Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New lightweight parts and safety items on their way...

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2007, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Looks like I may be getting the first batch of them next week. Maybe. We will be getting our black car back next week!!
Old May 31, 2007, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any updates David?
Old Jun 1, 2007, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Rush

Any updates David?????
Can we pre-order? I have been looking for a lower motor mount solution and this would be perfect. Thanks,

Sigfrid
Old Jun 1, 2007, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Ill buy one! Let me know David when its ready
Old Jun 1, 2007, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

it look good
Old Jun 2, 2007, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

No updates. I am waiting right now for a call to pick up our black car and pick up the mounts. We then have to drop off another EVO for the other parts to be checked on a complete car. Two more parts coming, one more for weight reduction and one for safety that MANY guys are going to want.....
Old Jun 2, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

As far as weight savings, this is pretty much useless. I **** 6 lbs. But as far as another quality part from BR, im gonna have to say yes. Normally motor mounts cost around 200, if hes going this entire strengthend crossbrace for that, good call.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Can't wait to see the safety item!
Old Jun 2, 2007, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KartaRailed
As far as weight savings, this is pretty much useless. I **** 6 lbs. But as far as another quality part from BR, im gonna have to say yes. Normally motor mounts cost around 200, if hes going this entire strengthend crossbrace for that, good call.
Yes 6 pounds by its self will not be noticeable. But add this to all the other easy weight savings things you can do and that is alot of weight gone.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

If you can **** 6 pounds I suggest either going on a diet or seeking a doctor.

6 pounds doesn't sound like much, to most people, to me I like it. There isn't much else I can do to my personal car to drop weight unless I want to remove something that is going to effect it being a real EVO or a safe car to drive. Yes, I can cut the door beams out and take out the air bags, probably drop close to 75 pounds doing that.............I am not willing to because I feel it is not worth the loss is safety for myself or passengers. I could put some lightweight rotors/calipers on it and 15" wheels and slicks and loose over 100 pounds........I am not willing to do that because then it only will do one thing well, drag race and that is not all an EVO is good for.

I will take the 6 pounds here and 6 pounds there and sooner or later drop another 100 pounds as it all certainly adds up.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I will take the 6 pounds here and 6 pounds there and sooner or later drop another 100 pounds as it all certainly adds up.

eeeexxxxxxxxactly....

I thought sportbike owners were nuts buying super light bolts to shave off grams of weight...

Then I bought a sportbike.........

He he.... Now I understand this concept, it all adds up...
Old Jun 2, 2007, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

A few more things:

I would love to hear that it's made out of 4340 thick walled tubing, that would be nice. (Maybe min 0.120" or greater?)

Gussets on the Motor mount piece would be most deal, as I would think that the rocking back and fourth would eventually crack the welds where they joint. (Even 4340 being really good suff, the severe rocking back and forth would eventually cause anything to break.)

A tow bar, or at leas have it as an "add on option". It would be quite simple, a bent piece of 1/2" dia. rod would probably be sufficient, and only add 4 more roughly 1" long welds.

One last, make it out of anamandium? He he...

Last edited by tkklemann; Jun 2, 2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: .
Old Jun 2, 2007, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

The tow hook is useless on the car, I would not tow by it and I definetely won't tie a car down with it. If you seriously need to tow the car then it is more simple than wit the stock part in the car. Just wrap the strap around the bar, behind the upright for the motor mount and tow it.

The gussets are being added. The tubing is not .120 wall, it is chrome moly.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

The tow hook is useless on the car, I would not tow by it and I definetely won't tie a car down with it. If you seriously need to tow the car then it is more simple than wit the stock part in the car. Just wrap the strap around the bar, behind the upright for the motor mount and tow it.

Man hurry up David i need this for more clearance on my 42r O and im on a diet and lost about 6lbs last week so im on my way!
Old Jun 3, 2007, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

FYI, Chromoly is 4340....

Quick Reply: New lightweight parts and safety items on their way...