Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Will the real Ebay 02 housing please Stand Up? (video)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2007, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off i would like to say that THIS IS A STUPID arguement, lol. Just wanted to get that out there. To be honest, im not here to vendor bash by anymeans. Everytime i have ever called BR to ask a simple question i get some completley smartarse response. Questions never get answered, and i wont buy from them. Maybe ive just hit the guys on a bad day, and more than likely it was and i kind of understand but in the retail industry you need to be as nice to customers as humanly possible. Vendors coming on here cusing at other people, al's videos all you hear is "bro" and ever other cuss word in the book say alot. Things like that should be taken in consideration when you think about who started this thread. Al, was a lawyer or something like that at one time if im not mistaken so he uses long drawn out big words to sound important, along with having nose sticking out davids mouth cause its up his *** so far. Along with that why does al insist everytime talking about how innovative they are, really no crap thought they made it so many years by buying ebay 02 housings and recoating them and selling then on the 20% mark up. Ive said it once and ill say it again, you buy on ebay expect to get crap(sure there are a couple things but as a whole). If you want a good product go to a vendor, a quality vendor. BR might not have been the nicest to me when i called but atleast they answer the phone, lol.

The 02 housings are close to the same and im sure that in this case it could have caused the boost creep problem, but d**m yall let it go. Al always promotes BR and always will and thats no problem let him. We all know he does it so why does everyone get pissed when he does?

P.s. Im really not trying to bash BR, al on the other hand i could a rats *** about.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

i agree on the whole phone call thing...with br racing..ive called a few times..and dont get any info from them...i recently called for the meth kit....spoke to jared..and he really couldnt tell me much about the meth kit....and they didnt have them instock..but nick is good to deal with.....so i called smc...and talked to steve...great guy.. he went over the whole kit and how it works...with me...so i went with them ..either way buschur gets their kits from smc anyways... and on the whole o2 housing's....ss autochrome first sent me a garbage one...then sent me my money back and didnt even ask for the o2 housing back...the second time around i went with a differnt company and got the right one....i guess its luck of the draw now adayz
Old Apr 23, 2007, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

I went with ezplus2003 for my O2 housing from ebay.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

me too...ezplus2003 was great...sent a nice edge o2 housing..and they forgot the donut....so i just reused my stockie it was in good shape.......and when i told them they forgot it...it was sent a day later...
Old Apr 23, 2007, 08:52 AM
Account Disabled

I dont care anymore - please buy what ever O2 housing you want

As I have said before - I dont sell ANY 02 housings - never sold a one

I have not really focused on selling parts to this point - all I have been doing is tuning the cars and this is how I have seen a wide range of both good and bad products that the customers have chosen and installed

It acutally has been very interesting to see who buys what kind of parts and what the customer's reasons are

I am becoming very tired of the negative and toxic tone of certain individuals on this forum - so I have found myself refraining from posting on many occassions as its really not worth my time to read all this garbage

Al
Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

I hate to do it, but I'll throw my 2 cents in.

First off, Al and I don't like each other... even a little bit. We've met, it didn't work out and ended in both of us super pissed and we'll probably never do business with each other again. (So you know i'm not a member of the fan club )

But I'll say I really don't think he came on here and posted this just to push Buschur products. Frankly that O2 housing looked like it was made from spare sheet metal out of a junkyard. The fact that someone had to do spot welds to fix holes says something about how badly it was put together.

Next, if some of you would actually do some searching there are a couple of very long threads about how the old "reliable" ebay vendors like SS Autochrome were no longer shipping the good o2 housing, but some horrendous piece of junk that looks like it was make by monkeys and didn't even FIT without bending AC lines. Which is usually a bad idea in and of itself.

Yes Al pimps BR products every chance he gets (by that I mean recommend them). But frankly, BR's stuff tends to work and be good quality and has a low incidence of problems and you can get them to fix stuff if there is.

So lets recap. Oh Joy, some of you got the CORRECT o2 housing from ebay. Lots of other's have gotten absolute crap from the same vendors you all say are wonderful. Its a crap shoot, and while its great it worked out for some of you it doesn't hold true 100% of the time. If you need the correct part and need it now, ebay isn't a good idea.

