Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Hallman MBC or Forge MBC

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2007, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hallman MBC or Forge MBC

Ok, I did search, and I know that there has been discussion on this, but I have only read about issues with the Forge MBC and not the Hallman. Can anybody tell me which is really the best one to install on a mostly stock Evo IX with a desired maximum boost of 21psi?

I have been told by a local shop that the Forge is better becuse it "clicks" into its settings, but I have also read of the issues with the Forge MBC. PLEASE HELP. Thanks
Old May 15, 2007, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

if your not gonna boost anymore than 21, then why bother getting one
Old May 15, 2007, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by PEARLEVOIXMR
Ok, I did search, and I know that there has been discussion on this, but I have only read about issues with the Forge MBC and not the Hallman. Can anybody tell me which is really the best one to install on a mostly stock Evo IX with a desired maximum boost of 21psi?

I have been told by a local shop that the Forge is better becuse it "clicks" into its settings, but I have also read of the issues with the Forge MBC. PLEASE HELP. Thanks

I have the Forge, my friend has the Hallman. love mine, he loves his. the only real difference is the forge clicks like you said so you know where to set your controler for high and low boost settings. but at 21 psi...thats stock level so they both should preform prety much the same. The only issue w/ the forge is that the spring can come off its prech inside, but it takes 2 sec to fix it and personally its never happened to me and im running 31 psi on the Forge, with the high boost spring. my .02
Old May 15, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ughhhh....You have already answered your own question...Not to mention at 21psi, you should just stick with the OEM ECU/BCS setup.
Old May 15, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Hallman FTW
Old May 15, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bvdawg13
if your not gonna boost anymore than 21, then why bother getting one
Desired Maximum boost doesn't mean that it will never be set any higher doesn't it? Man I hate advice that's basically no advice at all...
Old May 15, 2007, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by cij911
Ughhhh....You have already answered your own question...Not to mention at 21psi, you should just stick with the OEM ECU/BCS setup.
Why would I stick with stock if I'm the stock boost tapers down at higher RPMs and I'm looking to not taper as much as stock? Isn't the reason to install an an MBC so that you can not have the boost taper as much?
Old May 15, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rudager
Desired Maximum boost doesn't mean that it will never be set any higher doesn't it? Man I hate advice that's basically no advice at all...
desired maximum boost, yes it does mean that 21psi is the max he will be desiring to run, so no in his words he wont be boosting higher, plus the car is stock so you really dont wanna boost higher
Old May 15, 2007, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PEARLEVOIXMR
Why would I stick with stock if I'm the stock boost tapers down at higher RPMs and I'm looking to not taper as much as stock? Isn't the reason to install an an MBC so that you can not have the boost taper as much?
boost will always taper unless you get a stronger wastegate
Old May 15, 2007, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

desired maximum boost, yes it does mean that 21psi is the max he will be desiring to run, so no in his words he wont be boosting higher, plus the car is stock so you really dont wanna boost higher
Just because the car is stock doesn't mean future upgrades aren't on the horizon...that's all I'm saying
Old May 15, 2007, 10:33 AM

boost will always taper unless you get a stronger wastegate
But I'm going to get less taper and more overall boost with an MBC compared to stock, right?
Old May 15, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

no it wont help the taper and wat do u mean overall boost? 21psi is 21 psi....sure if u wanna run 25psi then a boost controller is wat u need
Old May 15, 2007, 10:42 AM

no it wont help the taper and wat do u mean overall boost? 21psi is 21 psi....sure if u wanna run 25psi then a boost controller is wat u need
So are you saying that I'm not going to see a difference in boost going from stock which peaks at 21psi to an MBC set at 21psi?
Old May 15, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

not at all..
Old May 15, 2007, 10:44 AM

Anyone else on Forge vs. Hallman

Quick Reply: Hallman MBC or Forge MBC