Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Tial V-Band Housing Pics. (LARGE PICS)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike 99gsx
I'm not sure if the ladder is true.
Since when do Ladder's lie Mike?

I'm can not comment, since I do not know, on the testing that Tial has done with these Turbine housings. However there are a few vehicles out there running them with favorable results. We will have a few manifolds done and ready for testing shortly. One being dsmu4ia's car sporting a 35r with the pictures posted above, an extremely high horsepower EVO sporting a Gt42, and a couple EVO 35r kits that are going out to the appropriate people for some serious abuse and dyno testing.

Stay tuned
Old Jul 11, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I am in for testing the housings against what I have no Ron. The housings are beautiful, do they work and or outperform what is out there now? We will see.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor

You are the first "appropriate person" I had in mind.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I am in for testing the housings against what I have no Ron. The housings are beautiful, do they work and or outperform what is out there now? We will see.
we do have to keep in mind though they were not built to give performance gains, they were built for size and weight reduction
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Nice, thanks for the comliments, I've never been called "appropriate" before, usually inappropriate......
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

UH.............well the size and weight reduction is a great idea and the housings look great too but if the car looses HP with these housings then I think I'll take the size and weight penalty........Let's hope you guys accidently got the housing right then and it does make atleast the same power.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
UH.............well the size and weight reduction is a great idea and the housings look great too but if the car looses HP with these housings then I think I'll take the size and weight penalty........Let's hope you guys accidently got the housing right then and it does make atleast the same power.
refering more to no performance gains, as in equal to the cast piece, with added bonus of weight reduction (~30%) and smaller in size.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

I feel as long as they make similarly equal numbers/spool to their cast counterparts, they will definately be worth the small investment.

How can you argue with a BEAUTIFUL cast SS housing, vband connections for all sorts of tricky routing/fabrication of headers/downpipes, and a piece that's as light as a softball.

Any spool/power gains will be an added bonus.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DSMu4ia
I feel as long as they make similarly equal numbers/spool to their cast counterparts, they will definately be worth the small investment.

How can you argue with a BEAUTIFUL cast SS housing, vband connections for all sorts of tricky routing/fabrication of headers/downpipes, and a piece that's as light as a softball.

Any spool/power gains will be an added bonus.
Just to clarify, I wasn't looking for gains either in my criticisms. I'm all about the weight reduction as well as long as the performance numbers are on par with the current offerings.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:55 PM
Ron
Evolving Member

plus, stainless can withstand high temps better and won't be as likely to crack over time like some of the low-temp cast housings will.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Bump for any updates, as I would love to see some results on this.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Beautiful housing and manifold
Old Nov 30, 2007, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

I know its been a while, but I couldn't get the car done in time for the DSM shootout, or any other worthy events, so I got lazy on it. It's finally almost complete, and I'll be working on the tune shortly.

Hopefully dyno numbers aren't toooo far in the future. Not to mention the cold air might make them impressive.

All parts (header, turbo, downpipe, fmic, piping, catch-can, etc) are provided by www.ShearerFab.com

Header on the car, ceramic coated, fresh engine bay paint, and lots of powdercoated and polished goodies.

Old Nov 30, 2007, 05:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my compliments to your attention to detail.... and to rons mani

curious how it goes..

the lmp cars i drove used vband inlets/outlets/ etc... about 5 years ago.

cb
Old Nov 30, 2007, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as usual ron does some gorgeous manifold work.. Good luck with the setup. it is very very clean!!

Quick Reply: Tial V-Band Housing Pics. (LARGE PICS)