Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

has anyone try using Amsoil Synthetic Motor Oil ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anyone try using Amsoil Synthetic Motor Oil ?

sup guys just wondering if anyone try using asmoil Synthetic Motor Oil and tranny ...i got a good deal ..so i might buy it if its good , heard it was better then royal purple...heres the link if anyone wants some info..www.amsoil.com

Last edited by beyond1; Apr 6, 2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

I've been using Amsoil synthetic transmission fluid for about 15,000 miles and it has been working great for me. I tried Synchromesh for a while, but when it got real hot (track days) the shifts felt a little notchy. The amsoil works well in both the heat of summer and the cold of winter.

-Paul
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by PVD04
I've been using Amsoil synthetic transmission fluid for about 15,000 miles and it has been working great for me. I tried Synchromesh for a while, but when it got real hot (track days) the shifts felt a little notchy. The amsoil works well in both the heat of summer and the cold of winter.

-Paul
Did u ever tried the motor oil they got...i got a really good deal on a drum of oil ...
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:32 AM

Mitch at AMZ Performance recommends it over redline royal purple, etc. I used it in my 300zxTwinTurbo and it had nice results. Untill my warranty is up or I have a better income, I am going to stick with stock fluids though.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

I use their motor oils throughout all of my cars, past and present. On my commuters I run the extended drain intervals and do a used oil analysis. The oil has plenty of life after 10K+ miles with harder use. I just did a auto tranny fluid change over in a Nissan Altima and it seems to work great, other than that I have no experience on their tranny fluids.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 01:01 PM

thanks... it sounds good i guess i'll buy like 5 quarts just to start off ...
Old Apr 6, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I've been using it exclusively for over a year now. I should do an oil analysis just for my own curiosity.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Depending on my oil strategy for the Evo, I'll probably be switching over. I used to live in Arizona with really high summer heats and I would autox my STi. With Royal Purple and M1 I would consistenly see oil burning. I then switched to a 10W-40 Amsoil and autocrossed and took my oil change intervals to 5K miles and didn't measure any oil consumption. I took this as pretty impressive considering the STi's EJ257 is known to consume oil more than a lot of engines.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
we use AMSoil as a standard for all our motor oil. It works GREAT

Eric
Old Apr 6, 2007, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

To AMS, That is to say you use it in all your evo's, including the ones we droo... er...watch respectfully break records on this forum? If so, this is high praise indeed
Old Apr 6, 2007, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

I,ve never used it in my evo,s but i use Amsoil in my 63 dodge 440 trans and rear end. i,ve been using it for 10 years in that car and its been great. The car shifts smooth as butter and the trans and rear are silent as far as any out of the ordinary noise goes. Oh i foregot i also used the amsoil motor oil in my 92 sentra SE-R. If i ever use anything other than mobil one in my Evo it would be Amsoil.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

Originally Posted by PVD04

-Paul
+1

i have a buddy that sells it out of his garage. he has plenty of stock-he is a private retailer. i used their 75w-90 trans fluid and let me tell ya....NICE. no more notchyness-coming from stock fluid. MUCH better high rpm shifting. easily goes into 3-4 shifts...almost too easy. im gonna try their engine oil next. IT DONT BURN OFF the cylinder walls like the others...

check here...

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

this dude is an independant oil test fella. no ads here...
Old Apr 6, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

i have been using the tranny fluid for about 1.5 years now. i wouldnt use anything else. great shifting feel and its a gl-4
Old Apr 6, 2007, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

I have both tranny oil and engine oil. Really improved my shifting. I have been using it on my previous turbo car, VW GTI, for 60K. Never had an issue and the car ran great. Evo is getting the same treatment.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Have been using the engine oil for the last couple of oil changes and it has been great. No oil consumption at all and still looked pretty clean when I drained it. Probably the best oil I have tried. Also a buddy of mine has been using it in his subaru and has really liked it.

Quick Reply: has anyone try using Amsoil Synthetic Motor Oil ?