Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help! Cant get tranny in!

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2007, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Cant get tranny in!

So... I started doing my clutch install on my own. I followed the EvoMoto write up and everything came off pretty easy. I probably took like 3 hours to have the tranny on the ground. I installed the new clutch and flywheel and when I was began to lift the tranny on I was stuck. Ive been trying to align it in place and I just cant manage to do it. Is it the angle of the car? Do I need to lower or lift the engine? With out the lift, what is the best way to install it? What angle does the tranny need to be in, in order to go in easy? I know its alot of questions but Im just stuck! I would appreciate anyones help. I know theres is alot of guys out there that have decided to tackle this big job at home, So... any suggestions?
Old May 15, 2007, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Goodluck, thats the hardest part of the install, u need a few people...Just keep rotating and trying is the best I can tell you
Old May 15, 2007, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

best way we have found to do it is sit the trans on its face with the part that the axles goin into facing up... lift up and rotate in.....
Old May 15, 2007, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

I just finished mine tonight. Ive had mine apart for the last week. The lower you can get the engine to hang, the easier it is to line it up. It doesnt have to be rotated correctly to get in, just close. I used my factory jack to support and raise/lower the motor. Also, make sure the T-case isnt binding something up. I had my buddy get on the driver side wiggling the tranny once we got it close while I turned the crank, then it just fell in. Just look at the gaps all around it to make sure the angle is close. Once it gets in the clutch, youre golden.
Old May 16, 2007, 07:17 AM

Dang! Thanks alot for the advice fellas. Ima give it a try again this evening. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Once again, thanks!
Old May 16, 2007, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
To tell you the truth? I decided to pay my friend to do the clutch, because i got no lift and i knew that putting trans back is pain in the ***! well thats not the issue. I asked him how did you put the trans in so easy? He said he dropped entire front chasis down the clutch went in like a butter. Sure it is an extra work and few bolts, but really easy to align everything.