Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

cylinder head specs and repair...got questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2007, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The machinist owes you a set of valves. That is just plain lazy and sloppy.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

I won't run any head that wasn't completely dissasembled and cleaned during/after any machine work as well, I've seen too many motors ruind from bull**** in the head running through them. The more I think about this situation, the more bizarre it seems.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. The valves were not a problem since I will be getting new ones anyways. Sigh, looks like a new/used cylinder head. Please keep an eye out for me for anything that comes up.

BTW, anyone know why evo pump failures keep happening? I was told by a DSM guy that sometimes they fail b/c the water pump belt can run too time. I wasn't too sure if our Evos are also belt driven.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kjewer1
I won't run any head that wasn't completely dissasembled and cleaned during/after any machine work as well, I've seen too many motors ruind from bull**** in the head running through them. The more I think about this situation, the more bizarre it seems.
Yea this guy is right. But as far as milling the service limit is on the head where the circles are. As long as they dont mill past that mark you should be fine well as far as I have experienced, but it will as everyone else has said raise your compression. People say you will notice greater spool up from raising compression, but the amount of compression you are gaining from that mill wont yield any real noticable results, you will gain more hp from 1psi of boost vs 1 compression point. A very reputable tuner in the honda world has tested this going from 9:1 to 10:1 same car turbo setup. His name is Jeff Evans, does a lot of tuning for Full Race.