Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

having problems with the TTP Engineering DP. Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2007, 02:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
We have installed over 200 units, 25% of which have been in 2006 IX. Never touched a crossmember.

You are not supposed to use the factory donut gasket which I assume you have.
U have assumed wrong! I am using the donut gasket that came with the dp. Look bro, I am not trying to give u guys a bad name I am just trying to get some help here. I have installed a total of about... 10 dp's on 8's and 9's and for some reason this one has been giving me a problem. The flex joint of the dp is hitting the t-case and not the cross bars. I know I have installed this correctley and I have just come to a conclusion... That this dp is not properly made for the 05's and 06 evo's. I will just sell this dp to a person with an 03/04 8 and get the a dp that fits without issues.
Old May 27, 2007, 02:33 AM

CBRD installed my TTP DP and TTP testpipe. My cross bars had to be removed as well. CBRD said he tried washers as well but no luck.

Jason
Old May 27, 2007, 05:05 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
CBRD installed my TTP DP and TTP testpipe. My cross bars had to be removed as well. CBRD said he tried washers as well but no luck.

Jason
I personally use the same pipe on my own 2005 MR with ACD and both crossmembers. It fits perfect and touches nothing.
Old May 27, 2007, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

This was a simple thread about a problem with a ttp dp and it had to turn into a sh** fest, I dont ever remember the OP asking you to butt in and create a huge argument about your product that doesnt seem to fit. Your comments are just unnecessary in this thread.
Old May 27, 2007, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Quote"can't we all just get along"Rodney King.
Old May 27, 2007, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

i heart evom......
Old May 28, 2007, 09:21 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I personally use the same pipe on my own 2005 MR with ACD and both crossmembers. It fits perfect and touches nothing.
well,

we had problems with this one... not sure what the dealio is...

most of the dp's we install, with the exception of the dc sports and the AMS with the big turbo kit, require removal or lots of spacing of the cross bars.

cb
Old May 28, 2007, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by CBRD
well,

we had problems with this one... not sure what the dealio is...

most of the dp's we install, with the exception of the dc sports and the AMS with the big turbo kit, require removal or lots of spacing of the cross bars.

cb

Wasn't trying to throw you under the bridge. Just stating that a PROFESSIONAL installed all my parts and it needed a few crossbeams removed. That's all.

Jason
Old May 28, 2007, 09:34 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
Wasn't trying to throw you under the bridge. Just stating that a PROFESSIONAL installed all my parts and it needed a few crossbeams removed. That's all.

Jason
Jason,

wasnt responding to you, sorry, was responding to TTP...

this is a megan part, from everything ive seen, we use their o2 housings, headers, etc... and are waiting on some of their new downpipes (like the one we installed i believe).... Normally fitment is great, but once in awhile we've had some bits not fit, and they just send us new ones..

cheers

cb
Old May 28, 2007, 10:20 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
Jason,

wasnt responding to you, sorry, was responding to TTP...

this is a megan part, from everything ive seen, we use their o2 housings, headers, etc... and are waiting on some of their new downpipes (like the one we installed i believe).... Normally fitment is great, but once in awhile we've had some bits not fit, and they just send us new ones..

cheers

cb
However the part does resemble other manufacturer's dp's, TTP's pipes are our own.

Many of the affordable downpipes from many brands are made overseas and some even at the same fabrication companies later to be badged once in the usa by various companies.
Old May 28, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

I am using the TTP DP on my VIII and it fits perfectly
Old May 28, 2007, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

I am using a similar DP... Only rubs on oil pan. Clears both bars. I am about to buy the new MR DP made for the 9s.
Old May 29, 2007, 07:16 AM
Account Disabled

However the part does resemble other manufacturer's dp's, TTP's pipes are our own.

Many of the affordable downpipes from many brands are made overseas and some even at the same fabrication companies later to be badged once in the usa by various companies.
I have no problem with the manufacturing of them, we may send some things to china later on for production.

i like the megan stuff!

cb
Old Jun 4, 2007, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was instructed to use the factory donut gasket, when installing the new Megan DP? I just installed this DP and there was no new donut gasket, just the flat ones. Am I going to have to remove the old donut gasket and replace it with one of these flat ones? I'm getting this little wistle sound coming from the DP, I assume this is a leak from using the factory donut gasket?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump for an answer on the Gasket?

Quick Reply: having problems with the TTP Engineering DP. Please Help!!!