Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Will the real Ebay 02 housing please Stand Up? (video)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:59 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess the fact that when the customer's friend - who posted above - pulled the unit out of a box and then had to weld up holes in the joints - I guess that was a "error"

its all a "huge error"

I guess all those immitation HKS BOV's that dont work and the $300 copy chinese made turbos are all really great products also

Not to mention the videos they take of real movies in theaters and then mass produce for $1 each and sell all over the world, I guess its the same thing when you see someone get up and walk by the camera in the middle of the movie

Again - seriously - I am only posting this to warn people so they dont wind up doing a huge install for nothing

As the customer's friend above posted - when he was installing it he felt it was a no good unit also

two wasted days and a lot of time later now the car is running well with a stock 02 housing

Finally - this ebay 02 housing is not the same as the other ones I have seen which are much better quality

I have seen ones that are really great material and welds and which impressed me

This unit was not the same
Old Apr 14, 2007, 02:47 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for info.

What is your opinion on Helix O2 housing? I ask because I am considering getting one. Have you tuned a car with Helix O2 housing? Given the fact that EVO IX has TBE, what would be beneficial if stock O2 housing is replaced with aftermarket O2 housing from your tuning experience? Assuming everything else is stock such as turbo, intake, intercooler,..& piping...etc...

Thanks for your feedback in advance....
Old Apr 14, 2007, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I would have to disagree, as I usually do. If this POS that this guy bought was full of holes and had to be re-welded then it is definetely not the same unit we buy and re-sell. I have NEVER had one of the units we buy come in that wasn't perfect. The quality is pretty exceptional on the units we buy and coat, that's why we buy them.

Also, your $20 coating job, (94awdcoupe) is way cheap. So either you blew someone to get that price or I'd have to say the coating is sub quality. If you look at the post just a few before yours some other guy paid only $20 less buying his housing from Ebay and having it coated himself than what we charge. You are also a complete idiot to think we make $130 on that part. I've already layed it all out many times what we pay for it, how it is shipped three times between us getting it, coating it and then having it returned to us. The profit margin works out to us making right around 20%. It cracks me up that someone that makes some of the absolutely stupid remarks that you do, that other people are actually waiting for YOU to do testing on FMIC's. hahaha HILARIOUS.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have to agree with AL on this one, I have the Megan unit and have seen the crappy unit side by side. Like Al said, a copy of a copy. Chinese ripping off Chinese. I also know for a FACT that this piece is copy copy unit, it has additional welds where the Megan/SSAutochrome does not have. Watch the video again where Marlin holds it up and Al zooms in, under marlins thumb at PRECISELY
20-25 seconds you can see the additional welds right under Marlins thumb in the POS unit. It can bee seen once again at 1:09 in the video you see the additional welds in the unit where the Megan/SSAutochrom piece is one piece at that point.

It is a different piece, plain and simple, take a look and you will see.

The Megan unit works, the Buschur unit works, that's what I know.

Last edited by High_PSI; Apr 14, 2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Something else..........I buy these direct from a supplier now, not through Ebay. I buy these 10-20 pieces at a time. Even buying them in that quantity I cannot buy them for near $70, so I don't know what else is out there or the quality but it is quite obvious that either I am getting screwed or there is a difference as the ones we buy cost us over $80 each WITHOUT the shipping.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

What is the REAL difference (if any?) between the Invidia (that I just bought) the TTP, Buschur,Megan,SSAutochrome etc....
Old Apr 14, 2007, 04:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast Frank
What is the REAL difference (if any?) between the Invidia (that I just bought) the TTP, Buschur,Megan,SSAutochrome etc....
The invidia doesn't work... That's the difference.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 04:47 PM
Account Disabled

Yes - sadly the cast Invida unit - while it looks great and is made well - is just not designed well and it is worse than a stock o2 housing

The so called EBAY 02 housing is fabricated out of stainless plates and welded together - not a cast unit

The good unit is the one made of heavy gauge material and which has robotic quality welding

the crap one is the one of thin tin strips and welded by a slave laborer who prob makes $4 a month
Old Apr 14, 2007, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
I have to agree with AL on this one, I have the Megan unit and have seen the crappy unit side by side. Like Al said, a copy of a copy. Chinese ripping off Chinese. I also know for a FACT that this piece is copy copy unit, it has additional welds where the Megan/SSAutochrome does not have. Watch the video again where Marlin holds it up and Al zooms in, under marlins thumb at PRECISELY
20-25 seconds you can see the additional welds right under Marlins thumb in the POS unit. It can bee seen once again at 1:09 in the video you see the additional welds in the unit where the Megan/SSAutochrom piece is one piece at that point.

