Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Well..... she finally went 10's!

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007 | 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats on getting into the 10's, I am sure you will get her into the 10's yourself

Michael
Old May 8, 2007 | 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SPIN2GST
Jarrod, it was good to see you yesterday....to bad we didn't have much time to hang out and shoot the sh@t. Keep hainging in there and with a little more seat time I guarntee you will be cutting those mid to low 10's. You definitly have the power for it!
Yeah man I didnt get a chance to talk to a few people yesterday that I wanted to. You, Tim and Bobby being a few of them.

We should all get together sometime and head to Dave & Busters or something. Leave the car stuff and headaches behind for a little while and just kick back and have a few cold ones and tear up some video games.
Old May 8, 2007 | 02:01 PM
Account Disabled

Jrod,

nice, caleb told me about it this morning...

nice axle lol

cb
Old May 8, 2007 | 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats JRod! I knew the car had it in it. Now if you remove YOUR kilt; I bet you can drop a 10.6 or lower. J/K
Begining of the season. Lots of time for correction. Nontheless an awesome ride!
Old May 8, 2007 | 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

LOl if you remember about a week ago i called ya Paul from Portland Oregon and was asking about the lv 5 dss axles and how you were keeping from breaking your stock axles. I was running the BFG drags also and went thru 2 sets of stockers!
I have a 3rd set of stockers if you need them just shoot me a pm. Ive got the lv 5 dss from Shep in now so all is good
Old May 8, 2007 | 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

this was on the 3065 right ? 2.0 litre
Old May 8, 2007 | 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

great times jarrod

dont worry about not being able to hit 10's w/ the car this time out...sounds like you just had a bad day and Im sure next time you will end up doing alot better.
Old May 8, 2007 | 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

good job on the build , its definitly haulin the mail. you will drive it there no doubt
Old May 9, 2007 | 06:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVOlunchbox
Congrats JRod! I knew the car had it in it. Now if you remove YOUR kilt; I bet you can drop a 10.6 or lower. J/K
Begining of the season. Lots of time for correction. Nontheless an awesome ride!
Thanks Nick! Yeah I just need to get REALLY used to the car before I go out and try to set my own records. After talking with some of the seasoned racers like David and Kevin I have came to the conclusion I need to calm down and cut myself some slack and take it all as it comes. I havent been drag racing a 500+whp manual car very long so I cant expect it to come overnight. It will all come in due time and then I can gloat for myself.

I know David didnt set records overnight and do all the things that he has accomplished in a matter of a couple months. I have the pleasure to work with and be friends with one of the best in the import scene so I should listen instead of being hard headed.
Old May 9, 2007 | 07:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ifarted2
LOl if you remember about a week ago i called ya Paul from Portland Oregon and was asking about the lv 5 dss axles and how you were keeping from breaking your stock axles. I was running the BFG drags also and went thru 2 sets of stockers!
I have a 3rd set of stockers if you need them just shoot me a pm. Ive got the lv 5 dss from Shep in now so all is good
LOL I do remember that.

I wish I would have known that. I just bought one from a guy on Ebay. I am going to shoot you a PM though. I might take those as another back up.

Originally Posted by Duby
this was on the 3065 right ? 2.0 litre
Yes sir!

Thanks for the kind words guys!
Old May 9, 2007 | 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

I looked over at you a few times and you looked pissed, I guess now I know why you were pissed

I passed you once... what happen, were just letting me win that 1 time

Congrats on the 10 sec pass, the car sounded sick, and looked amazing, I got some good pics if you want me to post them?
Old May 9, 2007 | 07:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwjeff
I looked over at you a few times and you looked pissed, I guess now I know why you were pissed

I passed you once... what happen, were just letting me win that 1 time

Congrats on the 10 sec pass, the car sounded sick, and looked amazing, I got some good pics if you want me to post them?
Yeah thats why. lol

Yeah the one pass we made together I just bogged it as the 2step wasnt high enough so I just drove it to the end of the track. I think it went 15.0 @ 35mph or something. LOL

Yeah man shoot them over to me id like to see them.

Take care Jeff and it was good seein you again!
Old May 9, 2007 | 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

well.. at least you KNOW you have a 10 sec car.... im sure you will get it down once you learn HOW to drive lol jp...
Old May 9, 2007 | 07:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
well.. at least you KNOW you have a 10 sec car.... im sure you will get it down once you learn HOW to drive lol jp...
Gee thanks buddy!
Old May 9, 2007 | 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Did you ever race your car when it was stock or near stock? If not you're exactly right.. you can't just jump into a 500whp monster and expect to be perfect You'll run better than 10.8 on your own.. I have faith in ya!

PS: I still haven't forgotten about wanting a ride in that thing

Quick Reply: Well..... she finally went 10's!