Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forced Performance Turbo

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forced Performance Turbo

I've have been looking at lots of different options lately and mainly I want an extremely responsive turbo for my evo 8 but I still want to put down some solid power numbers. I dont really race 1/4 mile that often but I really enjoy autocross.
I am thinking I will prob get this turbo from forced performance...
does anyone have any experience with it?
also if anyone has any other turbo they would like to recommend I'm all ears I have also thought about a 16g or a gt40.

here is the forced performance one:
http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...e=Lancer-Turbo

Edit: I know this is a fairly common turbo but everything I found when I searched just talked about the dyno numbers.. I was hoping to hear a little more about its drivability and how it was for autocross.

Last edited by ShtrMcGavin; May 22, 2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old May 22, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man there are too many threads stating that the turbo spools like stock so therefore the driveability is like stock + 40 - 60 hp extra and more topend kill, which normally is a good indicator that it is a great autocross turbo. GT40 will definetly not get you good autocross numbers, but if you gonna run the texas mile then have at it.
Old May 22, 2007, 10:35 AM
JTB
Evolved Member

This turbo does not spool like stock. It has more lag... but not much.
If you have an Evo VIII then you already have a 16G

Be prepared to do injectors if you do this turbo.

It is a great road racing turbo and I have been very happy with it as a daily driver.
Old May 22, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ShtrMcGavin
have also thought about a 16g or a gt40.

Huh? A 16G is stock... and a GT40 is a 700whp turbo...
Old May 22, 2007, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

What a rediculous thread; this has the be a joke.

TONS of people run the FP-green, and you will have no problem finding all the information you need by running a quick search... It would be perfect for auto-x as it pretty much out-paces the 50-trim and gt30r at their own game; of which would have been your choices before its' inception.

Your stock Evo already has a big 16g, you can't do any better; And i have NO IDEA how the gt40r got thrown into this, that is one of the laggiest, most powerful turbos out there, it would be horrible for auto-x... Plus the gt40r has been proven to not like the Evo platform much, most people go straight from gt37r to the gt42r.

You have a lot of time to spend on this here forum, i suggest you quit creating pointless threads and get to it.
Old May 22, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

I put down 430/403 on a dynojet on the fp green 28 psi/meth
first run was a 396/364 92 oct and 23 psi.
Old May 22, 2007, 10:47 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Dude this turbo might be too much, might wanna consider switching your car over to N/A otherwise you'll have too much turbo lag!

Seriously though look around here, there's several people running that turbo, it basically ownzzz all else...or something
Old May 22, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
What a rediculous thread; this has the be a joke.

TONS of people run the FP-green, and you will have no problem finding all the information you need by running a quick search... It would be perfect for auto-x as it pretty much out-paces the 50-trim and gt30r at their own game; of which would have been your choices before its' inception.

Your stock Evo already has a big 16g, you can't do any better; And i have NO IDEA how the gt40r got thrown into this, that is one of the laggiest, most powerful turbos out there, it would be horrible for auto-x... Plus the gt40r has been proven to not like the Evo platform much, most people go straight from gt37r to the gt42r.

You have a lot of time to spend on this here forum, i suggest you quit creating pointless threads and get to it.
My bad I should have been more specific the 16g I was referring to is a big 16g that someone is selling locally that was sent to forced performance which is being sold pretty cheap(sold the car). and the gt40 was recommended to me by someone else but I think they may have meant the 30r
Old May 22, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ShtrMcGavin
My bad I should have been more specific the 16g I was referring to is a big 16g that someone is selling locally that was sent to forced performance which is being sold pretty cheap(sold the car). and the gt40 was recommended to me by someone else but I think they may have meant the 30r

The stock turbo is a "big 16G." I think you better do some reading and research, youre mixing things up really bad and you sound like you have no clue about what you are referring to.
Old May 22, 2007, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

please tell me this thread is a joke, afterall this guy has 200+ posts....
Old May 22, 2007, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JTB
This turbo does not spool like stock. It has more lag... but not much.
If you have an Evo VIII then you already have a 16G

Be prepared to do injectors if you do this turbo.

It is a great road racing turbo and I have been very happy with it as a daily driver.
No **** it has more lag, but it spools like stock, I didnt say identical to stock or just like stock. Here ya go right off the forced performance website homeboy

This turbo is externally the same as a stock EVO9 turbo, it uses the larger diameter EVO9 compressor housing and bearing housing found in the 2006 models. It uses our 700cfm 69-5 billet compressor wheel and our enlarged 11 blade turbine wheel. This combination of increased compressor and turbine flow results in a very broad powerband and stock like boost response while still being capable of well over 400whp.
Old May 22, 2007, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dr. SS
please tell me this thread is a joke, afterall this guy has 200+ posts....
True I have over 200 posts but I wish it showed when the last time I posted was.. up until last summer I was on here all the time learning and much as I could about my car and modifying it. then back in august I had a very unexpected financial crisis so my car became just a mode of transportation that I couldnt afford to have anything go wrong with so I just stayed off the forums because it would just get me depressed that i couldnt buy anything.. finally I have paid off my previous expenses and found a new job so I can get back into it.. So after about 9 months of not thinking about my car at all is the reason my memory for every part for the car isnt as sharp as it once was
Old May 22, 2007, 12:12 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
No **** it has more lag, but it spools like stock, I didnt say identical to stock or just like stock. Here ya go right off the forced performance website homeboy

This turbo is externally the same as a stock EVO9 turbo, it uses the larger diameter EVO9 compressor housing and bearing housing found in the 2006 models. It uses our 700cfm 69-5 billet compressor wheel and our enlarged 11 blade turbine wheel. This combination of increased compressor and turbine flow results in a very broad powerband and stock like boost response while still being capable of well over 400whp.
I actually have this turbo so I don't need to derive my information from the FP site. It spools slower than the VIII turbo. Since the OP has an VIII and you say it spools like stock this implies that it spools like an VIII turbo which is completely incorrect.
Old May 22, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
^^^ What he said. My VIII turbo kicked in like a sledgehammer.
There is approx. 900rpm difference on my dyno sheets where the VIII and the green hit peak TQ; the green being slower of course.

Now I do admit that we found a horribly leaky BOV after that and corrected it, and the green does come in quicker, but still not like my VIII.

To the OP, if you want to autocross, then fast response is going to be more important than overall HP. Getting off the apex is everthing in autocross.
You'd be better off looking for a TME or similar.

Last edited by mikesevo8; May 22, 2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old May 22, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

I've got FP's White Rabbit, which is from my understanding a stock 05 Evo 16g with the 10.5 hotside that has been ported and has lighter internals. It spools very quick and seems to make good power acoording to the butt dyno. Not sure if this helps.

Quick Reply: Forced Performance Turbo