Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HOW MANY PEOPle OWN A EVO GREEN TURBO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dafoe69
Holy snikes, Rob at FP told me 2 week turn around on the conversion.
lol yeah i fed into that and look where im at,, everytime 2 weeks goes by he calls me and says its gana be another 2-3 weeks this is horrible but it shold be well worth it
Old Apr 4, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Where are the trap speeds. This turbo has been out and the tracks are open. I cant wait to see what it will do.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GHEvo8
lol yeah i fed into that and look where im at,, everytime 2 weeks goes by he calls me and says its gana be another 2-3 weeks this is horrible but it shold be well worth it
I'm almost at 2 months waiting as well.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
You guys that have been waiting 2 or more months...are you guys doing the core exchange? I sent in a turbo, and turnaround time was 1 month, from when they received it to when I got it at my door (they received it March 5th, I got it in my hands on March 27th).
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hova00
Where are the trap speeds. This turbo has been out and the tracks are open. I cant wait to see what it will do.
The tracks here in Ohio are not open yet. One has been on a weather permitting basis but the weather has not permitted as of yet.

We are suposed to get snow the next 3 days. F that!

Believe me, no one wants new track times than those of us still stuck with old man winter.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
You guys that have been waiting 2 or more months...are you guys doing the core exchange? I sent in a turbo, and turnaround time was 1 month, from when they received it to when I got it at my door (they received it March 5th, I got it in my hands on March 27th).
i believe its the core exchange, they basically told me to send in my stock turbo and they would use the hotside off it. then everything else was new. It would be an evo9 turbo with the green comprosor wheel ext.. i have no idea whats going on. Last time we spoke witch was last week Wed. they told me all there comprosor wheels were on back order and i should expect it at my door in three weeks. Im waiting to see if it happens
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fast Frank
Green here! picked up about 45 whp & 50 ft lbs over the 20-G
If a 20-G traps around 120 then maybe 124-125 traps w/ green?
Did an EMS to run on race gas w/ no problems

THATS what I'm talkin about. My speculation of dynojet numbers were dead on.

LOOK AT THAT TORQUE!

Fast Frank, what sort of ignition system are you running and also what boost did u make those numbers at. I assume 30psi.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

DLI & at least 30 lbs (pegs my 30 lb gauge HAHA)
Old Apr 4, 2007, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
To be honest, I dont think the Green on the average person's car is going to go 125mph. Dadriva it will, but he went 2mph faster on his 20G-9 than just about everyone Ive seen. Most old 20G guys were going 122mph on methanol, add about 40-50whp and I think 124 MAYBE 125mph is possible, however most of those guys had AEM too.

Im really hoping a setup like my car's which will be on HKS 272 and ECU-Flash will be able to hit the 124mph mark on methanol, that would REALLY make me happy. My car has always been freakishly fast so hopefully that trend will continue.

My car went 118mph on pump gas, 24psi on stock turbo. Will adding this turbo plus methanol with more boost = 6mph higher traps? I sure hope so. I want 124!

well i always take whatever numbers the buschur guys say, then take out 5-7% power and thats where everyone else will be lol gotta take out the B.S. factor lol

i think 124-5 will be doable on a normal car with the right mods...

obviously you have the right mods, i need 02 housing, ported header and licp, then my car will be complete... I think im gonna skip on the cams idea unless people are consistently picking up 2-3 mph with them like on the 8's. so im just looking for the next step without dropping 4k to go big..

cheers!
Old Apr 4, 2007, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
well i always take whatever numbers the buschur guys say, then take out 5-7% power and thats where everyone else will be lol gotta take out the B.S. factor lol

i think 124-5 will be doable on a normal car with the right mods...

obviously you have the right mods, i need 02 housing, ported header and licp, then my car will be complete... I think im gonna skip on the cams idea unless people are consistently picking up 2-3 mph with them like on the 8's. so im just looking for the next step without dropping 4k to go big..

cheers!
I just dont think the 124-125 will happen with most peoples cars thats all. If it is setup with COMPLETE FULL BOLT-ONs, a good tune, Im hoping 124mph is attinable. We will soon find out.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

I've got the EVO Green, and I couldn't be happier with it. An additional 7 lbs/min airflow capacity (as measured) with a negligible lag penalty (as measured), it's like ****in magic. I originally just bought the turbo to test it out, then sell it. But, it performed so well I kept the damn thing and will run it for the rest of the 07 season.

I'd be at the track this very minute if it wasn't raining. Friday looks clear but too damn cold. Next week. I'm sure the whole northeast is in a similar situation.

I also don't think 125 is going to happen for most people. It's possible for everyone, but there are many variables. I'm sure it will be reserved for the knowlegable/lucky few.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

I have purchased one by it not in my hands yet. does that count. I ordered mine last month.

Im running a 2.3 stroker so it should be interesting what numbers i get.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

The Green on a stroker is going to be ridiculous torque... ridiculous
Old Apr 4, 2007, 05:03 PM
Account Disabled

With every single possible mod and bolt-on an FP Green/2.3L combo will result in 600 foot pounds of torque on a Dynojet. Wow! That would be mind blowing.

Last edited by Vigo; Apr 4, 2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think that's going to happen lol. The torque is crazy! A local guy here put down like 370hp/410tq on a fully built 2.3 + AEM (BR Dyno)

Edit: Maybe it's possible with a car built/tuned like David's on a high reading dynojet. I believe he was getting pretty close to 500 on the BR dyno?

My butt dyno is calibrated by the BR dyno so my hp figures are always lower.

Last edited by justchil; Apr 4, 2007 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: HOW MANY PEOPle OWN A EVO GREEN TURBO