Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Is Buschur Racing's Modified Walbro a good way to go???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Buschur Racing's Modified Walbro a good way to go???

I just bought an AMS 2.3 liter Shortblock and also the AMS GT35R Turbo kit and I have heard that if your running around 35-36lbs of boost that you are right on the standard 255LPH Walbro's limit. I want to be safe and upgrade some fuel components and I saw Buschur's modified fuel pump that on the website says it can flow 50% more fuel at 100psi. But my question is will it be good enough to max this turbo out??? Does the modified pump have any work to the actual pump motor or just bigger fuel output nozzles??? If it just has bigger fuel output nozzles wouldnt it just be more volume and then your pressure wouldnt ammount to crap??? I want to upgrade fuel pumps but I dont think I need to go as far as the 1,000hp AMS kit since I'm just barely going to be above what the "safe zone" for the walbro is???

what does everyone do in my situation??? I've been searching but cant find a good answer.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Johnboy1065
I just bought an AMS 2.3 liter Shortblock and also the AMS GT35R Turbo kit and I have heard that if your running around 35-36lbs of boost that you are right on the standard 255LPH Walbro's limit. I want to be safe and upgrade some fuel components and I saw Buschur's modified fuel pump that on the website says it can flow 50% more fuel at 100psi. But my question is will it be good enough to max this turbo out??? Does the modified pump have any work to the actual pump motor or just bigger fuel output nozzles??? If it just has bigger fuel output nozzles wouldnt it just be more volume and then your pressure wouldnt ammount to crap??? I want to upgrade fuel pumps but I dont think I need to go as far as the 1,000hp AMS kit since I'm just barely going to be above what the "safe zone" for the walbro is???

what does everyone do in my situation??? I've been searching but cant find a good answer.
Do a twin intank setup with two walbro GSS342's you wont run out of gas for a hot miniute with that setup.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

With one of the Buschur pumps i made 40 more whp over the standard Walbro before my AEM said 99% duty
The standard Walbro----531whp dynojet #s for me
Buschurs pump ----571whp dynojet #s for me

Than i went with the Full Blown setup with no probs to date!
Old Apr 2, 2007, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
/\ at what boost was the power gain at?
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Why don't you call Buschur Racing and ask them if their high output single pump will supply enough fuel for your state of tune? And if not, then you can go with their staged double-pumper.