Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Will the real Ebay 02 housing please Stand Up? (video)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you posted a picture from the beginning there will be less flaming acted upon you. Use some common sense, Al.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

AL, i gotta give it too you. Your so much of an wise *** that i have to appricate you sense of humor.... LoL " lets call The mother ****ers" Good luck with your car and the season!

i had a megan on my car for a while and never had an issue.

Last edited by Spooldyou; Apr 13, 2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor

this f-ing sucks, it really makes it hard for honest people like me to sell good things.. oh well great vid again al... but nothing will be beat the vette video...
Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by mixmastermatt
I helped install the thing in the first place. I could barely get the tip of my finger into it. Trust me, it is much smaller than it should be. I am not biased in any way towards Bushur or Al, if anything I really don't like Al that much just from the couple of times I've talked to him and they way he portrays himself on this site. The O2 housing that went onto LJ's car was garbage and we had a feeling that it was going to have boost creep issues. I don't know if LJ took pics of it or not before we put it on. Here's a pic from right after we pulled all the stock stuff off.

Sorry but without a picture of the whole this thread is still useless. Just makes Al look like an **** if you ask me. The housing in the video looks just like the one I posted a picture of. The only thing you cant see is this small hole you cant get your finger through. And if it really does have a small hole you didn't think to port it out before you put it on? Or even after you realized the problem? going back to stock and loosing out on 10whp doesn't make sense to me. Specially if it only takes ten mintues to hog out the hole.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Apr 13, 2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Al sounds like a Canadian New Yorker in that vid. Anyhow, thats another topic.

It appears that anytime you have that extra 3rd sheet of metal on the O2, its a giveaway that its the junk version. The problem is, I suspect that many sellers advertise pics of the 2 sheet version and ship the copycat 3 sheet version.

Buy from sellers with proven feedback ratings. Its an indication that they care what you think.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Actually after taking a second look at the video you can clearly see the size of the hole. IT IS PLENTY BIG. That 02 housing was not your boost leak problem. good stuff here.

here are pics of comparison to tial 40mm gate. keep in mind a 35mm gate will control the boost on a 35r setup.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Apr 13, 2007 at 06:04 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Last edited by bluebyu36; Apr 13, 2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
am I the only one that sees the propoganda clear as day in every one of these threads?
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all the cursing is great at work...

Posting Inappropriate Content = 10
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

we could of definitely not had to hear all the vulgarity. LOL
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:39 PM
Account Disabled

I dont sell any of these 02 housings

After seeing my customer ripped off with this POS immitation part I am posting a warning

I found humor in thew whole concept of these chinese companies copying each other and selling imitation ebay prodcuts

I feel really badly foir the customer

I am not here to argue with haters

Take what I posted for what its worth
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Why install a part that looked like "garbage" in the first place?
Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Call me hater if you want. I dont sell 02 housings either. I see no humer in you claiming an e-bay 02 is junk, when in the next sentance you are promoting its okay to buy the same housing from buschur for 130 more. Thats the bottom line here. This e-bay housing you bash is the same that burscher sells minus the ceramic coating. I think I have posted the pics to prove it. What do I have to do take video of buschurs actual housing at all the same angles?? The only difference between the different e-bay housings is some do not take the time to smooth out the one weld on the outside. On the inside they are the same. Some also place the 02 near the downpipe flange. Neither of these differences make a performance difference of any kind. Thickness of the material would have no bearing on performance if they were thinner materials being used. The housing I have here makes the exact same pitch ring when you snap it with your finger.

I feel bad for your customer too. He is the one who is trusting your eminent tuning knowledge and got screwed unknowingly. Then put on display for all to see the shame.

For those who are worrying they may buy the wrong 02 off e-bay, stop. They are all the same performance wise. The only way I will be proven wrong is for Al to post a side by side of the suppossedly two different e-bay housings and show us how small the hole is on the housing. What he will find is what I can already tell you is there is no difference in the hole size. I can clearly see in the video its the same housing buschur sells. At that point he will only have to admit he made a huge mistake.

If you want to challenge me Al please PM for may address and send me the housing. I will take pics of it next to a geniune buschur ebay special.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Keep ignoring the bad welds and the thinner material. Maybe it'll just go away. And those other people who have recently been buying eBay O2 housings where the O2 bung is positioned wrong, I'm sure they were just installing it upside down.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:45 PM
Former Vendor

or all those people that are making threads saying i just installed this peice and now i hear ticking noise... these peices were good in the start.. but if you want a good peice now, youre gonna have to search.. cause most of these new ones are junk... but then again we could argue over the size of the whole, or the fact that the welds are garbage.. nothing like buying something, and having to fix it..

Quick Reply: Will the real Ebay 02 housing please Stand Up? (video)