Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

want your input on cosi cams ix cams

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
want your input on cosi cams ix cams

yes i have searched and searched and have not gotten all the answers i have been looking for.i want cams in the worst way but i am very skeptical still on which to go with. i really like the cosi's and they have shown some great results. i am looking for the most aggressive idle i can get lol.i am on the stock turbo with the mods in my sig.i dont DD my car so i want a set of aggressive cams and i hear the cosi's are more aggressive then the gsc s1's. i really want that lopey idle and want to really be able to tell i have a set of sick cams when you hear the car. i also hear you can give the cams a more stock like idle or more aggressive idle through tuning. but i would really appriciate some good info. as always thanks a lot guys for all your help and info!!!
Old Apr 18, 2007, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Just change your exhaust cam and be done with it. IMHO, I was looking at getting cams for my IX for a while and after consulting with many shops and people the hp to $$ is just not the same as on a VIII. My $.02
Old Apr 18, 2007, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

I just installed the Cosworth cams this week, and I'm impressed with them. They pull hard all the way, and once I get tuned this weekend I'm sure they're gonna shine even more. And if you're really looking for that lopey idle, you definitely get that with these cams.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Trade you evo 9 for an evo 8 and get some hks 280 or jun 272 and call it a day.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Doogie Howser
LMAO

that's funny!!!
Old Apr 18, 2007, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

please dont post in my thread with stupid answers like this..please tell me who would trade a IX for an VIII give me a break and post your stupid comments somewhere else. do you really think that is the info i am looking for? so people amaze me on there stupidity. thanks for the replys except for this stupid one.. but i want other opinions on how lopey the idle these cams are and like i said i heard the idle and stuff can be adjusted through tuning. thanks again guys.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's kinda hard to take you serious when you emphasize you want a "lopey idle", the idea of installing cams is for a power increase. Just my 2 cents, man. Good luck either way.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by antonio010
It's kinda hard to take you serious when you emphasize you want a "lopey idle", the idea of installing cams is for a power increase. Just my 2 cents, man. Good luck either way.
well obviously i want the most power possible. you are being just as stupid as the other retard. i want the power but also want an aggressive idle ok. is that ok with you? or is this your car? please refrain from stupid comments like this person made. some good info would be greatly appriciated. thanks guys. mods please warn these people on the stupid posts they as they are not helpful to me or anyone else. thanks you.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MRevolutionRed
please dont post in my thread with stupid answers like this..please tell me who would trade a IX for an VIII give me a break a...
1. Please use paragraphs.

2. My response was very serious to your stupid question, why do you want a loopey idle? Gimme a break, you get cams for HP not for the loopey idle.

3. I am not a noob, or some retard, but thanks for letting us how you feel.

Gsc is better suited for stock-like turbos, while cossie's are better for big turbo upgrades, and both cams can be tuned for a "loopey idle", just talk to your local tuner, but I don't know how seriously he'll answer your question.

I won't post in this OP's thread anymore, bump for answers.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 09:04 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by antonio010
I 100% agree

you start a thread stating the most important feature of the cams for you is a lopey idle...when the reality is when a car is tuned correctly the idle will not be lopey at all

power and reliability should be your biggest concerns

btw how come everyone that makes a dumb/weird request thread puts a bunch of symbols after their posts?

I guess they think people will overlook their stupidity and answer them because we all have mitsu pride hahahhaha

Last edited by chaotichoax; Apr 18, 2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

1. Please use paragraphs.

2. My response was very serious to your stupid question, why do you want a loopey idle? Gimme a break, you get cams for HP not for the loopey idle.

3. I am not a noob, or some retard, but thanks for letting us how you feel.

Gsc is better suited for stock-like turbos, while cossie's are better for big turbo upgrades, and both cams can be tuned for a "loopey idle", just talk to your local tuner, but I don't know how seriously he'll answer your question.

I won't post in this OP's thread anymore, bump for answers.
i really dont care if your a noob or not but you sure act like it. didnt i just state that i do want the most hp possible but i also want an aggressive lopey idle ok. is that ok with you? like jeez is this your car or mine? please dont post in my thread anymore as you are completly useless. i know both the gsc s1's and the cosi's give about the same power and whp results, so i would just like to know which ones give more of an aggressive and lopey idle. thanks again to the people that are willing to help me out with some good info.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
I 100% agree

you start a thread stating the most important feature of the cams for you is a lopey idle...when the reality is when a car is tuned correctly the idle will not be lopey at all

power and reliability should be your biggest concerns

btw how come everyone that makes a dumb/weird request thread puts a bunch of symbols after their posts?

I guess they think people will overlook their stupidity and answer them because we all have mitsu pride hahahhaha
why are you also being belligerent? i just want some info please. i am not trying to make a fighting thread. i just want the most hp but i love that lopey idle. whats the big deal guys? please cut me some slack. i just really like an aggressive idle, and what wrong with that. can someone help me out.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 09:13 PM
pao
Evolving Member

Pointless deviation

If you ask, you'll get everyones 2-cents. Deal with it properly or you might have to put on your flame suit until you get a good response. What I suggest is you keep what's good and filter out what's bad by ignoring such comments, easiest way to go.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

i didnt mean the MOST important thing is the lopey idle, i know the s1's and the cosi's give about the same whp and i just want to know which ones have more of an aggressive idle thats all. is that such a big deal?
Old Apr 18, 2007, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pao
If you ask, you'll get everyones 2-cents. Deal with it properly or you might have to put on your flame suit until you get a good response. What I suggest is you keep what's good and filter out what's bad by ignoring such comments, easiest way to go.
thank you an i am trying to ignore the usless comments, i just dont understand why people post in my thread with info that does not pertain to me or info i do not need. but to all those that are trying to help me and give me some good info i really appiciate it. thanks again.

-Jeff

Quick Reply: want your input on cosi cams ix cams