So everyone who ordered from SS Autowhatever off ebay a year ago and think its wonderful, things have changed. Get caught up current events. I'd recommend paying a little more to get the Megan just because your 99% likely to get the right one without the problems or slop.

Oh, I wanted to throw one last thing in. I've met Marlon, he's a stand-up kinda guy and if he thinks it's junk... It's junk.

As for the cursing in the vid, every mechanic in every shop I've been does the same thing. Especially when things aren't working the way they are supposed to. Why do you think most places feed you a line about insurance not letting you into the work area (that and they don't want you to know how badly they are screwing up haha)

Last edited by s2kguy; Apr 23, 2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:55 PM

My god..

This e-bay seller X02 RACING left me a negative feed back . He called me Devil .
I gave him negative feed back for ripping me off, then he decided to give me
negative feed back which i never deserve, i had all positive feed back on my record until now.. *ss hole.
Beware guys, do not buy from him. but if you want to buy from this guy, make sure
you leave him possitive feed back for selling you an 1 inch neck down 02 housing. Remember xo2 racing is the name and ripping people off is their game. I've lost $105.00 and got 1 negative feed back for making wrong choice on ebay..... By the way AL, Alaska street tune you gave me last year rocks! My evo still pulls like ****!!!

Last edited by min-kyu; Apr 24, 2007 at 03:17 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:28 PM

Last edited by min-kyu; Apr 23, 2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

this is great...al.. everyone loves al....he is the best he is wonderful he will make your d.ick..turn red... hahatru@!!!!........for me...i tried going with d flash...i left my home at 830 am to get to conneticut...and he didnt answer my phone call till never...he finally called me back at 1...am.. at that time i was at pruven performance to get dyno tune..for (250) that is....he finally calls me and says..hey! wher are you..i say..."you never told me where your is shop.. isnt it whats on the website"..he goes......""most of my customers know here i tune...you should have known"like i follow MR DYNO FLASH around!!!BOTTOM line was...i did a search online to find out where he tuned..and pruven came up......good thing it was 30 miles away from his adress....i went there.. on a day that they werent open...they had my car on the dyno for 5 hrs..and didnt charge me a dime more then what they initially told me...

from what i heard that day was..al is irresponisible and will make you wait hours to tune............i dont know if its true ..but it seemed that way ...that day!!

nothing agaisnt anyone im just telling you my experience...it could be differnt for anyone else...good luck tho........

Last edited by jezefink; Apr 24, 2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

sucks

Last edited by jezefink; Apr 24, 2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 01:08 AM

sorry to hear that jezefink.

I must admit Al was bit cocky on his last visit to Alaska,, ,but over all he is ok guy i think.
some have good experience with him some bad...........but that is him..

Last edited by min-kyu; Apr 24, 2007 at 03:05 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

lol I drove all the way across the state to be told that he couldnt tune my car at the time. After i called him twice just to make sure there was no cinflicts of anysort before i took off work and made plans. Luckely i have a bunch of freinds down at the beach so the weekend turned out okay after all.

Talking about the South of the Border tune he did a while back.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Irony is just too funny:
"BEWARE: Ebay now has Ebay knock-offs "

Good Info thou. From both camps.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 04:58 PM
Account Disabled

A tech update

Today we detrmined that it is possible to correct the crap copy 02 housing's tenancy to boost creep by simply using a die grinder to enlarge the hole between the two areas

On a seperate note - some of the members here really need to get a life - the guy sadly went to the wrong shop - ok so you decided to get a tune elsewhere and in the process lied to me when I called you and you said you were already on your way home. Sadly there was a mis-communication. (Out of all the hundreds of cars I have tuned in the past few years no one else has a problem finding me as I GIVE EVERYONE directions to www.thgeshopct.com). My mistake if you made it to the wrong place - so why don't you put up a picture of me and throw darts at it ? I refunded your deposist and that should be the end of it - sadly it seems that some people have issues. BTW - I started a thread about some other tech issues - maybe you should derail those discussions off topic as well about your showing up at the wrong shop.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 05:06 PM
Account Disabled

BTW - this thread has been superseded and updated by this new thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=266295