Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Will the real Ebay 02 housing please Stand Up? (video)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fugiwara
Is SS autochrome the quality piece that used by Buschur?
You beat me to it.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

man o man
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the propaganda!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
You beat me to it.
There is actually a thread on here from about a month ago stating that someone ordered theirs from that company and looked like crap.

Throughout the thread, people were saying that they ordered from them as well, but there 02 housing looked way different. Luck of the draw.

Order the one from TTP. I have mine in my garage with the rest of my parts. Going on next week.

Jason
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Marlon, you're a star! LOL!

Al tuned my Evo yesterday down at The Shop, in Norwalk, CT (and also did my HKS cam install on the spot - you da man, bro!), with an SS Autochrome O2 housing on my Evo purchased off of eBay, and I made 352hp/351tq.

However, I will put a plug in for the Buschur version. I paid $60 for my O2 housing, and another $180 to have it coated. For $20 LESS, Buschur offers all that PLUS ports the part. If I'd realized how much coating it on my own would have cost me, I would have gone with the Buschur.

Thanks again to Al from Dynoflash, and Jim, Marlon, and the rest of the guys at The Shop. It was a great time, and leaving with 50-70 extra HP wasn't too bad, either!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
This thread is useless without showing the size of the wastegate hole. I love how you bash e-bay junk and push how you should buy the same ebay junk from bushur and pad his wallet some 130 bucks. I bought the ssautochrome housing for 50$ shipped. Then had it ceramic coated for 20$. Thats 130 cheaper than buschur price for the same part.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
This thread is useless without showing the size of the wastegate hole. I love how you bash e-bay junk and push how you should buy the same ebay junk from bushur and pad his wallet some 130 bucks. I bought the ssautochrome housing for 50$ shipped. Then had it ceramic coated for 20$. Thats 130 cheaper than buschur price for the same part.
+100000000000
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Here is likely the same housing they are bashing. Although the hole looks small it as big as any 38mm wastegate hole and IS NOT A PROBLEM. if you had boost creep you have an issue elsewhere.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:34 PM
Account Disabled

The hole was not shown clearly in the video (my error) maybe the customer can post a picture of it - it was less than 1" large
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:37 PM
Account Disabled

Here is likely the same housing they are bashing. Although the hole looks small it as big as any 38mm wastegate hole and IS NOT A PROBLEM. if you had boost creep you have an issue elsewhere.
Well Einstien, its great to hear your arm chair long distance diagnosis and opinion

Sadly, you sir are 100% incorrect

In our diagnostic path - the adjusted and re-adjusted the wasatgate arm length

We boost leak tested the car

And we changed out the MBC

After changing the 02 housing back to stock one we not only picked up power - but also the boost problem disapareared 100% with no other changes

Al
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:39 PM
Account Disabled

I have no idea which unit Buschur is using

However, I do know that the units he selected, tested and coated have worked with zero problems

Al
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

www.cxracing.com does actually come up as a website. They are selling a T3/T4 Turbo for $259.00....... Full intercooler kits for $300 (Pipes and Intercooler).

Take a look at the site, this place has to be a rip off!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I have no idea which unit Buschur is using

However, I do know that the units he selected, tested and coated have worked with zero problems

Al
I will bet you anything you are bashing the same one they sell.

The mechanical world is a strange place. I cant tell you how many times I come across a mechanical problem that doesn't make sense. This 02 housing problem you had is no different.

Let see the pic of the hole before you bash my armchair mechanics.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:51 PM
Account Disabled

I helped install the thing in the first place. I could barely get the tip of my finger into it. Trust me, it is much smaller than it should be. I am not biased in any way towards Bushur or Al, if anything I really don't like Al that much just from the couple of times I've talked to him and they way he portrays himself on this site. The O2 housing that went onto LJ's car was garbage and we had a feeling that it was going to have boost creep issues. I don't know if LJ took pics of it or not before we put it on. Here's a pic from right after we pulled all the stock stuff off.

Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:52 PM
Account Disabled

I will bet you anything you are bashing the same one they sell.

The mechanical world is a strange place. I cant tell you how many times I come across a mechanical problem that doesn't make sense. This 02 housing problem you had is no different.

Let see the pic of the hole before you bash my armchair mechanics.
I think after tuning more evos than perhaps anyone else in the US, I am able to diagnose boost problems. Certainly in this case, I am 1,000 % certain of the diagnosis

I have held and examined the o2 housing that Buschur sells many many times - its a hevey gauge and well welded unit

This unit the customer brought was very lightweight almost like tin and the welds sucked and the holes in the welds were patched up by the customer's friend

I did not take a picture of the hole - maybe the customer will - or perhaps you want to buy it from him ?

Quick Reply: Will the real Ebay 02 housing please Stand Up? (video)