Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Things that just SHOULDN'T Happen

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2007, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
Should have gotten an AMS kit
That is like telling someone they should have taken the train when their plane crashes. They are both reliable modes of transportation but once in a while there is a fluke accident.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least your turbo still spins!!!!!!!
Old Apr 29, 2007, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The weld does not appear to be broken to me, isn't the crack you are talking about right next to the turbine housing? That looks like the crack to me. If that is the case it is NOT welded there, it is a one piece casting. If that is the case send us the turbine housing back and we will replace the turbine housing, I will get Robert at FP to warranty it for me. I should be able to send out a new housing the same day as we usually have them instock.

This is a complete freak, I have NEVER seen one of the housings fail like that.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The weld does not appear to be broken to me, isn't the crack you are talking about right next to the turbine housing? That looks like the crack to me. If that is the case it is NOT welded there, it is a one piece casting. If that is the case send us the turbine housing back and we will replace the turbine housing, I will get Robert at FP to warranty it for me. I should be able to send out a new housing the same day as we usually have them instock.

This is a complete freak, I have NEVER seen one of the housings fail like that.
Yes it is right next to the turbine housing, i thought it was a weld there. Since its not, im REALLY surprised that it cracked. I knew that FP would probably warranty the piece. If i send you guys the turbine housing can you send the new one back with the studs installed? I will try to contact Jarrod in the morning some time. Thank you for the response David.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 09:21 PM
Account Disabled

Hey, it happens to even the best of parts.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

See, so while this shouldn't happen, it is not "our" fault It is very odd that actual casting broke like that, that is a solid piece, so why it cracked is beyond what I can imagine. As I say, never seen a failure of the actual housing.

Yes, send it in, call Jarrod first, get an RA#, he can make a note on to install new studs and send new nuts/washer, just ask him to be sure to note it. I will check now to make sure we have a new one. Actually, if we do I will just send it out this morning.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

BTW, the welding comments in this thread crack me up. So we are all clear, this was NOT a weld that failed, it is the actual casting and I have never seen one of the castings fail, ever, before this.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

wow this is a freak occurance. crazy, but just like Buschur to give there great customer service. good stuff, this is part of the reason Buschur products are praised in the DSM world.

this is stright from the FP website

"To avoid a common problem with turbocharger exhaust housings, cracking, the FP30 turbine housing is investment cast in 310 stainless steel for high temperature strength and corrosion resistance. Test units in the field for almost two years showed no cracking or erosion. The FP30 turbine housing casting also offers a weight savings of almost 5 pounds over the OEM Mitsubishi 7cm^2 and 8cm^2 housings."

Last edited by deadbeatrec; Apr 30, 2007 at 06:09 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

As I thought it was a weld on the the turbine housing I did make it clear when i told Jarrod friday night that it wasn't one of the buschur welds that failed. I edited my original post to clear up what really happend. Thanks again for your help and insight David.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
BTW, the welding comments in this thread crack me up. So we are all clear, this was NOT a weld that failed, it is the actual casting and I have never seen one of the castings fail, ever, before this.
I'm as clear as the absence of (weld) penetration Cast will always have

In all seriousness sounds like a freak occurence. Also sounds like those involved are providing excellent customer service and response to the issue

Hopefully I was not misconstrued in that I was simply responding to how funny the comments sounded and had/have no opinion on the actual "substance of the matter" (or lack thereof)

Once again glad to see the issue is being resolved in a expeditious manner

Last edited by oldevodude; Apr 30, 2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Like I said, you can generally expect a stand up shop to stand behind the products they sell. Buschur does. Forced Performance does. Some others I could mention do to. That's why they're doing well.

Kudos to DB for this one, though, with a quick response for a customer who needs it.