Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How To: Make a High Priced Poorly Designed IC

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods what the hell just ahppened haha, did we post at the exact same time and break the interweb?

Yes, Zoe flow tested it with her after grilling farts, delta T was approx 22 degrees Celsius with 50 mph winds, and a light shower.

Zoe confirms this is the race core and guaranteed to get your car deep into the 4's.

Scorke
Old May 3, 2007, 02:46 PM

lmao
hay I have a pit names Zoe as well.
please post link to the plutonium please cuz im running a bit low.
Old May 3, 2007, 02:51 PM

lol, nice post scorke .
Old May 3, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badhabit90
yeah bro, cheap ebay's bro, i would never put an ebay part on my car, bro, better yet bro, lets make a video bro, hows about that bro?? better yet bro, lets get you an "ebay o2" bro and put it on bro. that makes MAD POWHAH BRO...
that made my day
Old May 3, 2007, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
scorke, your title still sucks Just kidding.

Nice job on the intercooler, looks pretty good.

One thing though..........of course, right? The welding you intend to do on the inlet/outlets, this is constructive so I am not jumping on you. Welding is not the best idea, it is also really not cheaper easier than bead rolling, well alteast not if you have the bead roller like we do.

Let me explain why it isn't as good as a bead roll.

Have you ever blown an i/c pipe off? If you can imagine what happens it goes like this. The clamp does not have enough pressure/friction to hold the coupling to the pipe it is on. So as the pressure builds it starts to push the coupling off the pipe, since it is sliding it more than likely has some seepage (leaking), so as the pipe pushes back towards your weld/bead roll what you hope for is when it hits it it then becomes tight enough that it can't blow off. By having an uneven surface for it to hit you run the risk of further increasing the leaking. With a nice smooth bead roll when the coupling/clamp works its way back that far it will actually seal itself against the bead rolled edge.

This is positive input, not busting your *****.

It will be hard to bead roll it now and the welding works. Just letting you know it is not ideal. Hell we've used pliers to bend the ends of pipes up before, they won't blow off but as I said, the seal isn't the best.

Nice job on your IC.
Old May 3, 2007, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by badhabit90
yeah bro, cheap ebay's bro, i would never put an ebay part on my car, bro, better yet bro, lets make a video bro, hows about that bro?? better yet bro, lets get you an "ebay o2" bro and put it on bro. that makes MAD POWHAH BRO...
Love the accurate impersonation
Old May 3, 2007, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

this thread, delivers.
Old May 3, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

LMFAO nice title!
hahah
Old May 3, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
scorke, your title still sucks Just kidding.

Nice job on your IC.
Sweeeeeeeeeeetness.

Appreciate your constructive criticism as always. In retrospect thinking about it that does make more sense, would you think a fat weld all the way around the circumference would be almost as good? If not I might just bend them up a bit and hairspray the **** out of them, I have some good t-bolt clamps in preparation for 30 er so psi.

Thank you for the words, thank you for being an hard *** and thank you for being a part of evom. Without you this place wouldnt be as A. Fast but mostly amusing

Scorke

I got a new sig quote now

Last edited by scorke; May 3, 2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old May 3, 2007, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Obviously I meant it in a friendly way, I will edit if it causes all hell but grown men can say hard mule and not be calling names?

Hope all of you have enjoyed the thread, Zoe has....

Scorke
Old May 3, 2007, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually beadrolling is pretty cheap. I did all my intercooler piping for 10.00 me using the beadroller myself. I was old it could be done for me for 30.00 bucks though. Just gotta find someone with a bead roller
Old May 4, 2007, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

here you go bro...a BADAS BEAD ROLLER BRO best on the market...

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=PRODUCT

Last edited by badhabit90; May 4, 2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old May 4, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
scorke, the welding is going to work. I am just saying why it isn't "ideal". Go ahead and weld it.

badhabit90, that is not the right kind of bead roller for what is trying to be done. We have a large bead roller like that but it is made for doing large flat panel of sheet aluminum or steel. The bead roller used for doing tubing is different. It is important that the bead roll remain very straight around the tubing.
Old May 4, 2007, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

I have used some wire from the mig and wrapped it arount the pipe. Then I just tacked it every half inch or so.
Old May 4, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

a weld is more inconsistant than a nice rolled bead would be, so there would be more of a chance for pressure to seap through the inconsistant weld. im sure u wont have any problem with it though. im concerned about the location of the outlets, they look too high for the piping to fit. have u test fitted them yet?

i cant wait to see some pics of the whole set up and some numbers man. i want some 93 octane numbers weather u like it or not.

ps, last time i had Zoe make anything for me, it turned out like shiot, literally!!! yes this is vendor bashing. haha

Last edited by deadbeatrec; May 4, 2007 at 07:51 AM.

Quick Reply: How To: Make a High Priced Poorly Designed IC