Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Engine Torque Damper Brand ?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2007, 03:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Weren't the brackets on the weapon r of a faulty design? I remember them failing when they came out. Maybe they redesigned their strut tower bracket.
Old May 5, 2007, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought the Stiffy and I worked very well. I then also purchased the whole set of the Powerflex mounts for for the SAME $$ as the Stiffy and installed them in a day. I run both now, but for the money, you CANNOT beat the mounts. Period.

Like everybody here is saying, do not waste the money on the dampener.
Old May 5, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how easy is it to install a motor mount??
Old May 6, 2007, 01:31 AM
Evolved Member

Well i had replaced the rear and front motors mounts to the hardest durameter and i couldn't keep change in my cup holder it was that bad, dont want that again !
Old May 6, 2007, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

is there any more than a 2 Piece bushing set for the 2006 EVO IX MR, maybe a 8 piece ?
Old May 6, 2007, 01:55 AM
Evolved Member

get powerflex motor mount inserts, and you shouldn't change just front and rear, that combo will make the car vibrate like crazy. you should do front lower, cam gear side and tranny mount. the idle in my car is almost like stock
Old May 6, 2007, 09:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ItalyIX
I bought the Stiffy and I worked very well. I then also purchased the whole set of the Powerflex mounts for for the SAME $$ as the Stiffy and installed them in a day. I run both now, but for the money, you CANNOT beat the mounts. Period.

Like everybody here is saying, do not waste the money on the dampener.
so you have all 4 motor mounts AND a stiffy?

and for those considering the motor mounts, the stiffy takes 15 minutes to install, 30 mins if you have two left hands. and it is just as easy to take off if you ever need to sell the car. then you can sell the stiffy for a good portion of what you paid for it.

the motor mounts take considerably longer to install (think a few hours if you have the undertray on). also, without a press, you must cut the stock mount out meaning there is no going back without buying a new one from the dealer. if your are lucky enough to have a press its not a big deal. otherwise expect more money paying someone to press the stock ones out for you.

also, replacing both front and rear mounts will mean an extreme amount of vibration. don't let some of these people fool you, it no longer becomes daily drivable, except to the most extreme of car guys who don't care about anything but performance. the stiffy is nice because you can simply remove the damper if you have a date and have a vibration free cabin, or if your going to the track, crank it as stiff as it will go and have your teeth vibrated out but enjoy seamless shifts.
Old May 6, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mixmastermatt
I have a solid front mount and the ingalls stiffy. With 280 cams, I get a good massage at idle.
LOL I can relate.

The stiffy is a good deal, you can have the stiff ness of new mounts (close enought) and then turn it down and still bare to use the car as a daily. the lowest setting is enought to get rid of the shakies from a start. no complaints
later
DJ

Last edited by Redlimit835; May 6, 2007 at 09:20 AM. Reason: forgot
Old May 6, 2007, 09:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Don't worry about the scare tactics. A stiffy and front powerflex motor mount work amazingly together. Seems as though the rear mount is the trouble maker