Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Stock shortblock, stock head, new record numbers for the EVO Green turbo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blockhed79
Evolutionary my car made 333/305 pump at 24 psi and 369/391 at 29 pis and c16 at daves on a similar set up. On pump gas first day out the car went 12.08 at 116 on the first pass. I was dissapointed with the numbers also but thats life not all the cars can make record setting numbers.
Not too bad for straight pump gas.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Not too bad for straight pump gas.
I agree. For 333 whp (on the BR dyno) your MPH is right where it should be. However, the hp number for the mods is a bit dissapointing.

I imagine if Evolutionary would have run his car on c16 the mph's would have been in the 118-119 range.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Something else I missed. The comment about running the stock shortblock at XX hp levels and it being reliable....

My opinion at this point in time is the stock shortblock with a correct tune in it is good for 500 whp without any problems. Now, the catch is the RPM. The power does not seem to effect the engine what-so-ever, the RPM is what kills them. The higher the HP level the more you need to watch what you are trying to rev the engine to. I'd say at 500 whp on our dyno 8,000 rpm is pushing the high end of the RPM scale.

I can say without a doubt that 500 whp on our dyno has been done on the stock shortblock quite a few times at this point. Daily drivers that have had no problems at all. We just had a car in here we did rods/pistons in with about 50,0000 miles on it. The engine was gorgeous inside when we took it apart.

I have not had ONE single failure that can be linked to a HP level problem. I've seen rods break but feel it is more from RPM than anything else.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Something else I missed. The comment about running the stock shortblock at XX hp levels and it being reliable....

My opinion at this point in time is the stock shortblock with a correct tune in it is good for 500 whp without any problems. Now, the catch is the RPM. The power does not seem to effect the engine what-so-ever, the RPM is what kills them. The higher the HP level the more you need to watch what you are trying to rev the engine to. I'd say at 500 whp on our dyno 8,000 rpm is pushing the high end of the RPM scale.

I can say without a doubt that 500 whp on our dyno has been done on the stock shortblock quite a few times at this point. Daily drivers that have had no problems at all. We just had a car in here we did rods/pistons in with about 50,0000 miles on it. The engine was gorgeous inside when we took it apart.

I have not had ONE single failure that can be linked to a HP level problem. I've seen rods break but feel it is more from RPM than anything else.
score you my friend rock. you just made me win a 100$ bet with a friend about this. thank ill paypal you your share!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:31 AM
Former Sponsor

High_PSI,
I do accept your compliments. Thank you! I am very BLESSED to be where I am at.

As David said it just sounds like you have dealt with alot of crap and been told what other "t00n3rs" or Vendors thought would fix the issues that those who had standalones were having. A standalone is a very complex unit to understand and to be totally honest.... personally I think I understand about 3% of it. lol

I can assure you the issue about the ignition definately is not the fault of the standalone. It is flat out just the tune. My car last October made 505whp on our dyno with the only ignition upgrade being Ralliart plug wires as I said. At the race track I will rev it out to 8500rpm and its just as clean as it was at 2000rpm.

If you or any of your friends need anything (parts, tech advice, etc...) please feel free to give us a call here at the shop. I will be glad to take care of you and help you out!

Take care guys!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Wow, those are some great numbers! As I've been telling people this turbo is awesome and can make the big #'s!! It's kind of bitter sweet, though. Makes me even more disappointed in my car. Even after getting rid of all the other brands of parts that were on my car and spending alot of $$ to go all Buschur (except my AMS FMIC) mine only made 370WHP and 390TQ on your dyno on VP C-16.

Looks like Bobby and I have a very similar setup. Here is what was on my car:
BR intake
BR ported/coated exh. mani
BR 20G-LT
coated ebay 02 housing
BR 3" TBE w/cat delete
BR LICP
AMS FMIC
BR UICP
BR ported throttle body
BR ported stock intake manifold
BR COP ignition
BR 880 injectors
Revolver cams/springs/retainers
AEM EMS

Just to clarify, that's 60HP and 60FT# of TQ difference with the only parts difference is my Revolvers and AMS FMIC vs. his HKS cams and BR race FMIC. The Revolvers are supposed to make alot more than the 272's, and the BR Race FMIC is supposed to make more than the AMS standard FMIC, so it should about be a wash. . . but unfortunately for me it didn't turn out that way. Just wish we could have figured it out so I didn't have to scrap it and start from scratch to try to make the numbers I need . . .

EVOlutionary
thats scaring me i plan on doing revolvers with this turbo. maybe not so much now... =\
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

I personally think Revolvers suck. They seem to be completely inconsistent. Some people's car they make lots more power and others I swear it makes them slower. I believe this issue was brought up before when someone got them installed and made NO extra power. Just lost some IIRC.

Dadriva made the record numbers with 272s. No crazy cam.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
I personally think Revolvers suck. They seem to be completely inconsistent. Some people's car they make lots more power and others I swear it makes them slower. I believe this issue was brought up before when someone got them installed and made NO extra power. Just lost some IIRC.

i had installed the hks 264/272 and i make no diff also, same befor and after dyno.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

VERY True, but Dave seems to be able to pull out power with them consistently.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dadriva
I agree. For 333 whp (on the BR dyno) your MPH is right where it should be. However, the hp number for the mods is a bit dissapointing.

I imagine if Evolutionary would have run his car on c16 the mph's would have been in the 118-119 range.
All of my #s and times ARE on C16!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

maybe ill just stick with upgrading my gsc 272/272's to gsc s1's then.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:55 AM
Account Disabled

I just wanted to comment that I have gone 12.04 @ 112 in my 03 evo 8, with 280 cams, exhaust, a ported evo9 turbo (22-26psi) on pump with the factory computer, and no, the car is not on the ragged edge and is daily driven.

Heck I had a friends car with only buschurs cat back (stock downpipe and cat) go 12.81's at the track on pump (22psi) and a flash, same thing... not on the ragged edge.

If you want a fast car at the track and numbers, its all about the tune. Its too bad that so many tuners out there only work high load, and dont concentrate more on low to mid load regions and drivability (holds true for stock ecu's and Standalones).

Good Luck All!

Kyle Deiwert

Last edited by DeiPro; Apr 13, 2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KDeiwert
I just wanted to comment that I have gone 12.04 @ 112 in my 03 evo 8, with 280 cams, exhaust, a ported evo9 turbo (22-26psi) on pump with the factory computer, and no, the car is not on the ragged edge and is daily driven.

Heck I had a customer car with only buschurs cat back (stock downpipe and cat) go 12.81's at the track on pump (22psi) and a flash, same thing... not on the ragged edge.

If you want a fast car at the track and numbers, its all about the tune. Its too bad that so many tuners out there only work high load, and dont concentrate more on low to mid load regions and drivability (holds true for stock ecu's and Standalones).

Good Luck All!

Kyle Deiwert
humm not to hammer anyone, but for the mods on that car only 112 seems a bit on the slow side, also i know DynoFlash has flash a load of car, all of them a really running very fast, and i know many of them road race them, also daily drive and i have not seen any problem what so every. i my self have his tunning and i get 20-25mpg shiv thats wicked good.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
maybe ill just stick with upgrading my gsc 272/272's to gsc s1's then.
I'm also doing that ^
Old Apr 13, 2007, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BBYBruno
I'm also doing that ^
whats are gsc s1's

Quick Reply: Stock shortblock, stock head, new record numbers for the EVO Green turbo