Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forge MBC with TIAL EWG help

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2007, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forge MBC with TIAL EWG help

Ok. well i Did find some things when I searched, but nothing seemed like a direct answer. And when I did find one answer, I found another thing telling me it was wrong. So here what I need.

Im running an SC61 Setup, with a Tial Wastegate. Im also using the Forge Unos MBC. Of course, I'm not sure which route i need to take in order to Hook this up properly. Do I use both nipples on the TiAL? and which line on the MBC goes where?

As i said, the search just let me know there was a way to hook it up, but never told me exactly How. I checked out the Tialsport website as well, but the Diargram's got me a bit confused.

http://www.tialsport.com/documents/w..._wginstall.pdf

Anyone?
Old May 7, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Concerning a pressure reference for the boost controller, you want a positive pressure reference only.

The only place from which to source this will be from the outlet of the compressor cover of the turbo you are using. There will either be a reference on the turbo itself, or if there isn't, you should have on put on the intercooler pipe coming directly off of the turbo.

With a ball-and-spring type boost controller, you can only use the bottom reference on the wastegate. In order to use both wastegate ports, you need a bleed type boost controller.
Old May 7, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

yea there is an outlet on the compressor housing actually. so then i need the Side port on my Forge to go to this one, and then the bottom port on the forge goes to the Side port on the Tial wastgate?
Old May 7, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

The constant pressure source will go into the bottom port of the Unos.

The side port of the boost controller will then go to the bottom port on your wastegate leaving the upper wastegate port open.

If you want to use both ports on the wastegate, you will need to buy a bleed type boost controller and use the setup instructions provided by Tial.