Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FPRed turbo for Evo???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2008, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, must still be busy, hopefully working on a hta 37r, haha, but be awesome to see the red sometime this year.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

Well I'm not going to have the money for a turbo until later this year so I'm hoping for the Red. As much as I'd love to go buy a 35r I don't want to spend the cash. This FP Red almost sounds too promising to be true but I'll be waiting patiently.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

bump for any real red info
Old Jan 27, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

gimme some red news!! lol
i was looking into the green but you ppl are making it seem like the red is gonna be out soon.
also...i know the green turbo pretty good and where it stands but can some one with knowledge of the red explain it a little to me...as in what would it compare too and how it sits with other turbos?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248
gimme some red news!! lol
i was looking into the green but you ppl are making it seem like the red is gonna be out soon.
also...i know the green turbo pretty good and where it stands but can some one with knowledge of the red explain it a little to me...as in what would it compare too and how it sits with other turbos?
That's just the thing, it doesen't exist yet, or at least for any conclusive data. It's pretty hard to provide what you're asking for when nobody has seen on and it might not exist yet.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 02:04 AM
Evolving Member

Why doesn't ATP make a custom .78 Twinscroll housing for the EVO that bolts on to the stock manifold...

Using their GT30 Turbo's

They have already cast the .63 and .82 to bolt onto the stock Evo Manfold so it must be possible to do this for the .78 Twinscroll housing since the Manifold id twinscroll?

Sal
Old Jan 28, 2008, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Ok, I talked to FP last week and was told they are testing out wheels at this point. I could not get any info as to how big the wheels were, what housing they were using, nothing. I was told to call back in a month to get an update.

Hopefully, they use a IX housing so you can upgrade the Green and won't need to buy an entire new turbo.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

So i was emailing FP about the green and decided to ask if they where thinking about making a red for the evo...this is exaclty what i got back:

Its in the works but no estimated time yet. keep posted!

Thank you,

So...straight from FP...its in the making!
Old Feb 27, 2008, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

any more info on a Red??
Old Feb 27, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm just going out on a limb here, but chances are, as soon as there is any information available on this turbo, or it is in production, or for sale, it will probably be all over this board ASAP.

This thread is kind of like the kids in the back seat going "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now?" Similarly, you will definitely know once we are
Old Feb 27, 2008, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Those guys at FP must be drinking a lot of coffee and staying up late! First the green, then the HTA35, now the HTA3065, word of a HTA37, and now the Red?? I hope everyone gives them tons of credit! That's 5 more or less new turbos in under 2 years, if it takes extra time on the red, lets cut em some slack lol
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

i talked to someone at forced performance and the guy said it's already being made and should be ready in about 2 months, and that was about a month ago....he also said they're not sure if it's going to bolt up to the stock mani yet.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoRocksUrv8
i talked to someone at forced performance and the guy said it's already being made and should be ready in about 2 months, and that was about a month ago....he also said they're not sure if it's going to bolt up to the stock mani yet.
Im waiting for this
Dropped them a email yesterday asking them what was happening
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoPirate
Those guys at FP must be drinking a lot of coffee and staying up late! First the green, then the HTA35, now the HTA3065, word of a HTA37, and now the Red?? I hope everyone gives them tons of credit! That's 5 more or less new turbos in under 2 years, if it takes extra time on the red, lets cut em some slack lol
+1 People should give them a big thumbs up for what they are doing for the evo community... they are breaking new grounds

Quick Reply: FPRed turbo for Evo???