Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

GREEN 20G-LT Maxed out Record HP #'S

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2007, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
AMS tested the JUN272s against the HKS280s on the Green?
no not on a Green but still the same concept, they will still make more power than the HKS 280s. I'm not sure what turbo they tested it on maybe a 50 trim.
Old May 10, 2007, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheSwapShop
no not on a Green but still the same concept, they will still make more power than the HKS 280s. I'm not sure what turbo they tested it on maybe a 50 trim.
No not same concept. Every setup is different and the 50trim makes more power than a Green in most cases.
Old May 10, 2007, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The point is not to just put the most aggressive cams in your car; it's to correctly match the cams to your turbo/setup. I doubt a stock or stock-like turbo is going to take advantage of the JUN's.

Also, it definitely matters what turbo you're running, i.e. the Green generally does not pull as well up in higher rpms (7k+) as a 50trim or 35r, so it would need cams that are better suited to its powerband...

Soon2B, any updates on your car yet? new dyno #'s or traps? I hope you at least run the Green once on pump before you throw in the meth...
Old May 10, 2007, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Not yet. I had a bunch of problems at the dyno and ended up having to get taken off the dyno since my LICP completely blew off the car, before that the wrong meth nozzle was in, yada yada. I will have some traps hopefully soon. There is no pump map as of now, I have the car on meth at all times.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

There is no pump map as of now, I have the car on meth at all times.
Noooo!!! You gave yourself over to the dark side!
Old May 10, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
If you raise the idle a bit with the idle adjustment screw on top of the t-body you'll be fine.....

actually he just needs to dump the afc, get ecuflash and tune the car properly. he could then adjust his idle params effectively enough to make the car idle almost stock like and never have to worry with the stall issues anymore.

It is reccomended by most for some reason not to touch the screw on the throttle body, though I have done it in small amounts with no reprocussions.(adjust it too much and you will get a high idle MIL).
Old May 10, 2007, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Guys u all crack me up. U think that a turbo that is easily capable of making 450 whp will not see power gains from putting Jun 272s in the car over HKS 280s. U all must be on some good drugs. LMAO The turbo obviously flows enough to make more power on the Juns than the HKSs. Sure I wouldn't put the Juns on a stock turbo car but this is not a stock turbo car and it isn't running 19 psi either, it daily sees 25 psi on methanol and when I take it to the track next it will see 30+ psi so yes the Juns will pick the car up over the HKSs.
Old May 10, 2007, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Guys u all crack me up. U think that a turbo that is easily capable of making 450 whp will not see power gains from putting Jun 272s in the car over HKS 280s. U all must be on some good drugs. LMAO The turbo obviously flows enough to make more power on the Juns than the HKSs. Sure I wouldn't put the Juns on a stock turbo car but this is not a stock turbo car and it isn't running 19 psi either, it daily sees 25 psi on methanol and when I take it to the track next it will see 30+ psi so yes the Juns will pick the car up over the HKSs.

You do what you want, all Im saying is that its not going to add near 20whp. Id may add 10... but its 10whp worth $800+? I dont think it is.
Old May 10, 2007, 12:15 PM
PPI
Former Sponsor

The power band of the JUN 272's are considerably higher than any HKS cam. Have fun with them and your green turbo.
Old May 10, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Theswapshop,

In this case the other guys are smarter than you are. The Jun 272's DEFINETELY should not be used with a Green or stock turbo. They do not work nearly as well as MANY of the other cams out there on a small turbo.

The Jun 272's, Tomei 280's and our custom grind have no place being mixed with a small turbo. Does not work well. Those cams are for GT30 and larger turbos.
Old May 10, 2007, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Theswapshop,

In this case the other guys are smarter than you are. The Jun 272's DEFINETELY should not be used with a Green or stock turbo. They do not work nearly as well as MANY of the other cams out there on a small turbo.

The Jun 272's, Tomei 280's and our custom grind have no place being mixed with a small turbo. Does not work well. Those cams are for GT30 and larger turbos.
david, will ur cams work on a flash? or can they not be controled? just wondering
Old May 10, 2007, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Didn't Curt have Jun 272s in his car when he set the stock turbo record way back when? (Not that he's a practical example of what's to be expected with parts gains).
Old May 10, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

I am sure DB knows what he is talking about but as far as I know the highest HP green (almost 500bhp on pump gas) in the uk is running jun272 cams as well
Old May 10, 2007, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mike 99gsx
Didn't Curt have Jun 272s in his car when he set the stock turbo record way back when? (Not that he's a practical example of what's to be expected with parts gains).

You said it.

Dave Buschur himself just said. Isnt that enough?
Old May 10, 2007, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

You said it.

Dave Buschur himself just said. Isnt that enough?

Yeah and I'm not trying to start a flame war but I've been talking to my friends at AMS and they say that I'm better off getting rid of the 280s and going with something else because the 280's aren't the best thing on the market. They suggest Jun 272's I hope they know what they are talking about since they have one of the fastest Evos in the world. :rolleys:

Quick Reply: GREEN 20G-LT Maxed out Record HP #'S