Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

MR Super Diaqueen is awesome in the 5-speed GSR tranny!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2007, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MR Super Diaqueen is awesome in the 5-speed GSR tranny!!!

After trying all the other popular fluids (factory fill, GM Synchromesh, Penzoil Synchromesh, Redline MT-90) in my tranny, I decided to shell out the extra cash and get the OEM Super Diaqueen GL-4 75w-85 fluid as required on the MR 6-speed. Now keep in mind that I have an almost new IX SE 5-speed, and already I can tell that this is the best overall fluid I've used thus far. The fluid meets all the requirements of the 5-speed tranny and shifts great! The shifting is just as good as that experienced when I used the Synchromesh, but I'm convinced that the slightly thicker OEM fluid will protect the internals of the tranny better.

Anyway, just wanted to let all you 5-speed owners out there know that if you want to stick to OEM fluid with smooth shifting and don't mind spending a little extra cash, definitely give the Super Diqueen Gear Oil a try.

Last edited by 06stiman; May 23, 2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

anyone else do this? any other reviews/opinions?
Old Jun 10, 2007, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's all I use in my built 5spd from Shep. I don't consider it spending extra cash, though. It's no more expensive than BG II.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for some more opinions about this topic! Very Interesting.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by BlueDemon
Bump for some more opinions about this topic! Very Interesting.
If Warr uses it, you don't need another opinion.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
good to kno for when i goto change my fluid
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we use the Mitsubishi Diaqueen for the transfercase, and use mixture of 1 bottle of Redline MT90, 1 bottle of Redline MTL and 1 bottle of BG Synchro Shift II.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed Element
we use the Mitsubishi Diaqueen for the transfercase, and use mixture of 1 bottle of Redline MT90, 1 bottle of Redline MTL and 1 bottle of BG Synchro Shift II.

How many miles do you advise putting on the tranny cocktail between fluid changes?
Old Jul 15, 2007, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Very interesting. I plan on doing all fluid changes this week. I may have to try this cocktail.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

you can use the MR Super Diaqueen in the transfer case and rear def also correct? I was just about to order this from lancer shop but wanted to make sure i could use it in the rear and transfer case. I have an 05 MR and wanted to also know if anyone has a part number to see how much it is from a dealer.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Spinsall4
you can use the MR Super Diaqueen in the transfer case and rear def also correct? I was just about to order this from lancer shop but wanted to make sure i could use it in the rear and transfer case. I have an 05 MR and wanted to also know if anyone has a part number to see how much it is from a dealer.
you are incorrect.

MR Super Diaqueen is for the Tranny... Diaqueen regular is just for the transfer case...don't use anything other than OEM fluid for TC and Rear diff...you'll thank me later
Old Jul 15, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are wrong... You suppose to use the regular diaqueen for the tranny, and the diaqueen LSD for the TC and the rear diff... that what i use on my 05 MR...
Old Jul 15, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

interesting stuff.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Danger, Will Robbin!! The next two guys already explained it, but I want to hammer home the fact that there are two fluids named DiaQueen. There is the Super DiaQueen for the trans, which is way more expensive, and then there is the DiaQueen LSD Gear Oil for the t-caes and rear diff.

Please, please don't buy things from Lancershop. Go to real Evo shops for parts, and use Mitsubishiparts.net for OEM stuff.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Danger, Will Robbin!! The next two guys already explained it, but I want to hammer home the fact that there are two fluids named DiaQueen. There is the Super DiaQueen for the trans, which is way more expensive, and then there is the DiaQueen LSD Gear Oil for the t-caes and rear diff.

Please, please don't buy things from Lancershop. Go to real Evo shops for parts, and use Mitsubishiparts.net for OEM stuff.
lol, warrtalon, why dont you like Lancershop?

Quick Reply: MR Super Diaqueen is awesome in the 5-speed GSR tranny!!!