Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

2.5in IC piping

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007 | 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by The Senator
If I go with the Buschur air intake kit, will I still be able to use the Ram-air Intake Duct? If not, which air intake still allow the use of the ram-air duct? I know that the stock airbox will not work with aftermarket intercooler pipes. Hope someone can shed some light before I burn my wallet.
FYI, Nisei's pipe kit fits with the stock airbox. There's a bunch of info on their website on fitment, installation, etc.
http://www.nisei-evo.com/forum/viewf...f97f8f32ade13e
Old May 8, 2007 | 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Alright sounds good. Which kit would be the best bang for the buck to include the filter, MAF adapter, and mass air intake pipe? Please include links. Thanks.
ETS is a good choice, pm ETS Tom and he'll hook you up.
Old May 8, 2007 | 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

bang for the buck turbotrix got my 3 in intake and piping for 300 all custom made
Old May 9, 2007 | 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you very much for the link. After reading all that was there, I think I will go with the Nisei pipe kit. Especially since it uses the ram air duct, is 2.5 inch in diameter, and comes as a complete set. Almost every other pipe kit, its either the lower or upper, hardly every both together as a set.

Originally Posted by EVOSlayer
FYI, Nisei's pipe kit fits with the stock airbox. There's a bunch of info on their website on fitment, installation, etc.
http://www.nisei-evo.com/forum/viewf...f97f8f32ade13e
Old May 9, 2007 | 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

The AEM intake uses a heatsheild and re-uses the stock cold air duct.

The Nisei offerings are great too.

CJ
Old May 9, 2007 | 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks I'll look into AEM's intake. I know I will be wanting to replace the stock intake with one that uses the stock air duct.

Got a link for the 06 MR kit?

Originally Posted by iTune
The AEM intake uses a heatsheild and re-uses the stock cold air duct.

The Nisei offerings are great too.

CJ

Last edited by The Senator; May 9, 2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old May 9, 2007 | 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks I'll look into AEM's intake. I know I will be wanting to replace the stock intake with one that uses the stock air duct.
I am a huge defender of the stock intake box..... The IATs from the stock set-up are good and it does not heat soak very easiliy. It's a great set-up considering it's stock. The only intake i was interested in other than the stock box was a intake that used some sort of heatsheild and re-used the stock snorkel. The AEM did both of these and has a hard MAF pipe. After tuning the new intake, i'm very impressed with IATs. IT was the benefits of the hard, smooth MAF pipe and the benifits of the stock snorkel to keep IATs low.

I tested this intake with and without the heat sheild and snorkel, the difference was amazing in IATs and the resultant power. I would never put a open element filter on my EVO without using a heatsheild and snorkel.

CJ
Old May 9, 2007 | 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Finally some light! Thanks for your input and completely agree with what you are saying. And exactly the kind of set up I had in mind. I did not want to put an open air element intake and take away the benefits of the ram air snorkel. One question left. What is the model number of the AEM intake kit you are running and do you have a link so that I may get one? Thanks for your help again.

Originally Posted by iTune
I am a huge defender of the stock intake box..... The IATs from the stock set-up are good and it does not heat soak very easiliy. It's a great set-up considering it's stock. The only intake i was interested in other than the stock box was a intake that used some sort of heatsheild and re-used the stock snorkel. The AEM did both of these and has a hard MAF pipe. After tuning the new intake, i'm very impressed with IATs. IT was the benefits of the hard, smooth MAF pipe and the benifits of the stock snorkel to keep IATs low.

I tested this intake with and without the heat sheild and snorkel, the difference was amazing in IATs and the resultant power. I would never put a open element filter on my EVO without using a heatsheild and snorkel.

CJ