Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO Drivetrain Warranty Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2007, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO Drivetrain Warranty Issues

I am going to be taking Mitsubishi to court. I have had Clutch and Transmission problems and Mitsubishi is refusing to cover anything under warranty. Has anyone else experienced problems with their drive train and been denied warranty coverage? I would like to collect as much information as possible to show that Mitsubishi is denying coverage regardless of whether a car is modified or stock. If anyone has experienced any problems with your drivetrain and been denied coverage would you be willing to email me the details including the model and year of your car, the mileage that the problem occured and the reason the dealer gave you for denying coverage? I would appreciate any help. Email: TBDESERTEAGLE@NETZERO.NET

Last edited by DESERTEAGLE50; May 21, 2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old May 21, 2007, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Do you have a stock clutch?
Old May 21, 2007, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

I did have a stock clutch. My car only had 6300 when the throw out bearing bustied in two. Mitsubishi denied me warranty coverage and I had to have it replaced so I upgraded and now the 3rd gear is grinding. You know what that means. I have read the whole warranty manual and no where does it explain why my stock clutch would not be covered.
Old May 21, 2007, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Well, you're going to lose because you now have an aftermarket clutch. there's no way to prove your story now. You should have pursued this when your stock TOB messed up.
Old May 21, 2007, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Do you have any power mods? Do you have any aftermarket parts (eg: clutch) in your drivetrain? If yes then you will have a hard time ...
Old May 21, 2007, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

I did pursue it and I'm not backing down. I went to two dealerships and talked to Mitsubishi and was told each time my warranty was void and they weren't covering anything. I have all the stock parts, pictures and statements from the shop that did the work. The cluth was fine, the clip on the throw out bearing broke and the throw out bearing busted.
Old May 21, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

No nothing had been changed on the drive train.
Old May 21, 2007, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DESERTEAGLE50
I did pursue it and I'm not backing down. I went to two dealerships and talked to Mitsubishi and was told each time my warranty was void and they weren't covering anything. I have all the stock parts, pictures and statements from the shop that did the work. The cluth was fine, the clip on the throw out bearing broke and the throw out bearing busted.
same thing happend to me 2 times, 1 time they covered it (the car only had 300 miles on it) andthe car was stock and they told me even if i had after market parts on my car and it broke they still would have paid for it cause it would of had nothin to do with the aftermarket parts. 2 it broke again less than a week later this time i had to pay for the clutch kit and they paid for laybor.

ps. the say its from power shifting thats what the tried to pull on me
Old May 21, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

and i have a 06 ix
Old Jul 19, 2007, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Update

I am going to be taking Mitsubishi to court. I have had Clutch and Transmission problems and Mitsubishi is refusing to cover anything under warranty. Has anyone else experienced problems with their drive train and been denied warranty coverage? I would like to collect as much information as possible to show that Mitsubishi is denying coverage regardless of whether a car is modified or stock. If anyone has experienced any problems with your drivetrain and been denied coverage would you be willing to email me the details including the model and year of your car, the mileage that the problem occured and the reason the dealer gave you for denying coverage? I would appreciate any help. Email: TBDESERTEAGLE@NETZERO.NET
Since this post I filed a claim with Dispute Resolution Services. They arranged for a mediation with my local Mitsubishi dealer, a Regional Mitsubishi Rep, and an independent mediater. After listening to all the testimony they denied my claim. Two days later the Mitsubishi Regional Rep contacted me and stated that he felt the dealership had not handled the situation correctly. As a result he agreed to reimburse me the money I spent having a independant shop repair my car.

Old Jul 19, 2007, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

^^ You got lucky! Congrats...and way to stick with it.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 06:56 PM
Account Disabled

I got the same type of problem my throwout bearing is rattleing and its a matter of time before it goes out and my 4th gear is grinding. How expensive is it to replace the syncro because I can just upgrade my clutch and throw out bearing, I could care less about that but 4th gear grinding is my concern.

Could changing the fluids of the transmission help out with the grinding or make it go away? i got 16K miles on my 06 MR or its to late?

Last edited by 1NastyMR; Jul 19, 2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:37 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 1NastyMR
I got the same type of problem my throwout bearing is rattleing and its a matter of time before it goes out and my 4th gear is grinding. How expensive is it to replace the syncro because I can just upgrade my clutch and throw out bearing, I could care less about that but 4th gear grinding is my concern.

Could changing the fluids of the transmission help out with the grinding or make it go away? i got 16K miles on my 06 MR or its to late?
once it is grinding it is messed up if you have adjusted the clutch and it still does it its done but mostly once it is starts its done. to replace the synchros are expensive to replace the parts are cheap but labor gets pricey.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:39 PM
Account Disabled

well how do i know what exactly is wrong? and what has to be replaced?

4th gear grinds when u build boost shifting 3rd to 4th even low rpm and there is a random here and there grind when shifting high rpm 2nd to 3rd. Shifting slowly 3rd to 4th there is no grind only when you shift fast. What you think my problem could be?

Last edited by 1NastyMR; Jul 19, 2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since this post I filed a claim with Dispute Resolution Services. They arranged for a mediation with my local Mitsubishi dealer, a Regional Mitsubishi Rep, and an independent mediater. After listening to all the testimony they denied my claim. Two days later the Mitsubishi Regional Rep contacted me and stated that he felt the dealership had not handled the situation correctly. As a result he agreed to reimburse me the money I spent having a independant shop repair my car.

Congratz Todd

Quick Reply: EVO Drivetrain Warranty Issues