Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any1 having issues with Exedy clutch?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any1 having issues with Exedy clutch?

Does anyone have any issues with the Exedy Stage 2 clutch for the Evo? In first gear it shakes the car alot when i ease out of it, then it whines also. When i down shift it whines too. Anyone having similar issues on these clutches and is it supposed to do that?
Old May 16, 2007, 02:29 AM

so i take it nobody has any issues?
Old May 16, 2007, 02:43 AM
Evolving Member

did you resurface the flywheel?
Old May 16, 2007, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

if you are talkin about the single organic clutch...yes i had the same issue..although i had a brand new exedy flywheel/clutch/clutch lines...
it did this for the first 700miles...it took me alot of pedal adjustment...ultimately went away when i made the clutch engage as soon as you release the clutch pedal..then i was experiencing high rpm/quick shift gear lock out....it took some more adjusting until i found a spot where it doesnt vibrate/lock out...but the vibration went after a proper break in...you need the patience dont panic.

ps my friend also experienced the same thing with the ralliart stage 3 clutch...it also went after break in...

hope this helps...
good luck and keep us posted.

Respect
Moose
Old Jul 5, 2007, 08:25 PM

My car sometimes shakes violently with this clutch exaclty like you describe. If I give it enough gas I don't have this problem though. Also, I get the whine, but only in first gear.