Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

what did you pay for your tcase upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2007, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what did you pay for your tcase upgrade?

looking into a new tcase..some questions

1.what was total cost?stg etc
2. shep?tre?etc
3.how does it work...do i send in my tcase for rebuild or do i just buy one from shep etc??

thanks let me know asap..thanks
Old May 19, 2007, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

If your old one is bad they cant repair it....So you will need to buy a new one...I just purchased stage 2 from Shep was like $3060.00 with shipping and Transfer case fluid...

If yours is not bad would be a third the price....

If whinning transfercase need new one....

One thing to keep in mind if your doing the TC might aswell do the transmission before it goes bad I did that was another $1750 with all the goodies I shipped shep tranny took month togo and get back......
Old May 19, 2007, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

i got a brand new stage 2 tcase from shep for 2.5k.
Old May 19, 2007, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Shep is the man, great customer service! Evertime I called with a question or looking for an update on my orders, he was never too busy to talk. Fast turn around on the T-case especially considering I live in Hawaii, about two and a half weeks.
I've heard nothing but great things about Jon at TRE and the one time I was able to get him on the phone, he was very easy to talk with and took a lot of time to go over some things with me, but it's very hard to get ahold of him.
Old May 19, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

well mines starting to whine...its only when i let off the gas...when im driving it has no whine only off the gas...not sure if thats when its suppose to whine or what..
Old May 19, 2007, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GT35REVO8
well mines starting to whine...its only when i let off the gas...when im driving it has no whine only off the gas...not sure if thats when its suppose to whine or what..
Its sounds like its going.......will only get worse and worse.......If is whinnig is already bad....So you would need a new one they cant repair...

John Shep will look at if you like just will cost you shipping to see if bad or not....you would have to ship it to him....I figured mine was bad so saved the 80 bucks.....SHep said he had 75 bad units sitting there already figured i would not make it 76.....

Mine went bad because the drain plug fell out with i knowing and drain all my fluid out SUCKED!
Old May 19, 2007, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats how it starts out. It will only get worse. If its already making noise its probably already too late and you need a new one.
Old May 19, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

mine is whining when i hit the gas , do i need a t-case? , just changed the fluids about 1k ago
Old May 19, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

whats the worst that could happen?could i pound it and the tcase just break?
Old May 19, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ct9aGsR
mine is whining when i hit the gas , do i need a t-case? , just changed the fluids about 1k ago
Some where on here is a thread with a guy who recoreded the infamous DEATH WHINE do a search for transfer case whinning or DEATHWHINE and look for that thread you can here exactly wht the sounds like....and if that is what you here your in for a costly repair and PITA install if you do it yourself...
Old May 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OtownEvo
Some where on here is a thread with a guy who recoreded the infamous DEATH WHINE do a search for transfer case whinning or DEATHWHINE and look for that thread you can here exactly wht the sounds like....and if that is what you here your in for a costly repair and PITA install if you do it yourself...
Yeah that was me who made that post. Search my threads and you will find it. Keep in mind mine started happening when I was above 60mph and only when I got on the gas. Once I let go of the gas it was fine. After a few months it would do it at lower speeds also and upon deceleration and acceleration.
Old May 19, 2007, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

whats the worst that could happen?could i pound it and the tcase just break?
If the gears to break, all four wheels can lock up and you may lose total control of the vehicle.
Old May 19, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

well thats not good now is it
Old May 19, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

With you mods and power level you will sooner than later especially if you stay on the boost. It sounds like its not that bad now. You can wait until it happens upon deceleration and low speeds. It will also eventually become really loud. Mine was actually vibrating my foot when i would step on the gas pedal at certain speeds and actually felt like it was going to tear itself apart. You probably don't want to wait as long as I did.
Old May 19, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rcheung
If the gears to break, all four wheels can lock up and you may lose total control of the vehicle.
lol...doesnt sound very fun

Quick Reply: what did you pay for your tcase upgrade?