Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anyone consider (or using) a vaccum disribution block?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2007, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone consider (or using) a vaccum disribution block?

Theoritically speaking - If one wanted several souces of vaccum from the same unit, lets say FPR - would it make sense to use a vaccum distribution block to provide for vaccum/pressure

Is there any danger to using one other than a boost leak?

I have one laying around from my honda days and figured I coud use it perhaps!

Thanks
Old May 11, 2007, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally wouldnt not use it on my bolt on evo, unless maybe if I had an aftermarket intake manifold.
Old May 11, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

I am currently using one right now. It has been on the car for about a year now, and I love it. I get tons of, "What the hell is that thing" from people. Basically, I am using the Golden Eagle one, sitting on a custom plate in the "triangle" of the strut bar. I took the brake booster line out completely, and replaced it with some nice silicone hose. The only thing that you MUST DO if you replace the entire line is put a check valve in the line so that you don't boost into your brake booster. If you do you can/will lose all your braking ability, minus the parking brake. Trying to stop a 3300lb car boosting 22psi with the parking brake will not be fun.

I am running my boost controller, fuel pressure regulator, boost gage and BOV off of it. Eventually one port will go to a meth kit, and the other will go to a mobile **** pump so I can gain more girth as I drive. (Umm, Just kidding?)

The Weapon R one sucks, as unless they changed it, it only had four ports. THe golden eagle has 6, and I think it only ran me $45. I love it because I run a dedicated line to each vacuum operated device, hence, no *** looking T's in all my vacuum lines.

Believe me, my set-up looks pimp. I just wish I had a picture to post on here.

Last edited by tkklemann; May 11, 2007 at 10:17 AM. Reason: I kant sphell
Old May 11, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

T. Klemann - I have the GE one as well laying around from a setup off a honda I pulled

I didnt want to mess with the brake booster line - you have some kahunas, sir!Can you do a write-up with pics, perhaps? Did you re-use stock check valve? What size silicone hose did you use?

I was thinking about just replacing the input fitting with a smaller one and tapping off the FPR line?

Yes, my plan was to run everything off it as well (boost gauge, BOV, EBC, Wideband MAP etc)
Old May 11, 2007, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
I used to rock the GE one on my turbo Honda off the brake booster. That was only because my intake manifold didnt really have any vaccuum ports.
Old May 11, 2007, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Using the GE on my eclipse. Much cleaner than T'ing every line for a vac. source.
Old May 11, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIXMR
T. Klemann - I have the GE one as well laying around from a setup off a honda I pulled

I didnt want to mess with the brake booster line - you have some kahunas, sir!Can you do a write-up with pics, perhaps? Did you re-use stock check valve? What size silicone hose did you use?

I was thinking about just replacing the input fitting with a smaller one and tapping off the FPR line?

Yes, my plan was to run everything off it as well (boost gauge, BOV, EBC, Wideband MAP etc)

I used 3/8" silicone hose.

All I did for the check valve is I found a heafty psi rated brass check valve, 1/4" NPT male to 1/4" NPT male, and went to Home Depot and bought two 1/4" female NPT to 3/8" hose barbs and spliced it in between the vacuum block and booster. The check valve I ordered from McMaster Carr (Or Grainger) because I couldn't find something like it at Home Depot / Lowes. You might be able to have a Hydraulics store order something suitable for you.

Make sure you seal everything up with pipe sealant too.

I also run mine as a "through" set-up, so the openings on both sides of the vacuum block have a hose attached. GE recommends not to do this, and they said it's because they don't want people forgetting to put in a check valve. So, the ends of my block have AN fittings to hose barbs.

My set-up looks really cool because it's actually sitting in the "triangle" on a clear plexi-glass plate, tapped/drilled and secured in place. It looks really friggen cool, I really like the way mine turned out. Take your time and see if you can come up with a creative way to mount it.

The only thing is you better make sure it is after the vacuum block, and before the brake booster.

You should do it as you will find it really cleans up the engine bay, looks very cool, is very functional, and really keeps leaks to a minimum. (Trouble shooting is really easy too)
Old May 11, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Is the GE one designed to run from the brake booster? I am wondering if I cannot replace the inlet fitting with a smaller barb and run it off the FPR line?
Old May 11, 2007, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Also, I just remembered - Hondas have that check valve built into the line, don't they? I can find and post a pic. I wonder if the same valve can be used? I need to look at our setup again!
Old May 11, 2007, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

The really good thing about the GE one is two side ports. you can use it as a T from the booster.
Old May 11, 2007, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

I want to just use the one single port, really! I was hoping to just tap off something else other than the brake booster
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by tkklemann
I used 3/8" silicone hose.

All I did for the check valve is I found a heafty psi rated brass check valve, 1/4" NPT male to 1/4" NPT male, and went to Home Depot and bought two 1/4" female NPT to 3/8" hose barbs and spliced it in between the vacuum block and booster. The check valve I ordered from McMaster Carr (Or Grainger) because I couldn't find something like it at Home Depot / Lowes. You might be able to have a Hydraulics store order something suitable for you.

Make sure you seal everything up with pipe sealant too.

I also run mine as a "through" set-up, so the openings on both sides of the vacuum block have a hose attached. GE recommends not to do this, and they said it's because they don't want people forgetting to put in a check valve. So, the ends of my block have AN fittings to hose barbs.

My set-up looks really cool because it's actually sitting in the "triangle" on a clear plexi-glass plate, tapped/drilled and secured in place. It looks really friggen cool, I really like the way mine turned out. Take your time and see if you can come up with a creative way to mount it.

The only thing is you better make sure it is after the vacuum block, and before the brake booster.

You should do it as you will find it really cleans up the engine bay, looks very cool, is very functional, and really keeps leaks to a minimum. (Trouble shooting is really easy too)
Help!

I bought a Blox Racing vacuum block, looked at my oem brake booster line, and I do not feel any check valve in the line???
http://www.bloxracing.com/bloxshop/i...product_id=236
  1. Does anyone know if you can feel for the check valve in the evo 8 oem brake booster line to cut it out and put it in the new silicone line (If you can feel it in the line, the previous owner must have removed it)???
  2. I want to mount the line inline with the brake booster to the manifold.
  3. If I do not have a check valve in the line, what is the correct part number to order one and where would I order one from?
I have to order this 1/8" bspt to 1/8 npt adapter from here anyway:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#4092k11/=pgzgvm

Any help would be appreciated!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

I know this is a old post, but:
Does anyone know what brake booster valve to buy if you don't have the oem one?