Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Shepard Trans plain and simple FTW.

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2007, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Shepard Trans plain and simple FTW.

Shepard managed to RE-Build my TC, yes that is right RE-Build a TC that was plagued with a Death Whine.. saving my a couple thousand and having the bragging rights to say I'm the first that he re-built (or so he says)

Witness the new and improved Stage 2 TC/Trans (Quiafe LSD wasnt worth the money for the Stage 3, to me atleast) capable of harnessing power that my car will only make IF I, rob a bank, inherit millions, win lottery etc etc.

Someone forgot to put insurance on my trans and UPS broke my bell housing so I got one of those aswell.

Shepard Trans is the way to go I would like to thank him for all his help and patience.. He made me wait an extra few weeks on the low waiting for a shipment of Ring and Pinions so in turn he could save me a couple thousand dollars in which he didn't have to BUT he did! He answered all my questions in a timely fashion and treated me like I was his only customer in years! (which is not the case) He could have sent me a new TC and re-built my trans and left me with a bill of 5k BUT he did not. He has made my year I doubt anything will top this because here I am with 2k left over for some GO FAST parts!

The TC/Trans feels amazing even though I'm still scared to put it in 5th because it used to grind forever I got used to grannying it in.. but no more worries!

I advise anyone who needs any TC/Trans work to go to Shep and only Shep.

Big thanks again to Shepard Trans and to "The Shop" and Muke for giving me a great deal and taking care of my car and washing it to make sure I got her back like new.

Do it right or do it twice!
Old May 27, 2007, 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

i have a shep trans and love it!!!
Old May 27, 2007, 04:47 AM

pm me how much that thing cost please
Old May 27, 2007, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

i ordered a shep stage 2 t-case last week, should ship out on tuesday. John is an amazing guy to deal with!

Last edited by yikez; May 27, 2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old May 27, 2007, 08:22 AM

Shep tranny's have been a DSM love for years. I am glad to see that he helps out in the Evo world as well.
Old May 27, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

That is nice to see that he is now re-building the tcase. I had to buy a new one because he was not able to re-build mine due to the pinion and gear. I really wish he was doing this when I orderd, it would have saved me a great deal of cash!
Old May 27, 2007, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
So let me get this straight, Shep now has someone that manufactures the ring and pinion so we can all get rebuilds now instead of buying a new t-case?
Old May 27, 2007, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

wow..that means I can save my whining transfer case after all?!?!
what's the total cost of the rebuild...??
Old May 27, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice
Old May 27, 2007, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
So let me get this straight, Shep now has someone that manufactures the ring and pinion so we can all get rebuilds now instead of buying a new t-case?
+1

Definetly interested in this possible new development.

From reading everything on evom about the transfer case, Mitsubishi does not sell the ring and pinion pieces but only the complete transfer case.

I'm going to give Sheperd Racing a call Tuesday to clarify.

Last edited by 6-speed; May 27, 2007 at 03:03 PM.
Old May 28, 2007, 02:03 AM
Evolved Member

I heard this from John a while ago. I believe he has now made it public knowledge, there is an announcement (top one) on the main page of his site. I have my spare tcase there now getting some work done. It's nice to know I can get my whining original rebuilt later on if I toast this one.

I must have done at least 5 grand worth of business with him with the 2g, I couldn't come up with a single complaint if you paid me to try.
Old May 28, 2007, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kjewer1
I heard this from John a while ago. I believe he has now made it public knowledge, there is an announcement (top one) on the main page of his site. I have my spare tcase there now getting some work done. It's nice to know I can get my whining original rebuilt later on if I toast this one.

I must have done at least 5 grand worth of business with him with the 2g, I couldn't come up with a single complaint if you paid me to try.

That is awesome. I just wish I would have kept my old transfer case when it was whining. BTW where is that announcement. I'm looking at the site right now and don't see it.
Old May 28, 2007, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

yea i don't see it either... but that would be awesome none the less
Old May 28, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Talked to Shep. on the phone and seem like a pretty nice guy. Heard a lot of good things about his work and am thinking about having Shep. do my Transmission and Transfercase.
Old May 28, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by El.BlueEvo9
Talked to Shep. on the phone and seem like a pretty nice guy. Heard a lot of good things about his work and am thinking about having Shep. do my Transmission and Transfercase.
When did you talk to him? Did you ask him about the ring and pinion gears it looks like he has now?

Quick Reply: Shepard Trans plain and simple FTW.