Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ANOTHER fully built Buschur Racing Evo being finished up. Watch out Cali!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2007, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Very nice. Where in Cali does this customer live? I'd love to get a test drive.
Originally Posted by MR. Birdie
Where is that guy located? I want a got damn ride! Making that much power on your dyno is some serious business!
I would like to know too. I even posted it on another forum and the guys are (KINDA) talking crap about it

Damn crap-talkers
Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Jarrod, nice job on the video. They are just so boring though, we need someway to make the dyno pull more eventful. It just accelerates and makes power, no popping, no flames, no smoke, just smooth and done...............)
Thanks!

Well....We could always leave a strap or 2 off on the next one and see what kind of excitement that brings.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

well... you guys always amaze me. that power curve is unreal. Im envious actually, cause i know my curve doesnt look like that...

You got PM dave.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

can't wait
Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The car is freaking fast. Weighed in at 3066 when I corner scaled/aligned it.

Owner stopped by today so we took it for a test drive. He was in a Formula 1 car this last weekend and said he thinks this will accelerate as quickly as that. He was shocked.

1st gear sideways and on the revlimiter at 9500 rpm, 2nd gear spun again and hit the revlimiter again. Finally lifted and couldn't stop commenting on the car. Dry roads, from a roll, no launching.

Car is silky smooth. I forgot the initial story on the car until him and I started talking about it today.

When he brought the car here it was really nice. Had an AMS 3082 turbo kit on it, 3" turbo back and some other stuff. Was tuned by XXXX in California with his famous XXXXX. I thought the car was stock. When we popped the hood on the trailer I asked him why he was doing the car over again as it looked good. He said, "Hold on a second and you will see." He started the car and it began belching black smoke out of the back and ran really really rough. He could barely unload it. I asked what was the deal and he said he had XXXX tune it. I said, "Why didn't you just take it back to him and have him tune it again?" He then said the car was back 3 times and he was told that with the amount of mods done to the car that was all the better it was going to run. He asked if it would run like that when he got it back and I laughed.

Today I got to prove it. Not sure if he is a member of EVOm but I'd love to see him stop in and comment in this thread if he is. To say he is impressed would be a slight understatement.

Hell, I am even impressed and this is the 4-5 car we've done like this one in the last two months.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

1st gear sideways and on the revlimiter at 9500 rpm, 2nd gear spun again and hit the revlimiter again. Finally lifted and couldn't stop commenting on the car. Dry roads, from a roll, no launching.
That sounds like fun lots of fun. Car looks great and put out awesome numbers!
Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Damn another nice car.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Was it switched over to speed density with the AEM? I didn't see a MAF. If it is speed density, I would put the stock air scoop thingy on to help direct some cooler air over to the intake If the MAF is at the filter, dunno how the air turbluence will effect it.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 06:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Was it switched over to speed density with the AEM? I didn't see a MAF. If it is speed density, I would put the stock air scoop thingy on to help direct some cooler air over to the intake If the MAF is at the filter, dunno how the air turbluence will effect it.
Yes it is a speed density setup.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor

One thing that was missed from the original post with modifications. This evo 8 MR now has a Bushwacker 5 speed transmission in it now. The customer as was posted earlier is just amazed with his car and loves it above all others that he owns. (Which is around, I believe he said 30 other cars. )
Old Apr 25, 2007, 02:16 PM

Since this car is goin' back to Cali; do you have any dyno numbers for 91 octane?
Old Apr 25, 2007, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, the car made 420 whp at 21 psi on the California 91 octane it was delivered here on.

The owner never plans to run 91 again in it so it was not a concernt for me to try and make more power. I just wanted an emergency tune for the car in case he HAD to put some 91 in it at some point.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, the car made 420 whp at 21 psi on the California 91 octane it was delivered here on.

The owner never plans to run 91 again in it so it was not a concernt for me to try and make more power. I just wanted an emergency tune for the car in case he HAD to put some 91 in it at some point.
That **** is gangsta. Just tune it for the customer for emergency used. That is customer service right there!

So how much does it cost for the whole package ? LOL
Old Apr 26, 2007, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Mr.Birdie, hard to tell on the internet but I senses some sarcasm. What I said about the tune on 91 not being a concern is not exactly what I meant. The car is completely tuned to run 91 octane, what I didn't do was try to run 25 psi on it and make absolutely as much power as possible on 91. He was not concerned with making power on 91 octane as a matter of fact he didn't even want a tune for it as the car will only see C16. I tuned the car on the 91 that was in it so he could have a map in an emergency if he had to put 91 octane in the car to get home from somewhere.

Hopefully that is more clear now. The 420 whp it made at low boost on 91 octane is atleast 450'ish on a Dynojet, not bad numbers.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

I cant wait for you guys to make this thread about my car

Only i think ill probably just stick with my 35R for now

actually come to think of it my builds going to be very similar to his, only on n evo 9

Last edited by Pure Playaer; Apr 26, 2007 at 06:58 AM.

Quick Reply: ANOTHER fully built Buschur Racing Evo being finished up. Watch out Cali!