Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO Drivetrain Warranty Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2007, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have that whining noise coming from my car they say it the transfer case and possibly the rear diff... but they denied warranty because of modifications exhaust, intake and a grounding kit.... i'm about to request mediation. has anyone won the mediation session so far
Old Sep 15, 2007, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

my 3rd gear grinds, i know it is the synchro so iam making my car stock and the dealer will replace it under my warranty, plus on my evo ix my stock clutch went out at 4600 miles??!! now my car has 14000 miles on it, clutch is in great shape.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bandilero
i have that whining noise coming from my car they say it the transfer case and possibly the rear diff... but they denied warranty because of modifications exhaust, intake and a grounding kit.... i'm about to request mediation. has anyone won the mediation session so far
I broke a shift fork in my tranny and they replaced it. Now my rear diff needs replacement. They said they are going to cover my rear-diff, but now my car is "red flagged" because they suspect it is being "abused" given it has had 2 "major" repairs within a short time period.

If something else breaks, how can they "prove" (or more importantly, how can I DISprove) that my car had been "abused?" If something else breaks and they deny coverage, I plan on going towards some sort of litigation, whether alternative dispute resolution or court.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 07:49 AM

**** thats nothing, i got my 05 evo brand new and with in the first 500 miles i noticed a slight grind shifting from 4th to 5th towards the top of 4th (full throttle) so i took it up to mitsu the fawking service manager said he'll drive it and see so i followed along and he would always shift the car as if im toteing around town, and told me "these evos have to be shifted the RIGHT way" so they denied it. then at 1500 miles i went back over there for the same problem and now i rode with a tech and he also felt the grinding, but once we got back to the dealership he told them that he didnt feel anything to the service manager right in front of me.

i swear to god i will never buy another MITSU****TY AGAIN.

THEY HAVE DENIED EVERY ISSUE IVE HAD.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 03:11 AM

so you buy a Mitsubishi and they claim 10 year 100,000 mile warranty, and leave you high and dry because simply they cannot afford warranty claims on a **** poor built car......