 2.5 times as long... good for over another half quart of oil and lots of filtering medium... thats something like what I was looking for.
Old Jun 10, 2003 | 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

I'm also looking for a top mounted bypass - something which upon arrival today, the Napa Gold 1356 has. The Wix should be identical since it's also made by Dana. It's supposed to have good flow from a few test results I've seen somewhere else. All the others I've bought still have a bottom mounted bypass which can wash gunk off the filter and into the engine

Last edited by diesel_fan; Jun 10, 2003 at 02:57 PM.