Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Stock shortblock, stock head, new record numbers for the EVO Green turbo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 05:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Impressive. On a Dynojet it will read 495whp and 520 torque.

Last edited by Vigo; Apr 11, 2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
dadriva, you just won the prize, haha.

I sure hope you like the car, it's a beast. See you soon.

Also, bring your laptop with you when you come for the car.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Only issue is that the stock ecu still wont have the functions and exact control of the aem
I dont doubt that an AEM can make more power than the stock ECU at its current level of development in the aftermarket area, but its not from having "exact control" especially in relation to the factory computer. Its on the contrary actually. AEM knock setup is a joke compared to the stock ECU's routine which is obviously extremely conservative and at the present not adjustable. Power delta between the two is 1. getting rid of the stock maf in its stock location and 2. aforementioned knock control on the AEM which is user adjustable or even disabled with a single check box.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

damn on a mustang dyno as well, cant wait to get mine
Old Apr 11, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
a418, the AEM knock control is a joke? Dude, please leave the thread...........

I am so tired of stupid people.

Please one of you know-it-alls come to my shop and put me in my place as an ignorant back woods redneck who knows nothing. All you have to do it make more power than I can with the stock ECU compared to what I will make with the AEM or even a Power FC.

I love how I somehow am stupid enough to continue to argue with people who know nothing.............I must really be the dumb one.

Unless one of you take me up on my challenge and win, STFU and go away.

Thank you and have a nice day.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Whoa, that car looks like a lot of fun. This car would be great traffic light to traffic light.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frenchy4g63
Whoa, that car looks like a lot of fun. This car would be great traffic light to traffic light.
I haven't driven it yet but from looking at the graph, I totally agree with you.

I have not seen many other graphs that hit that hard that low in the RPM's.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 07:40 PM
Account Disabled

This turbo should be given an award. 500whp potential plus 20psi by 3500rpm equals perfect turbo in my opinion.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur

Please one of you know-it-alls come to my shop and put me in my place as an ignorant back woods redneck who knows nothing. All you have to do it make more power than I can with the stock ECU compared to what I will make with the AEM or even a Power FC.

I love how I somehow am stupid enough to continue to argue with people who know nothing.............I must really be the dumb one.

Dave,

I'm on your side on this one....I can only imagine what you must be feeling now..... with all the internet "experts" telling you stuff about the AEM

But till then, you keep on doing what you do best, keep on making the numbers and breaking the records and let the stupid people continue being stupid...

Hey by the way, I'm thinking of sending this in to get ported out .....
Old Apr 11, 2007, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with Dave and Al....I felt a huge gain with the aem and speed density. Track numbers to prove it soon!
Old Apr 11, 2007, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey Dave, thanks again for the testing results. I believe the Issue with the AEM is the sheer cost of the darn thing, plus the cost of tuning it. I have no doubt in my mind the AEM EMS is better then the stock ECU, but is it really 2K+++ better? It has also been explained to me that throttle response is somewhat compromised over the OEM MAF setup as well. There are a LOT of tuners advertising the fact that they can install and tune these things without issues, and NONE taking responsibility when then Motor blows and then they blame the customer for racing too hard or you made TOO much power . dave you also mentioned that the OEM ECU pulls too much timing, maybe there is a reason why it is doing it besides Phantom Knock.

One thing I know 100% for sure, the ratio of cars blowing up with the standalone is MUCH larger over the flashed cars. Venders just want to push this thing as it is a high cost item and is very popular they have to be able to tune it as well. IDK how many venders are now "tuners" and offer deals which I view as Russian Rulete with someone elses car. My buddy just had his Evo blow up last week from massive detonation with an AEM EMS. the WELL KNOWN Vender took no responsibility for building and tuning the car and completely blamed the driver, who only ran a 12.0 @ 120MPH with a GT35R and METH!!!!! The piston split in Two, that is detonation. All the tuner stated that he was making too much power, please.

I believe that it is the fault of the tuner and since I live in central NJ, you can GUESS who does the tuning around here.

Last edited by High_PSI; Apr 12, 2007 at 06:49 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

Way to be professional
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bit off-topic but... how is AEM's knock control?

I use Autronic but have some friends thinking of going with AEM.... what can I tell them about it's knock control for use with a built motor?
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Just using your ported manifold I'm guessing too right? Nice numbers!!!
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I think the EMS you choose is all about the tuner. One of the better performing stock turbo cars out here is Aby's (WOT) Evo with a TME and HKS cams put down 360+ whp on 91 pump using an AEM. Granted, he tunes race engines for a living, but he can tune the crap out of that thing. He almost had me scrambling to get a used AEM for my EvoGreen. Hell, at somepoint I may try an AEM with him tuning it just to see what the heck he can do. If he can get 360 out of a TME on 91, imagine what he could do with an EvoGreen

Bottom line, don't just find yourself a good tuner. Find yourself a brilliant tuner, and everything else will be gravy.

Quick Reply: Stock shortblock, stock head, new record numbers for the EVO Green turbo