It is a different piece, plain and simple, take a look and you will see.

The Megan unit works, the Buschur unit works, that's what I know.
Not correct . Thats not another weld . They all have that weld. Some are just ground smooth on the outside to look pretty.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Sure looked like a weld to me, I am holding the Megan in my hands as we speak, sure looks like a weld to me.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Sure looked like a weld to me, I am holding the Megan in my hands as we speak, sure looks like a weld to me.
Dude seriously. for the last TIME the meagan and burshur have that same weld. Its just ground smooth so you dont see it. It looks like one pipe but it is not.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Dude seriously. for the last TIME the meagan and burshur have that same weld. Its just ground smooth so you dont see it. It looks like one pipe but it is not.

Lets try this again

Here is the Copy of a Copy unit in Al's Vid. What's that under his thumb?

Look under his thumb, yup, welds.

Look Again, closer... TELL me those aren't welds.

Now here is the Real Deal Holyfield Megan 02 housing.
Here I am holding EXACTLY as above, no welds

closer.....

ClOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

MOVE THE THUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND CLOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notice NO WELDS at that point where the metal actually bends, pieces welded until the bend is achieved like the Copy of a Copy above.

Megan Badge Ads 15WHP and 300 RPM's of spool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I can't wait!!!!!

Quality Checked sticker included!!!!!!!

Some inside pics.

Last edited by High_PSI; Apr 14, 2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

I cant beleive I have to do this. Here is the ssautochrome housing. Same as meagan same as buschur. They are 70 on e-bay. There are ebay fees so if you buy them direct they are cheaper. I paid 200 shipped for 4 of them. Notice meagan doesn't even bother to remove the QC sticker. haha.

Here is the underside.

Now here is the same housing with the welds highlighted with a marking pen.

And here is same housing with the 20$ ceramic coating. For a total savings of 130$ over the identical burshur product. dont know what the meagan piece costs but he just welds his plate on it. china dont care.

I love how dave is gets all pissed off when his business tactics get expossed. The best he can do is call me an idiot. Yeah 20% mark-up my azzz. Can you beleive the stupid **** I post? Dave cant. He just makes me want to become a vender and specialize in buschur knock off parts. God knows he deserves it.

And for arguements sake , since that is what we are doing here. The thickness of the metal would not alter HP. A leaky weld would not alter HP. A leaky weld would not cause boost creep. Leaks on the 02 would only reduce backpressure and make some noise doing it. Ground down welds dont make horsepower. Ground down welds dont reduce backpressure.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Apr 14, 2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, we ALL know the Megan Unit is the SSAUTOCHROME/Buschur unit, this is very true. I am saying that the Unit that AL had pulled off was a cheap ripoff of the Megan/Buschur/SSAUTOCHROME. The coating looks great, gotta find out where to do that

It looks like a piece is welded on the inside of the unit though.

And even if both units DO in fact have welds there to hold it together, why does it show vividly on AL's unit and not ours? I do infact believe it is a copy of a copy, and there are in fact POS units even worse then the Megan and the one above as well.

Last edited by High_PSI; Apr 14, 2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
I love how dave is gets all pissed off when his business tactics get expossed. The best he can do is call me an idiot. Yeah 20% mark-up my azzz. Can you beleive the stupid **** I post? Dave cant. He just makes me want to become a vender and specialize in buschur knock off parts. God knows he deserves it.

Seriously...any schmuck can buy the megan O2 housings for 80-90 bucks SHIPPED on Ebay all day long. I highly doubt someone would be paying the same price when buying in bulk AND direct.

Pulling the wool over idiot noobs' eyes FTL.

94WDcoupe FTW!

Quick Reply: Will the real Ebay 02 housing please Stand Up? (video)