Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forge MBC vs. remove stock pill and ecu controlled boost

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2007 | 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Did you get the Forge WGA with the red spring?
Old May 9, 2007 | 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

I just got it from AMS he was selling a new one in box. So I have whatever spring that comes with. Hmmm so many conflicting views.....oh and btw with the heatshield on I really don't see how anyone would see the actuator unless they were really looking for it.
Old May 9, 2007 | 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

I have only the manifold heatshield, as I did away with the lower heatshield, and on my car at least, the Forge WGA due to its polished aluminum finish, is noticeable if one is standing at the front of the engine bay.

Look, I just don´t see that if you´re gonna be running the stock boost control circuit, that it will make any measurable difference, in terms of turbo spoolup, transient response, and peak boost control, to switch from x-Brand of adjustable WGA to Y-Brand of adjustable WGA.
Old May 9, 2007 | 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Well does anyone have some boost data logging w/ stock pill and then some data after switching to Forge MBC??? I am interested to see what kind of difference in results there are.

I want the car to be reliable no matter what the weather...over here it can be raining and 60 degrees one day and 85 the next. We are at sea level over here. My car is completely stock.

The mods I have waiting to go one are:

Cone filter w/ box
ported/coated stock mani
SSAC o2 housing
HRS downpipe
Vishnu HFC
Greddy Ti
FORGE WGA
Walboro 255
Old May 9, 2007 | 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Have all your mods installed and then take it to Razorlab to have it tuned and the ECU-controlled boost modifications done. Then once it is dialed in where you like it, do some logs. If you are happy with your car's setup, then you can just leave it alone. You're done!

If however, you aren't totally happy, or if you still have some doubts and just want to try and totally optimize turbo spool-up, then purchase the MBC and remove the factory vacuum hose setup, all in one piece, so that at a later date you can easily reinstall it and plug off the BCS and the fitting on the intake hose, and install the boost controller. Set preload at 17# on your WGA, finish dialing in max boost with your boost controller and do some logging.

This way you'll be able to make direct comparisons and decide for yourself.