Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XTD clutch and flywheel? anyone use it yet?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2007, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XTD clutch and flywheel? anyone use it yet?

whats up all new evo 8 owner here and not a happy one!!! lol iv had this bone stock 2003 unmodified evo 8 for @ months now with 22k mile and no ****ing clutch left! wtf! lol and over 13 hours labor at my shop and $700. for clutch and flywheel. anyone use this ebay XTD clutch and flywheel need to know if its a decent set up. i hate to say this but i got rid of my mildly moded 04 sti and im allready thinking of going back lol help me out guys if you know what way i should go. i need to buy a clutch before tuesday! thanks guyz.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Umm, if you're going to skimp on something with Ebay parts, make sure it's not your clutch. Also, if the shop is worth its salt, it shouldn't take them 13 hours to change your clutch. Labor rates out here in LA are 5 to 600 for labor on a clutch install. Try an ACT clutch or RRE's No-Name clutch. They're the best bang for your buck ,and won't crap out on you.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i didnt know if XTD was a ****y clutch or not i can get a clutch master dual friction for the same price minus the flywheel as for the shop its my shop at the dealership i work labor is 80 bucks an hour and noone wants to touch my car lol. im a ford dealer and the book calls for 9 hours but i was going to give my guy 13 cus he really dont want to do it
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Atlantic Motorsports is in Maryland (the other AMS). I would check around on your regional forums to get feedback about who to take your car to. They'll have more experience. I think it would be a better option for you. Also, do a search on clutches, and see what you dig up.