Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Machine Work Vs. No Machine Work On 9k Evo 9 Motor...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2007, 07:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Machine Work Vs. No Machine Work On 9k Evo 9 Motor...

So I blew the rods right out of my block 2 weeks ago due to impatience and I had to find a new motor. I did find one and its on the way to me now. It has about 9100 miles on it. I'm contemplating how to build it now and I'm really up in there of how to do it.

On one hand alot of people say that dropping pistons/rods in with a light hone should be no problem on a motor with such low mileage. The motor is already out of the car but this would require no change in bearings, no machine work, etc...

On the other hand some people to say to just bring it to a machine shop and have them go over it with a fine tooth comb, verifying everything is in the spec it should be.

I really cant decide on which way to do it. I have wiseco's, eagles, arp head studs, supertech valves, springs and retainers all on the way.

The motor is already out so thats making me lean more towards bringing it to the machine shop, i'd rather not bore it out though.

let me know what u guys think
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To it right the first time. Take it to the machine shop