Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACT HDSS installed part II MORE PROBLEMS!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACT HDSS installed part II MORE PROBLEMS!!!

so here is the originaly story

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=271079

anyway i took the car to RRE they fixed the worst of it and sent me on my way i was happy...got home

noticed there is a slight slight leak from the ACD tank leaving small drops below the tank...no biggy i'll take it back to RRE and ask them to fix it. but lately i've been noticing when i first turn on my car...the starter just doesn't sound like it used to...like it kinda turns on but it keeps turning at the same time...i dont know if its related to the other problems i had...and also the thing thats pissing me off the most...when im driving and it seems like its louder when the car is cold but it sounds like a constant clicking noise....like an old bicycle spokes turning(if that makes any since) but its just like click click click click...really really quietly and the faster i go the faster it clicks...its easiest to hear when the cars out of gear coming to a stop but i know it didn't do that before it just sounds like somethings messed up.

basicaly i just feel like the guy who originaly did the work F**ked my up for good and its never going to be the same...if i have any problems in the drivetrain can i legaly go after him?

this is just so frustrating i put so much money into this damn car and work so hard to pay for it...it barely has 6k miles on it and it sounds like its on the brink of death.

i just hope i can bring it to RRE even though they're 3 weeks booked and hopefully they'll atleast look at it for me.

any help is appreciated
Old May 18, 2007, 02:05 AM
Evolving Member

I had the clicking sound as soon as i installed my ACT XTSS. The faster i went, the fast it clicked, the clicking is really loud. It stayed with me for almost 1,000 miles then the sound got much quieter but still there.

i hope it is not something serious.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:31 AM

I had those clicking noises after my Exedy Twin was installed. 100 miles later my transfercase started death whining. Replaced transfercase and the clicking was gone.
Old May 18, 2007, 10:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I had the clicking after awhile on my ACT HDSS. It was installed by RRE, so I know there was nothing wrong with the install. I thought it might be the TOB. THe clicking was very quiet, but certainly there. I don't really hear it anymore. I have also started putting Redline Heavyweight Shockproof in my TC after I saw how much metal was in the stock fluid last time I changed it. I have 50,000+ miles on my ACT, and everything still works fine.
Old May 18, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
I had the clicking after awhile on my ACT HDSS. It was installed by RRE, so I know there was nothing wrong with the install. I thought it might be the TOB. THe clicking was very quiet, but certainly there. I don't really hear it anymore. I have also started putting Redline Heavyweight Shockproof in my TC after I saw how much metal was in the stock fluid last time I changed it. I have 50,000+ miles on my ACT, and everything still works fine.
not to hijack the thread, but how long have you been using redline in ur t-case?
Old May 18, 2007, 01:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Approx. 15,000 miles. No problems. I was using the OEM fluid up until 38,000 miles with about 3 changes, and I didn't like the metal content in the fluid...so I changed.
Old May 19, 2007, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Bump....anyone else experience or hear of the clicking? I have about 400 miles so far on the clutch and its still there.....it does it in gear. In neuteral and it only changes based on the speed of the car.
Old May 21, 2007, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the hdss and xact flywheel installed recently and just passed 1000miles with it. I didn't hear any "cllicking" at all. I heard a couple of "pops" letting off too quickly when I slowly leave at the light, but I assumed it was just the clutch breaking in. Now the setup is smooth and better than it was with the stock clutch.

I'd suggest maybe taking it to another shop, unless your dealer is good. Hopefully things work out. Good luck!
Old May 21, 2007, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cedricredrs
Bump....anyone else experience or hear of the clicking? I have about 400 miles so far on the clutch and its still there.....it does it in gear. In neuteral and it only changes based on the speed of the car.
Then I would assume it has absolutely nothing to do with the clutch. If it were the clutch it would not be speed dependent. Get all 4 wheels off the ground and rotate each one individually until you track down the sound.